ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default thanks

HI Zimby,

Thank you for the info. It's is so much money isn't it. To think that it might become even more expensive if the government tries to get rid of the rebates. Does anyone have any news on this. The cost of of it all makes it all that little bit more worrying. grrrrr. Never thought I would be in this situation. Good luck with your 3rd round of IUI. Fingers crossed for you. I am in the middle of taking the 3rd round of Clomid. fingers crossed for both of us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    heh Michelle, yeah its heaps of money, I think the new costings kick in Jan next year but I dont know many other details about it.

I just had my third and final IUI this morning, it was loads of messing around I had to be there at 7am to have a BT then DH had to do his thing at 9.30am and then we had to wait round until 11.20am for the actual IUI, usually I dont have a BT on the day but the FS said I need one to make sure it was the right time, so hence all the waiting round all morning. So boring!!! Anyhow its all done now thank goodness, so for

Mekiss are you doing IUI this cycle, if so when is yours?
    Hi Jane how you feeling at this stage of things, not long now til your FS appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zimby - I hate the waiting around too. It gives you nothing but more time to think.

Have been a bit down the last few days. AF arrived yesterday but I was expecting it. Been hanging out with my Sister in-law and her new baby which has been great but hurts a bit too.
    Our next appt is on Monday 31st but trying not to think about it too much.

Good luck with this IUI. I will be thinking of you. keep us posted

MEKISS is offline This baby's going to be mine one day!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck Zimby, I have everything crossed for you!

Yep I'm onto my third & final round, not sure when insemination will be, I'm on cd8 atm.
    I've made an appointment in September to see the FS to discuss where we go from here (if this cycle doesn't work).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jane, it must be hard seeing your sister and law and new baby, keep your spirits up. Its always a bad time when you get AF so hopefully you will feel a bit better next week.

Mekiss, yeah I've done the same and booked a FS appointment for 3 days after my last BT, coz I suppose i'm not really expecting this to work. I'm glad I booked it coz he is so busy we usually have to wait a month to get to see him, so its great to book it now it means we are not wasting time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Hi! :)

Am a newbie here, hope you don't mind me joining in
    A bit about me: moved to NZ from Adelaide with my man in 2003, got married, bought a house and started TTC 1 year ago. A few months ago we decided to get our fertility checks done just in case and although mine came back fine, DH's sperm count came back with a big 0 .
    Got referred to a fertility clinic, more tests, turns out he he has Klinefelters Syndrome...one of the major side affects is infertility. He had micro-surgical sperm extraction done on Thursday just been and they couldn't find a thing in there. So we will be doing IUI with donor sperm.....not how we imagined things would be, but we will get our baby somehow!
    We have a personal donor set up already, he is DH's best mate. So are waiting for donor's test results to come back on Sept 1st and then will fly him over from Sydney for a week or long weekend, once a day donations and then it's frozen and quarantined for 3 months. Then they re-do the donor tests and if the results are good, we can finally start IUI!
    Anyway, sorry for talking you ears off lol I tend to go on a bit....
    Look forward to hearing from you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lexy,
    Wow. It must have been a very emotional fertility journey for you. Your DH must have a true friend. That is such a generous thing to to.
    I don't think any of us imagined that we would have so many issues in having a baby, and unfortunately we can't have a "normal" conception but I think our kids will know how much they were wanted when the day we have been waiting for finally comes for all of us. I wish you the best of luck. Let us know how you go. Are there many legal hurdles you have to go through to do this?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi!

He is a great friend, he said he was honoured to be asked and was gonna offer anyway!
    Luckily there aren't any legal issues involved, he just has to sign something about the HART act, all the donor's info will be available to the donor kids when they turn 18. But they will know him anyway, he will be a special uncle, and godparent! There are just a lot of tests and counselling and of course waiting lol

Still is quite emotional at the moment, I guess it's still quite fresh on our minds...DH is worried that our kids won't accept him as their dad. And I have worries that he won't have a strong connection with them. No wonder the counselling is mandatory!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just remind him that it takes a lot more than DNA to be a good father. I can imagine it must be hard for him. I hope the counselling is helpful to you both.
    Your baby will be made out of your love for eachother and the desire to grow your family, the chemistry is secondary!!!! Good luck to you both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lexy,

You are so lucky to have a friend like that. Wow. I don't know if we know anyone that would be willing to do that for us. I hope you have lots of family and friend support for you and your husband. It would be so hard for him.

Can I also ask, I heard that if you live in NZ that you have to wait 10 years before they will provide medical help. Is this true?