+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coping Wuth Work and Home Suggestions

Hi,

Up early again, hubby away again so I get up early if I can, make a coffee and have a coupe of hours to myself before it all begins again. Plus I must catch up on this site - I'm addicted now.

I just thought it would be a good idea to get everyone who is working wether by choice or force as they say, topost thier ideas on what helps with the load when you have to do it all - love the kids, the husband (when he is here!!), thehousework *yuk) and in my case running the whole house/bills etc as well.

Something that works for me is to try and be organised at night so I don't have to rush in the morning and nag the kids to get out the door when they are still munching their toast. I have a list on the side of the fridge which I have laminated that basically has everything I meed to do each night.

I need to unpack kindy bags and repack, put fruit in, get the girls clothes out for the next day, my work clothes ready, make my lunch, sidhwasher, rubbish, feed dog and put out the breakfast things for the morning. Its a bit of a pain, but if I do it while kids are having dinner and bath etc it makes life easier the next day.

So what are your ideas - maybe we could help each other!!

AHHH the joys of house managers, mothers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nearly forgot, I saw a mum a kindy yesterday open her car boot and she had 2 great big pink and a blue bucket in the back - 1 for each kids things. She said they were fantastic and she bought them at unnings 0 So I'm off today at my lunch break to buy some - wll let you know how much they are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi just read this post.... I don't know how you manage!!!

I have just returned to work after having DD and it's sooooo hard!!!!! I just want to sleep!!!

I work 8am-4:30pm. and my day doesn't end there, i have to pick up dd from daycare, go home, give dd dinner, give her a bath, cuddle and play for a bit, make myself dinner, clean up, give dd a bottle, try and get her to bed, then by that time im so tired and drained i just have a shower and go to bed. Then when i get up in the morning i have so much running around to do with packing dd's bag for daycare and organising my work clothes and lunch..... It's just so tiring! But i need to work! Me and DP have split as he doesn't want to commit to me and dd, and so i have to do everything on my own!

Any suggestions as to how i can plan my day would be a big help.

PLUS: I am moving this weekend and have no idea how im going to get all of my stuff out and unpacked at my new house in two days! Cause i know i won't have time after monday when i go back to work!!!!! And i only have one child!!!!! How do you do it all and stay sane????!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gracewolds, you sound like a Flybaby! Forgive me if you have no idea what I'm talking about. There is an organisational website run by the "Flylady" (www.flylady.net) which offers help in setting up routines to keep you, your family and your house organised. People who follow her systems are called "Flybabies". I found it fantastic when I went back to work briefly last year and I still use my routines now. Like you, I try and do everything at night so I'm organised in the morning.

Madismummy, this site is definitely worth a look at - especially as you have so much on your plate, you poor thing! Sounds like you're doing a wonderful job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Whenever you are cooking something that you know freezes and reheats well (curry, pasta sauce, lasange) make A TONNE. That way you can package it up for dinner for nights when you really can't be bothered cooking, boil some rice/pasta, heat the sauce and you're done with v little effort.

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started back at work this week too and am feeling the same as you.

I have tried to get as much ready the night before and have been lucky enough to have my husband here to help with the bath and bed routine. (although bub seems to only want me at that time of night )

I have looked at the flylady site too and I have gotten some great organisational tips from there. I don't like all of what she preaches but you get out of it what you choose.

I came down with a head cold my second day back at work so have only managed to get our reheated dinner cleaned up and bub fed bathed and put to bed before crashing myself (god I miss that arvo nap).

I am now on my two days off, much to my office's displeasure, so am trying to enjoy all my time back on my 'at home' routine while I can.

Good luck give yourself a couple of weeks to get back into it your stamina will increase and you will get more organised by pure necessity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm starting to worry about this myself.
    Next week I will be starting voluntary work as a teacher aide, I have to get my DD 7 to the bus stop by 8am, very quickly walk my other DD to day care and then walk a good 30 mins to get to work on time before 8.40.
    Will do this 2 days a week, then the other day my DD 3 is in care, will be my uni day so will be doing the whole bus stop thing and day care thing then walking 15-20 mins to the bus stop for myself to get to uni!
    Leaves me with 2 days a week, which I will be looking into getting some kind of part time work to help with the family income, have been thinking I could do family day care on these days...
    Gosh I am going to be so worn out. Plus weekends and evenings I work from home.
    DF has it so good, he can shower, eat brekkie and get him self to work, come home and his meal will be cooked ready to eat... no worrying about rushing here and there to get kids into school, care and then myself to work and uni all by FOOT ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia&BellasMummy
    I'm starting to worry about this myself.
    Next week I will be starting voluntary work as a teacher aide, I have to get my DD 7 to the bus stop by 8am, very quickly walk my other DD to day care and then walk a good 30 mins to get to work on time before 8.40.
    Will do this 2 days a week, then the other day my DD 3 is in care, will be my uni day so will be doing the whole bus stop thing and day care thing then walking 15-20 mins to the bus stop for myself to get to uni!
    Leaves me with 2 days a week, which I will be looking into getting some kind of part time work to help with the family income, have been thinking I could do family day care on these days...
    Gosh I am going to be so worn out. Plus weekends and evenings I work from home.
    DF has it so good, he can shower, eat brekkie and get him self to work, come home and his meal will be cooked ready to eat... no worrying about rushing here and there to get kids into school, care and then myself to work and uni all by FOOT ..
    Is there no way he can do a drop off or pick up for you a couple of days a week to help you out?? My husband is itching to get a second car seat so he can pick up bub from child care.
    If it really starts bugging you I would start a roster for getting tea ready ( on the nights you can deal with the kids easily ) perhaps a little time in your shoes would make him a bit more sympathetic and help a bit more.
    I must say you sound like superwoman to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    No, he doesn't drive either, he is going for his license in September which will help out then!
    He has to leave home by 7.30 in time to get a lift into town for work.

Roster sounds good, but do the men actually listen to them