+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that mekiss. It hurts even when you are expecting bad news. I suppose the one positive is that the chances increase for the next iui. If you were like me they had to alter my level of drugs halfway through because my oestrogen levels were not getting high enough. At least now they know what level of drugs you will be on and what day is best to do the iui.
    Have a good cry. It helps me. Oh and a bit of chocolate and a glass of red wine doesn't hurt either!!!
    Are you starting your next round this month or do you have to wait a cycle?

Shai - your story is facinating. I don't have any friends who are gay and i can only imagine the **** you guys have to put up with to not only be recognised as a couple but also to start a family. Thank God for sperm donors! I have thought too about doing something to help infertile couples after we hopefully have our children. Don't know how yet but will think of something later.

Zimby - Good luck for Monday. Let us know!!
    I am kind of looking forward to having 2 months off from all this. It all gets a bit much and I think we might have sex this month cos we want to not cos we have to! Been a long time since we have done that lol.

I am so grateful I have you girls to talk to about all this. We have chosen to not tell anyone about our treatment and it can be quite lonely at times. All my friends have just looked at each other and fallen pregnant so they can't understand any of this ****!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default waiting

im so sorry to hear that mekiss thats a bummer, oh god its so incredibly hard isnt it, its just horrible.
    I am totally stressed and nervous right now as wait to see what happens, to be honest I have a bad feeling about it and I also think it will be neg, I will prob find out before the BT anyway, but fingers are still crossed... omg I just feel sick with nerves which I know is not good.

Yeah Jane I totally agree, we took a break early last year and it was so refreshing I actually felt normal again, so I hope it makes you feel the same. lol about having sex coz you want to..haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey mekiss, im so sorry to hear about you negative test. i can only imagine the emotion and heartache you must feel.. i hope you are ok, and regain your strength and positivity for your next try. and yeah.. remember your chances increase every time you try! it shouldnt be this hard for anyone to make a beautiful bubba.. especially when we are women who want it so desperately. im so nervous to start our treatment.
    my partner (who will be carrying the child), has never had intercourse with a man, so im completely unsure what that will mean, re her ability to concieve? maybe her body will jump at the chance to get pregnant or not respond at all because its not used to sperm ..

zimby - i too will be thinking of you monday.. keep your head up girl, remember the support you have through this site if you are not ok and dont have other avenues to vent through! but hopefully it is good news of course!
    sorry, i know i dont know any of you - and i am new to this way of communicating, but just reading your posts is enough for me to know that you ALL deserve to be mummies.

oh and yeah, we get stupidly jealous of couples who just hold hands and whisper sweet nothings.. and then the next thing they've fallen pregnant. its hard not to think like that.. or get bitter about it even, as much as i try not to go there.
    with us we only wish our love was enough! and we didnt need a man!

im so glad i found this thread.. we're not telling anyone about our treatment so it IS isolating and difficult sometimes, just keeping quiet about it when its such an emotional process. somehow the word got out about us trying for a baby a while ago, and there were very unhelpful and hurtful opinions about it..

lots of love to you ladies, sorry about my morning rant.. i should have a coffee before writing on here i think.
    s x

MEKISS is offline This baby's going to be mine one day!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning

I got AF y'day & we've decided to do another cycle straight away. I have to go & have a bt today & start the injections tomorrow.

Zimby- I have everything crossed for you.

Shai- it's all so complicated & there are so many what if's. I'm sure everything will work out for you & your partner.

Jane- You've done really well to keep it to yourselves. I found it too hard not having anyone to talk to about it & eventually ended up telling my best friend. We also decided to tell our parents & a couple of other close friends. But it's hard as none of them really understand what we are going through & even though you can talk to them it still feels like you are all alone. I get really sick of people asking when we are going to have kids & one day soon I'm going to do my nahnah & they'll wish they had never asked.

Have a great day everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default not worked

ohhhh nooo I dont think its worked for me this time. oh well I still have to have the BT on Monday and then probs straight onto the next cycle too. I am totally sick of this never ending merry go round. We did a natural IUI cycle this time so now im wondering whether to take Clomid this time, bit nervous about side effects though, I already have the prescription for them, but your supposed to start taking them on day 2 which would be tomorrow but I would rather speak to the nurses first but I really dont want to call them I just want to hide away this weekend..Maybe I will be braver later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zimby- I'm so sorry, did you go & have your bt?

I'm onto my second day of injecting & we're doing it a bit differently this time. My dosage goes from 50 units one day to 75 units the next. Apparently I had 3 eggs last time & this time the want just one. The nurse was so good as she explained everything to me & even told me when I'd need to have my u/s to check on eggs, lining etc. Last time I had to try & organise the u/s with only 2 days notice & we live in a small country town where the sonographer only works 2 days a week.

I hope everyone is doing ok. Look after yourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    heh mekiss
    yep I had the BT on monday and it was neg as expected. So this time we are doing another IUI cycle but with Clomid. I dont think I am having injections no one told me anyway so all I am doing is taking half a tab of clomid from day 2 to 6 and then I have a BT on day 11 to start tracking ovulation. No one has really explained anything to me apart from above so I hope I dont need injections.
    Good luck with your cycle, I know what you mean about having to drop everything and arrange things last min, it can get awkward, although as I have just quit my job it will be fine for me this time. My husband works interstate fairly regulary so that can be awkward as his work has to book his flights in advance and the dates dont always work out for us...ho hum we are trying to work round that though.
    Fingers crossed for us both this cycle!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zimby I am so sorry it didn't work for you this month.

I was not on Clomid I was on Purogen which is injections. I think you do one or the other. Not sure what the difference is. Sometimes the nurses just assume you know what is happening and don't tell you everything. I ask now even if I think it is a stupid question,

Good luck with it this month

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on the same as Jane.

I've gotta psych myself up to do the injections myself as I'm going away on Sunday until Tuesday & DH isn't coming with me (DH always does them). I tried to give myself the injection this morning but chickened out & then DH botched it up. I now have a lovely big bruise around the injection site.

Whatever you do make sure you keep on pinching the skin as you put the needle in. Otherwise you'll end up with a nice little lump & a bruise like I got this morning!

Have a good weekend ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi Jane thanks for the good wishes yeah I hope it works this time coz I am really sick of all these endless appointments and not being able to plan things too far ahead. I thing I just need 1 trigger injection so that should be fine but I will know more when I go for BT on tues. How are you doing? I know your on a break for 2 months so hope you are relaxing.

heh mekiss, injections for you too, I would be like you I think and not be able to do them myself I am not too good with things like that.
    Well dont feel bad about the bruise the nurses aften give me bruises with a BT and they are supposed to be experts...lol