+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    heh Mekiss, oh i know how you feel, this time is the worst of the whole cycle I reckon, now its getting closer to AF time I wonder about every twinge, pain and symptom and overthink things too much. I just hope its worked for us both so we dont have to do this again. I have dreams too, but this time I've been having pregnant dreams like one night I dreamt I was in labour but I had no pregnant belly, it was totally weird. The other night I fell asleep on the sofa and dreamt I was pregnant and then started panicking and then woke up abrubtly. Its a bir freaky, but I know its just coz its on my mind.
    I just hope I make it to my BT on Monday with no AF. Good luck with your final injection on Friday and even better luck for your BT on tuesday. Let me know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    heh mekiss, how you doing?
    I think I got AF its only the very beginnings but I know what it means so am too upset to even ring the nurses, my DH is going to ring them and find out what we should do next. I really dont know if there is any point doing a third IUI as its obviously not working. I just am so sick of this, its like banging your head against a brick wall every month. Hope you havnt got your AF yet, hope you can be strong until your BT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Zimby I am so sorry to hear that. No matter how much you try it just doen't get any easier. You never know the third try might be the charm.
    Mekiss, Good luck with your last injection today.

Girls if we lose our hope we have nothing left. I know it is hard but we need to believe it will happen for us. It might be harder and less conventional but we will do it in the end! We will be mums.

Good luck and chin up

MEKISS is offline This baby's going to be mine one day!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Zimby, I honestly thought with your dreams etc that this cycle was going to be your cycle. I'm feeling the same as you & am wondering if it is worth doing a 3rd IUI cycle as well. It's so emotionally draining & really disheartening when it doesn't work.

I haven't got AF yet but if these cramps are anything to go by I reckon she'll be here by Monday.

The thing that has kept me going so far is when I think about friends of ours that had been ttcing for 10 years & gave birth to a little girl last week. They had been to nearly every fertility clinic in Perth & were ready to give up when they decided to try the fertility clinic we go to & they ended up seeing the same fertility doctor as us. I worked it out the other day & he must have had got them pregnant in something like 3 months, when they had been trying for 10 years with no luck.

We will be Mums one day

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi Jane and Mekiss,
    AF is defo here for me, my DH rang the nurse and I have managed to get a BT for tomorrow now instead so I dont have to wait until Monday, that way if we are doing our third and final IUI then I can start Clomid on day 2.
    I spent all morning in bed being all devastated but since then I went out this afternoon and feel better now. The nurse told DH that the FS might want to se us before we do another IUI as he might not reccomend it and he may want to see us to discuss IVF. However I think we may aswell give it a go, our FS definately wont let us do any more than 3 attempts, so we may as well give it one last shot. I have been reasearching nutrition and endo diets on the internet and i'm going to cut out all Wheat, Dairy, Sugar, Yeast, Meat and Soy from my diet and see how we go with that. But ultimately its up to our FS and will just have to see what he says about another IUI attempt.

Jane how you going with your healthy eating and stuff, what foods are you eating, do you feel better?

Mekiss good luck, stay strong, sending heaps of luck and postive energies your way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Zimby you have a really great attitude. Good on you!!!!
    My healthy diet plan has kind of gone out the window in the last few weeks. I have been walking most days but need to be more disiplined. I have tried to portion control my meals and not mixing protiens. Not cutting anything out except for the suff I shouldn't be eating anyway. I am taking mutivitamins and drinking heaps of water.

I think it is a good idea to try 1 more IUI. They say the average is 3 attempts so you might as well give it a go before doing IVF. It is cheaper and less taxing on your body.

Good luck babe! We are always here if you need us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to this thread, having just had my first IUI this morning, and now waiting until Mon 24th for my blood test.
    My husband and I have a beautiful little girl who is nearly 3 and was conceived naturally, so I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that I'm actually having to do OI with IUI. We've been trying to conceive since October last year, and I did conceive and had a chemical miscarriage in December, but nothing since then. I went back and saw my Obstetrician and he referred me to Dr Mac Talbot at Monash IVF - do any of you see him? He has said that because of my age (39), we'll only do two cycles of OI with IUI and if they don't work, then it's on to IVF.
    I'm so used to getting a BFN each month that I'm probably expecting this not to work, but I'm so desperate for it to be successful, just as each of you are hoping that your cycles will be successful.
    I've had to take my little girl with me to the clinic a few times this past week because her grandparents haven't been able to look after her, and I have to say that I almost feel guilty taking her into that environment because I worry about what others may be feeling and thinking. I wonder if there are ladies there who look at me and think, "why is she here, she already has a child. I don't want to upset anyone, but I have to take her with me if mum and dad can't have her, and in some ways, it makes the whole experience easier and makes me feel better, knowing that she's with me. Does that make sense or am I just being selfish and insensitive to others?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and welcome to our little group.

I don't have a problem with you bringing your daugher at all and I don't think anyone who is strugling to concieve would mind either. Now that I have gone through this myself I would never wish this upon anyone and for all they know your daugher might not have been concieve naturally and it may give them hope. And hope is what we all need and begin to loose after a while.
    As much as it hurts I am always happy for those who have children because I know how painful it is to not be able to concieve natrally or even with help from the FS. You are not being selfish you are a mum who is doing what she needs to in order to grow your family. Don't appologise. You can't control other peoples emotions... I think we have enough to deal with with our own.

Other people may feel differently but you do what you need to. Good luck with this cycle. Let us know how you get on

Thanks
    Reviews
    heh siansmum, yeah I agree with Jane, dont feel bad about bringing your daughter, children are everywhere we go, so it not like we can get away from the fact that most people have children, we just have to deal with it. I'd be lying if I said it dosnt hurt when I see kids in the waiting room, but that dosnt mean you shouldnt bring them, so dont feel bad or guilty, and I do realise that whoever is in the waiting room are obviously having there own problems otherwise they wouldnt be there, so I dont have a problem with it at all.

Anyway, I had my BT this morning and no surprise it was negative, so the nurse rang our FS and he is happy for us to do one more final IUI, so I will start taking the Clomid tonight and start the whole damn process once again.Ho hum....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jane007 and Zimby for your replies. Zimby, so sorry to read that you didn't get a BFP with your IUI this cycle. Let's hope that it works next month for you. Can I ask, how many cycles of OI with IUI have you done? Have you only used Clomid or have you had a go with the Puregon injections too? My FS put me straight onto the Puregon and then the Pregnyl Trigger Injection. I had my IUI on Friday morning and next Tuesday and Saturday, I have to give myself booster shots of Pregnyl. Combined with the blood tests, I feel like a pin-cushion! I think the tww is the worst part though. I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up, but it's difficult not to. It'll be hard to hold back from doing a HPT too, but I just don't want to get a false positive and then be crushed if AF turns up, which is what the nurse said could happen. Anyway, fingers crossed for both of us (all of us in this thread actually).