+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nemosmum
    I do understand where your coming from Kristie,

If my in laws had the audacity to ask me to abort my child I would be fuming too

Also I think the baptism has nothing to do with the in laws or your folks either, you are RJ's parents not them so they should all just be quiet and supportive or say nothing at all imo

I have my own problems with my inlaws and I know how tough it is but dont let them get to you, yes you have to deal with them but dont let them suck the happiness out of your day lol

Also remember to try and talk nicely about them to dp be cause you know you would want him to treat your family with the same respect (even though its hard its neccessary iykwim)

Hope things get better soon.
    well at least some people can understand where i am coming from anyways.

i am a bit mean though, i do talk a bit disrespectfully about his parents to him. but i only say what is basically the truth. and he knows it but i guess he doesnt like to hear it. but my parents treat him better than his own do so i dunno. he can see what kinda people they are and how they hurt me but it doesnt seem to phase him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just back to the Christening/Baptism thing for a sec, like Razzle said, there is a difference. Our minister explained it to us recently.
    The Baptism is the part of the service where the child is being baptised in to a particular faith, the christening is when the child is being given its name.
    So really a christening is usually part of a Baptism iykwim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coopsntilly
    Just back to the Christening/Baptism thing for a sec, like Razzle said, there is a difference. Our minister explained it to us recently.
    The Baptism is the part of the service where the child is being baptised in to a particular faith, the christening is when the child is being given its name.
    So really a christening is usually part of a Baptism iykwim?

thanks....

see i knew i was right, a christening is not the same as a baptism.

and it is a catholic thing, not all christian religions have christenings as far as i know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm Church of England and we had our daughter christened by our rector.

Baptisms and christenings are done at the same time. If you don;'t want a religious ceremony then you can just have a naming ceremony. We wanted our daughter baptised into the faith and naming her as part of that ceremony was not unusual.