ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

this is my first time here but i felt i had to reply as you girls are in the same boat as me. I'm currently at the end of my first cycle of IUI and i've had two days of spotting when my period was due so had a blood test today and it looks as though it hasnt worked, my HCG levels are higher than normal but not high enough to confirm a pregnancy (also did a HPT which was negative) Back for yet another blood test on Tuesday to confirm but i'm not holding my breath for the results.

We are one of those couples that falls into the 'unexplained infertility' category, we've been trying since November 2009 so i was happy that we finally got to the stage of something happening when we started this treatment - the whole process with tests etc just seems to take forever for the doctors to make any decisions

i found the whole process quite easy though, i had a few issues at insemination time as my cervix is tilted so they had some trouble getting to where they needed to be and i too was a blubbering mess for a few days - felt very sorry for hubby having to put up with my moods! but, thats the drugs for you!

We are now considering whether to go with another cycle of IUI or to go straight to IVF?? not sure whether we give this another go or jump straight into IVF. Im also thinking i might look into accupuncture as i've heard that can also help with fertility issues

Who knew having a baby would be this hard!!

and..anyone who says 30 is too old to be having a baby is kidding themselves..i'm not quite there yet (am 28) but i think you still have plenty of time to go!

Good luck, hope it all goes well for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BecJohnson View Post

and..anyone who says 30 is too old to be having a baby is kidding themselves..i'm not quite there yet (am 28) but i think you still have plenty of time to go!
    Totally stupid I am 37 and now that we have BFP no issues, best of luck.

If your considering IVF I would say go for it.

Also as far as feeling sorry for DH about you being a mess well he not the ones with his bits in the air is he, he will live.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HelloLadies, I am new to this site, I am only 24, my DH is 32, we have just started our first round of IUI. Im on Day 5 at the mo, taking Clomid.
    I have a trigger shot, then insemination, then 4 x pregnyl shots after. (I THINK) So overwhelmed by all the info we were given, I cant help but think I'm 24 years old and I'm doing all this, taking this and that, surely this has to work. I really hope so.
    Anyone out there where it worked the first time?
    Anyone nervous about giving themselves needles???
    No one told me about the side effects - any tips?

lucysummers is offline My little monkey and my little pickle!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi sofiep - it's all so overwhelming isn't it!

We fell on first round of IUI with our DD. Had been on puregon injections daily till trigger shot and IUI then the 4 pregnyl injections in TWW. They aren't fun to give yourself but they are worth it. Can DH help with injections? My DH is so needle phobic I had to do them on my own !!

I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy the month before my IUI and apparently this does increase the success rates (1st cycle after op)...something to do with a big clean out !!

I hope you have success quickly - there are many in the same position as you....and it CAN HAPPEN lots of heading your way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Want anyone's opinion - I thought for the last week that I would get pregnant on my first round of IUI. Im only 24 and DH has above average sperm count so I was so positive.
    Until I found out that the chance of it working is like 15% - but that is higher than conceiving normally??
    I am wrong to be so positive that it will work?
    Driving myself crazy only day 8 today!
    Blood test and ultrasound tomorrow and then monday too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sofiep View Post
    Want anyone's opinion - I thought for the last week that I would get pregnant on my first round of IUI. Im only 24 and DH has above average sperm count so I was so positive.
    Until I found out that the chance of it working is like 15% - but that is higher than conceiving normally??
    I am wrong to be so positive that it will work?
    Driving myself crazy only day 8 today!
    Blood test and ultrasound tomorrow and then monday too.
    Remember just my opinion.
    We did 3 rounds of IUI with nothing wrong with us that anyone could find, changes higher than normal I would say no just gets the timing right.

IUI did not work looking back wished we had gone straight IVF, first time and BFP.

But like I said thats only one example it must work for some.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had Day 9 U/s and bloods.

There are 19 follicles on one side all under 10mm.
    Then there are 19 follicles on the other side all under 10mm as well plus 1 follicle that is 12mm.

Hoping this is a good result?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently not good results.
    Eostrogen is not high enough and lining is way too thin.
    Another 5 days of clomid...

Thanks
    Reviews
    day 15!
    levels have increased, lining has increased slightly and three follicles all the same size at 1.4mm
    Another blood test on day 17 and then possibly again day 19....
    waiting to see if theres a dominant follicle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    well have completed first IUI insemination today.
    I was only at the clinic for 45 minutes. its really not that invasive.
    Now im in the two week wait.
    Best wishes and baby dust to any one else who might be waiting on test results.
    xxx