ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Also Zimby,

I am very interested in this type of approach as well. You could always ask if you can do IVF and the natural stuff at the same time. I know with that Sharky's, which is also a natural healing program, that you can do both at the same time. If the doctor is recommending it then it must be credible. Let me know what you find out if you give them a call.

Glad you are feeling a bit better today.
    Last edited by michelle 70; 05-09-2009 at 22:55.

MEKISS is offline This baby's going to be mine one day!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Zimby- I'm so sorry it didn't work out, I thought it would have been 3rd time lucky for you. It's the absolute pits what we have to go through & it's so confusing where to go from here. I have my bt on the 14th to see if this cycle has worked & if not we're booked in to see our FS on the 17th. I'm really just going to wait & see what he says but atm I'm leaning towards not doing anymore IUI cycles & seeing what we do about IVF.

I don't think I have told you all already but my SIL came up last weekend & told us that she is pregnant with her second. She only had her first baby 16 weeks ago & she's already 7-8 weeks pregnant! I couldn't believe it when she told me, I was absolutely stunned. She then went on to say that it would have been nice if it had of happened in a couple of months time. I felt like screaming at her that they were the ones that were trying again for a baby & hadn't been using any contraception. I'm happy for them but it's so bloody hard when all you want is one of your own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    we have booked in our 2nd round scan for Wednesday

at the same time doing acupuncture and Chinese herbs hoping that it will all work this month

Chinese therapy can take 3-4 months to work worked for us before but pregnancy ended with an ectopic and we have been unable to get BFP again

Thanks
    Reviews
    heh mekiss, good to hear from you, I was wondering what stage you were up to. for the waiting game, good luck.

hi overitand36 thats interesting about the chinese herbs and acupunture I have often wondered does it work. I will definately go down that path if our 1st IVF dosnt work. Right now we are short on time as we want to move so need to just get the IVF done.

hi Michelle70 thanks for reassuring me about the periods, if you think about it logically your body is pruducing more eggs whilst on Clomid so it makes sense they are heavier.

Where I am at now is we have just come back from our appointment with the FS and we have signed all the IVF consent forms and we are going ahead at the end of the month. I have booked in for my orientation with the nurses on Thursday so they can give me the drugs I presume and talk though how to administer them etc. I'm just going to take it one step at the time and hope it works. Our FS said we have a high chance for success doing IVF so I feel ok about it at the moment, but am a bit nervous about all the procedures etc as it sounds full on. So heres hoping that its not too bad and most importantly that its successful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Zimby,

Glad you are feeling ok about the new path of IVF. I really hope it works for you SOON. I hope you can surround yourself with lots of positive and supportive people during whille going through this next stage.

I am still waiting. I did a test on sunday but it was negative. Don't know when I exactly ovulated though so not sure if it was too early for just that is hasn't worked AGAIN. Grrrrr I have my FS appointment next tuesday but really hoping we won't need it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    zimby the acupuncture and herbs are also good for preventing miscarriage and during pregnancy its better starting as soon as possible

i had my first appointment with afternoon after by first IUI it was great made me feel a lot better after the procedure which we all know is not the way be dreamed of getting a BFP

i am not looking forward to my scan tomorrow as I have not tested positive on OPK kit I think this month may be to early for IUI on friday but lets hope I have some follicles on the scan and can go ahead
    Last edited by Lastcenturymum; 10-09-2009 at 17:24. Reason: rude

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi all!

Firstly to all, this isn't an easy path to go down....sometimes it gets too much. Over 10 preggie ladies came into my work today, not to mention all the babies too! I had enough and avoided serving at the counter lol they must think I'm rude hahaha.

Our donor's results came back sweet, so have booked all the fights, appointments etc., he is coming over on the 19th(this month)for a week. Hopefully things aren't too awkward!
    So things are on track to start Donor IUI Dec/Jan, can't wait!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    do you actually meet your donor is it someone you know

are you going to freeze until dec/jan

i had been thinking about freezing rather needing a sample each month for IUI but I think it drops the success rates?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep! Is hubby's best mate

They have to freeze donor sperm for 3-6 months for quarantine due to tests for HIV and stuff.
    The 3 month quarantine starts on the day of the last deposit. I will be counting down the days!

Not sure about the success rates of frozen compared to fresh, I know there is a 70% chance of being pregnant after 6 rounds...

Only a week until he is here

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow your brave

a donor you know that close I could never do something like that and then having to hide who the biological father was if he ever come up in the future

what rights if any do donors have

our second IUI went ahead on Friday so the horrid TWW has started again hope it has worked this time
    FS said lining was much better this month thanks to the herbs and acupuncture I have been taking