ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck sophiep. I'm also in my 2WW after my first IUI - currently 8 DPO so will see what next week brings... Our FS says that it's worth trying IUI for another month at least. My parents used IUI, and my brother was conceived on the 4th month, me on the first month, and my sister after 12 months (though missed some months for various reasons). That was 30 odd years ago so if it worked then, we're at least in with a chance now I would think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BBB,
    Fingers crossed for us! 3 dpo today.
    Are you on injectables? I have to inject myself today. You have been TTC just a tad longer than me, may I ask why you are doing IUI?
    My cousin had to do IUI as well, her first child was from the first try and her second was from her second try. So I keep thinking it must work for me?! Im sure its only a matter of time before we get our BFP, even if we have to try IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sofiep and BBB, I hope you don't mind me joining you on the IUI journey. I'm new to bubhub and this is my third try at IUI, and I really need some support.

I just started jabbing myself with Puregon yesterday (day 5), so looking at the IUI being late next week.

Fingers crossed for the both of you. The tww is horrible, hope you are keeping busy!

I just had one question if you don't mind sharing, what was your husbands washed sperm count at the time of the iui?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.
    Sophiep, I was just on clomid days 2-6, no injectables. I have PCOS and DH's sperm test showed higher than normal abnormal sperm (I think it was about 97%). My cycles took almost a year to get "normal" after the pill, and have now been normal since around Dec last year. So even though my cycles are pretty regular I think the clomid is just an extra "boost". To tell the truth I'm not 100% sure why we are doing IUI, but the old fashioned way hasn't worked and it is an easier and cheaper step than IVF so I think the doc thinks it's worth trying this first.

Gemgem, I think when they tested the sperm that was used for the IUI it was in normal range. The doc just briefly went through it with us, but didn't give us a copy of the results.

AF is due today, and I have been having mild crampy aches since yesterday, so just waiting for AF now. I have to admit I crawled into a ball and cried for about half an hour last night. I'm fine most of the time but at this time of month it always gets to me. All the fears that it may never work become big irrational fears

Good luck for this cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I'm another newbie to the forum. My DH (33) and I (31) have been trying for almost 4 years now. I had some endo removed back in January and my FS said to give things a go naturally before going back for IUI. After 6 mths of seeing a naturopath etc, still nothing, so we're booked in in August to get the ball rolling so to speak. I think this thread is awesome because it's so difficult to get friends who already have kids to understand how all this feels, so as a result it's just easier not to discuss the whole process at all. How has everyone else been going with their IUI attempts? Do the FS give everyone injections and hormones to take or does it depend on the person?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.

I had my second IUI yesterday. Took 50mg clomid again days 2-6 and this time it worked like it's meant to ie I ovulated on day 14 (normally my cycles are slightly longer eg 31 days so don't O until day 17ish).

We are thinking twins because when I was scanned a few days earlier there was a good egg on each side!

The plan for us is to try again another month if this month doesn't work then probably have a laparoscopy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there, Im new also and had my first natural IUI with Donor sperm last Wednesday. The TWW is KILLING ME!!!! It's been interesting to hear your stories.
    Currently i'm at day4 after Ovulation, and cant wait to take a preg test, its driving me crazy. Its hard being positive, cos then you start thinking ur setting yourself up for another dissapointment. But i dont want to be negative so i'm in a wierd limbo right now. Lol. Good luck to everyone waiting on BFP's!!! for us all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default newbie...

Hi ladies
    i'm just about to start my first round of IUI as a single mum. I have a long history of ovarian cysts and have had to have more surgery over the years than you can poke a stick at!!! I was told when i was younger that i probably wouldnt be able to have kids due to the cysts. Miracle do happend - i have a 2yr old daughter but alas am single. Other than lots of scar tissue my fs believes there is no reason i can't have another baby so here we are.....

Am very excited and nervous at the same time....... To start am having a natural cycle with only a trigger injection to make sure i ovulate. I guess first time around we will just have to wait and see.

Not looking forward to the tww but on the other hand i am - at least then i will have started the journey.

Best wishes to all on the journey
    Last edited by nelle7250; 05-04-2011 at 23:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi nelle! come join us in the 'about to begin iui journey' thread if you like
    from what i can see on this thread no one has written on it for 6 months. i am on my 2nd round of iui and there are a few of us on the other thread doing similar. just wanted to say hi and invite you over
    all the best, iui is really not so bad...the injections don't hurt too much, for me it was mind over matter, after the first one i was fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lissyloulou View Post
    all the best, iui is really not so bad...the injections don't hurt too much, for me it was mind over matter, after the first one i was fine
    yep from my memories a walk in the park compared to ivf

wishing you all luck