ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    MEKISS is offline This baby's going to be mine one day!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got AF this morning, so I start injecting Saturday morning. I'm so not looking forward to the needles again but if that's what it takes to make my dream come true I'll do it. Hopefully it'll be third time lucky???

I hope you are all doing ok, look after yourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh mekiss I thought it was gonna be good news for you as we hadnt heard from you and I know your BT was supposed to have been Tuesday, i'm sending you good vibes and good luck for the next cycle..

im on day 7 already and finished taking clomid last night so back for a BT on monday for me to start tracking ovulation.

sunny positive happy thoughts for everyone!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mekiss I am so sorry to hear that. I too thought there was going to be good news.
    I hope you have success in this round!

Zimby-good luck.

Let me know how you get on.

I have nothing to report. We are still on our break from trying and I am really enjoying it. Our next apt is on the 31st so hopefully before the end of the year I will be a mum! We all will.

Thinking of you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

I am new to IUI. My husband and I have been TTC for 2 years, and we had a miscarriage last year.

I start FSH injections on Saturday, then have to go in for a BT on Wednesday next week.

I am just scared that we are putting so much hope (and money!) into this, and we are not even guaranteed of a good result!

Anyway, I'll let you know how we go!! I'm nervous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome mimibiggus. I know how you feel. We have spent a lot of money and have not had a result yet but we are on our way. I think this is the most heartbreaking and yet the best investment I will ever make.

I wish you all the best. Let us know how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks Jane, good to hear your enjoying the break, i'm thinking I might need a break soon, but as I have now left work we have said we need to get as many cycles done as possible this year whilst I am not working, so we have to keep going with it for now. we have sort of decided that we only want to try 3 IVF cycles and after that we may give up, but who knows we may feel differently at that point. Lets hope it dosnt get to that point.

heh mimibiggus, good luck for your IUI cycle
    I totally know what you mean about the money, we have been TTC for almost 3 years now and we only went to the GP in April 08 to start doing some tests, we have been going to see a FS at an IVF clinic since Sept 08 and have had so many tests, a laparoscopy and we are currently on our 3rd and final IUI cycle, if this dosnt work we have to do IVF. Already since April 08 when we first started this ball rolling we have spent $7466.00 and we havn't even started IVF yet, so i'm a bit scared as to how much this will all actually cost, I started to keep a spreadsheet with all costs so its been quite good to keep track of it all, of that above amount we got quite a bit back from Medicare which is good but we are still out of pocket several thousand already. Its just not fair, I wish I could have used that money on baby costs or a fab holiday instead. But I suppose we just have to deal with our situations the best we can, with a smile on our face, even though it dosnt feel like we can sometimes

mekiss, me too, lets hope its third time lucky for us both

Thanks
    Reviews

Default cost

HI Zimby,

As I am new I'm not sure whether to respond to the post reply or the quick reply. What is the difference?

What I wanted to ask was whether you were in Australia? Obviously, I don't want to intrude but I am just starting the whole process, on Clomid at the moment and just wonder if this doesn't work what we are in for.

All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi Michelle, I just use 'Post Reply', I hadnt actually noticed that quick reply button, but i've never tried it so dont know what it does.

Yes I am in Australia too and with regards to whats next, It would depend on your individual situation as each FS seems to recommend different things, for our situation I have no problems ovulating or anything like that and my DH has no problems either so we went down the road of trying to find out what the problem was, we were offered IVF when all our tests came back with no problems, our FS just had a guess that it may be Endometriosis as everything else had been ruled out, so we had a choice at that point to either do IVF straightaway, which would bypass the endo or do a Laporoscopy to confirm the endo and then he could treat it. We chose to do the Lap because I wanted to know if I had endo, it turns out I did but it was really mild, so the FS burnt it off and he said that should have doubled our chances, so we tried naturally for 2 months but no luck, so we then started to do IUI and we are now on our 3rd IUI cycle, if this dosnt work we have exhausted all options except for IVF. I never took Clomid on its own without doing IUI to go with it but I know other FS have prescribed Clomid on its own, so there are different paths you can take and your FS will let you know which options or choices you have at every stage. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,
    Just wondering if any of you used Pregnyl as a booster shot after IUI (days 4 & 8), and got pregnancy symptoms, but weren't actually pregnant once you had your blood test???
    I'm trying SO hard not to get my hopes up because my nurse said that Pregnyl can mimick pregnancy symptoms, but I've just woken up for the last two mornings feeling yuck. I'm due for my blood test on Monday 24th - maybe I'm just getting anxious about that. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never experinced anything myself but I have heard of other people that have. I know it can even give a false positive on a blood test

This whole process messes with your mind! I really hope the symptoms are real and that this one worked! Good luck