ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry Ladies to crash your thread...

I just wanted to say to Bel that I did IUi to conceive my first son...I got my BFP on my 2nd attempt....I also went through IUI to conceive for the 2nd time, and ended up conceiving twins on the first go! So it does happen. Just have to stay strong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sm2j - yay!!! I'm so glad to hear some positive news :-) I do have to stay strong and your comment will make me do that.

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    we are on our third and final IUI (in the 2ww) and even if this cycle doesn't work I wouldn't say IUI is a waste of time. If anything it sort of prepares you for IVF, without throwing you completely in the deep end. It's a lot less intrusive so it's worth trying for that reason too. And it might just work! You never know........
    Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    the ivf is going well I have been stabbing with Gonal F 225mg for the last 4 days and going for the first scan tomorrow to see what is cooking
    so far so pains or discomfort but its early days so far
    and my husband is great he does all the stabbing and has an excellent technique - I would hope so he is a nurse

i agree with waterlili as far as IUI is less intrusive and might just work etc but 4 months later I guess I also look at it as I could have been almost 1/2 day through a BFP
    the positive train left a long time ago I am riding the reality train now that just dealing with things as they occur far less disappointment and broken dreams that way also I guess the husband nurse thing helps with that you can only deal with actuals

as far as the cost issue MIVF is around $4,400 upfront before you can claim anything back at the end of the cycle a month later - the savings have taken a great bash
    the only thing PI gives you is a choice of going to Freemasons if with MIVF rather than RWH
    but I would read through the IVF post re MIVF as a lot of people are not recommending them, including me

Thanks
    Reviews
    the ivf is going well I have been stabbing with Gonal F 225mg for the last 4 days and going for the first scan tomorrow to see what is cooking
    so far so pains or discomfort but its early days so far
    and my husband is great he does all the stabbing and has an excellent technique - I would hope so he is a nurse

i agree with waterlili as far as IUI is less intrusive and might just work etc but 4 months later I guess I also look at it as I could have been almost 1/2 day through a BFP
    the positive train left a long time ago I am riding the reality train now that just dealing with things as they occur far less disappointment and broken dreams that way also I guess the husband nurse thing helps with that you can only deal with actuals

as far as the cost issue MIVF is around $4,400 upfront before you can claim anything back at the end of the cycle a month later - the savings have taken a great bash
    the only thing PI gives you is a choice of going to Freemasons if with MIVF rather than RWH
    but I would read through the IVF post re MIVF as a lot of people are not recommending them, including me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All been very quiet in here lately,
    I just went to ave my BT and damn AF turned up when i got to the clinic GRRRR damn her to eternal damnation... sorry just a bit cranky bout that one. So we have one more shot at IUI then onto more expensive/invasive treatments i suppose! we are waiting till next yr to start our next iui and we are doing injectables this time!! Any advice on injectables would be great my FN said i won't be as evil on them as with the clomid, so hopefully DF will be able to keep his head lol.
    Anyways i will be checking in to see how your all going while we have our little break and i hope to hear some good news out of you wonderful; ladies soon xx Kara xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi mumofjay yes the needles as yuck as they cause less crankiness than clomid

my husband (nurse) did mine I have had 17 in the last month I could not stand having to self inject

get the nurse to train yours and life will be easier for you we have enough to deal with

hope everyone is well as it has been very quite in here lately

Thanks
    Reviews
    overit - are they the same sort of injection as the trigger shots??? if they are i will be fine. My DF hates needles when i gave myself the trigger i asked him to just sit with me and talk to me while i was doing it and he couldn't watch and went white as a ghost, and reakoned he was gunna vomit lol big sook he is!!
    Well FN rang me at 2ish to let me know that they have had a problem with the machines so i wouldn't get my results till after 4 then they rang back at 3:30 to tell me they wouldn't be back till after 6 and i haven't heard from them since.... so i'm guessing i have to wait till 2mrw now!! i'm going to my GP 2mrw to find out what to do about the cysts in my (.)(.) see what he say's, will update you all with my results 2mrw.. night Kara xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    heh Jane are you still around, hows your cycle going this time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls!
    Aaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh, infertility makes me so cranky! I was told 6 years ago I couldn't have kids but we are extremely lucky that we have gone on to have 3 beautiful kids on our own. They are our miracle babies. My best friend is not so lucky. She and her DH have been TTC for 4 years. They have just had their first attempt at IUI. This morning was her BT day and I was so excited and nervous for her. Spoke to her to wish her luck and bloody AF came yesterday

How on earth do you all cope with this?? It just seems so ridiculously unfair. I want to go and be with her but then I'd have to take my kids and the last thing she needs is a 7 month old baby in her face.

I know what it's like to think that you will be childless but that feeling only lasted a few months before we proved them all wrong. How do you do this for years and years?

I don't know how you guys cope with this. I'm devastated for her and I'm not the one who has to live with it every day. You are amazing women to keep going. I hope the universe gets it's s**t together soon and gives you ALL bfp!