ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default anyone in melb doing IUI?

hey guys, me and my partner are also about to start our first cycle of IUI using Donor sperm. i'm new to this site and just wondering where you have been doing your treatment? we will be starting in albury, although we will live in melb, and then if that doesnt work will try again with melb ivf. we've been seeing FS at melb ivf for a month or so, and also are hoping to get advice of doctors or work in the public sector, which i guess is through the royal women's. we are a same sex couple (24 and 26), so we have to wait till law changes in vic before doing treatment here..
    be great to hear from anyone as we only have each other to talk to!

S

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shai,
    Welcome. I am in Perth so i can't really offer you much advice on where to go for treatment. I think it is crazy that you two can't just be treated like any other couple who wants to have a baby and needs some help. There are so many people out there who would make great parents but just need some assistance and it shouldn't make any difference if you are same sex partners or not. I hope the laws change for you guys soon.
    Good luck with everything and keep in touch with your progress. If you need to vent this is a great place to do it as well.

for you

Jane

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey jane, thanks so much for your kind words. having to travel and prove ourselves fit (or infertile) for treatment in our own state totally sucks. it doesnt make sense when we are paying for the treatment which is so expensive anyway, and surely any baby that is braught into the world with the amount of planning that concieving a child through assisted insemination involves, is a good thing. so many children are born everyday that were never planned and they still get the love and care they deserve.. i only wish people recognised the rights that all women have to be mothers, and forfill their maternal yearnings..
    having said that, we are so anxious about our treatment.. having to plan every step also gives you time to worry, and stress about whether you are making the right decision! there is so much waiting around for results etc! what is your situation? are you doing IUI also?

S xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default hi

Heh Jane, how did your appointment go on Tuesday? Hope it was ok.

Hi Shai26, I too have also just had my first IUI a week ago so am just waiting waiting waiting now to see if it has worked. The procedure itself was fine, it wasnt too bad, I was stressing before but so pleased when it was over. I am in NSW so dont know about the facilities in VIC, but I agree if you are paying no one should tell you what you can or cant do, its not fair. You mention that you have to wait for the laws to change in VIC, how long will that be? It dosnt seem fair.
    Anyway take care and good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Shai - I have had one IUI so far but we have just been told that my husbands sperm count is too bad to do another so we might have to go straight to IVF. It has been a roller coaster of emotions. The IUI itself is not too bad. Just like a pap smear. It is all the emotional baggage that comes along with this process that hurts. You don't have to answer this if you don't want to but are you guys using anonymous donor sperm or are you using someone you know? Just curious really. I am watching the series "the L word" at the moment and the couple on that are doing the same as you guys but they are using someone they know and they did it themselves. not sure how all that works?!?!?!?

Zimby
    The appointment was quite non eventful. She really had no idea why his count would be getting worse and has told us to come home and be super strict with our nutrition and we are both taking a number of supplements. Our next appointment is in August. We have to give it at least 2 months to try and get his sperm healthy. She said it might be diet related because he was dieting too hard. If that does not work then it is IVF. Also she said if it is still as bad as it was then we cant even do normal IVF we have to do (not sure of the name) the one where the individual sperm is injected into the eggs. Takes all natural selection out of the equation. It is all a bit daunting but I am trying to keep up beat about it.
    Not long now till your 2ww is over. I bet it has felt longer than 2 weeks. Good luck and I hope you have some good news for us this weekend!!

Cya

MEKISS is offline This baby's going to be mine one day!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Afternoon Ladies

I thought I had a good look around all the threads to see if I could find an IUI thread that people chatted in regularly. I guess I found it.

I'm nearly at the end of my first IUI cycle, I have a bt tomorrow to see if it worked. I'm so nervous & I just can't wait for Wednesday to be here so I can find out the results (I live in the country & bloods have to be sent to Perth for testing so we get the results a day after the bt was done). AF was due today & I've had a few cramps so I'm thinking it hasn't worked & AF will be here shortly.

How'd you all go with the needles? I hate needles but they actually weren't too bad though the pregnyl ones really hurt.

Good luck ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    Welcome to our little group. Oh My God. good luck for your bt. I have everything crossed for you. I agree with you about the pregnyl shots. They sting! the other ones were not too bad and I was on such a low dose of the puregon that it did not effect my moods that I know of.

Have you done any home tests? I resisted the urge to do any when I had my iui. I am glad I did. getting a false positive would have sucked!

Good luck with it and let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Jane, oh gosh 2 months wait, well at least you can have a break from the never ending appointments and stuff. Hope the diet and nutrition works for you both. Yeah I have heard of that other IVF treatment where they inject the sperm into the egg, its totally amazing what they can do heh. At least we all live in this day and age as opposed to 20 - 30 years ago when not much treatment was available, we are all so lucky for that. As for me still waiting I have my BT on Monday!

Hi mekiss
    I hear you mekiss I am also at the end of my first IUI cycle and am waiting for my BT which is on Monday. Its really hard to not think about it heh, every pain or twinge I get I start thinking what was that, what does that mean, it driving me mad..LOL
    I hope you get your results quickly, best wishes to you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey sorry for the late reply,
    alas it isnt as glam as the L word (although i love that show!)..
    we have to use clinic sperm,or i guess we 'chose' to use clinic sperm because we didnt know anyone to ask and felt like we would prefer it to be just between us.

the experience of chosing a sperm donor has actually been really eye opening.

it has been SO incredibly humbling to be a recipiant of such a selfless act and gift! reading the profiles we were given to choose from, and considering the kind of people who donate, restored my faith in humanism. is such a huge decision but i hope i can donate eggs one day because of it actually..

MEKISS is offline This baby's going to be mine one day!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The nurse rang today with my bt results. Negative, I knew it would be as I'd caved Monday night & did a hpt which was also negative. I have to say I'm glad I did a home test as it gave me time to get used to the fact that I wasn't utd. Though I totally agree with you Jane that it would have been so upsetting to get a positive & find out that it was really negative.

It's so upsetting & unfair what we have to go through hey? You can't help but wonder why me.

Zimby- Good luck, I'll be thinking of you on Monday.