+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy iui newbie help!!

Hi all,
    I am new and not sure where i fit in most. I am on my first cycle of iui and I am going through my 2ww i feel abit stupid as i cannot workout some of the lingo but eventually i'll work it out.
    I would really appreciate anyone with some input on my situation:

I started treatment on sunday 12/4 gonal -f injections
    Got trigger(assume thats what u call it) friday 17/4 Ovidrel
    Insemination done sat on 18/4
    Pregnyl 1500iu shots on 21/4, 24/4 and 27/4
    I am hooked on HPT's did one wed 29/4 and today 1/5 both times positive. Should I be excited? BT is on 6/5
    Last edited by Emerald Star; 01-05-2009 at 22:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emerald Star,

I am also new to this and this is my first post! I also don't understand a lot of the lingo the girls here write about but I guess we will get there eventually!

My hubbie and I have been trying for a baby for 2 1/2 years now and just finished our first cycle of clomid and iui - no success on 30/04 We decided to try straight again and our ob suggested puregon injections this time. We are now on day 4 of those.

I know the 2ww is extremely hard and you think about it all the time - I found it so hard not to take a hpt - the thing is the pregnyl injections are beta hcg which your body secretes in pregnancy so my clinic warned not to do a hpt as it would come up positive because of this and may lead to dissapointment. I really hope for you the positive hpt also means a little one is on the way but please keep that in mind as the dissapointment can be overwhelming. I found for me the thought of going straight back into trying again really helped.

I wish you all the best and hope to hear from you soon that you will be a mum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Star View Post
    Hi all,
    Pregnyl 1500iu shots on 21/4, 24/4 and 27/4
    I am hooked on HPT's did one wed 29/4 and today 1/5 both times positive. Should I be excited? BT is on 6/5
    Emerald Star - for you.

Your protocol is very similar to mine, except I have pregnyl on days 4 & 8, whereas I guess you have it on days 3, 6 & 9.

Last cycle, despite all my good intentions, I did hpts on days 11, 12 and 13, and got faint positives each day - was very excited, but suspected it was the pregnyl, since they were getting fainter, not stronger. Still, it was gut wrenching on day 14 to get negative, and I fell apart on day 15 when I got AF.

You have my BEST wishes, and hope you're celebrating big on 6 May!!!
    (Hope I am too on 18th!!)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 1st time too

Hi all,
    I am also a first time IUI. My husband and I have been trying for 3 & 1/2 years. After lots of tests it was discovered that I ovulate fine but my Oestrogen levels are too low for the follicles to mature. I have been on Purogen injections for the first 2 weeks of my cycle then had Ovidrel trigger. Went in for my IUI on the 14th and just had my first Pregnyl injection. I have 3 more to do after this one.
    I am not sure if it is the drugs or what but after my IUI I have not stopped crying for the past 3 days. I think it might just be the fact that I never imagined I would get pregnant by a woman inserting a catheter into my cervix. It is not sad crying but more anticipation I think. It just felt so unnatural but I guess beggers can't be choosers. I am feeling better about it today though and we are going on holidays for 2 weeks so hopefully it will help clear my mind.
    Do you have any side effects from your Pregnyl? The nurses don't really tell you much unless you ask.

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile I Know how you feel

Hi everyone,
    This is my first post, but just wanted to reply coz I know exactly how you all feel. I have also been TTC for 2 and half years with no success and had a Lap in March which found mild endo but still no success for last 2 months trying naturally so Dr has said next option is IUI and then IVF. I'm so sick of the 2ww also its so hard especially at work when all you thinking about is other things instead of trying to work, but heh at least we are all in this together we are not alone so Good Luck everyone. I'm going to book an appointment right now to try to get this IUI thing scheduled as I think waiting another month to try again naturally is wishful thinking somehow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Zimby,
    Well all I can say is "do it now" don't wait any longer. I waited way too long just hoping it would happen for us naturally but it didn't. I also was overweight so even once I had my first appointment with the clinic it was not until I had lost some weight that they would start me on my treatment. I had a few months of tracking through blood tests then once i had lost the weight I was good to go.
    for you guys. I know it is hard to not think about it all the time. Everyone always says to try and forget about it and relax but it is easier said than done.
    It sounds like you are staying quite positive which is great. It is great to chat to other people who are going through the things as us. I wish I had found this ages ago.
    Best of luck, let us know how you go

Jane

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jane007 - I've cried a lot since using pregnyl - can't tell if it's the pregnyl or the BFNs!

Hopefully you'll soon be crying tears of joy. You too zimby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Jane007 and ayse08 thanks for your well wishes.
    Thanks for your advice I booked the appointment so back to the FS on 1st June, I hope we can try IUI quickly I dont know if we have to do any other tests beforehand, nothing is done quickly it seems, always waiting for this that and the other.
    Hope you enjoy your holidays Jane007 it should take your mind off things, good luck.
    I know what you mean about waiting to long, I have a friend who is convinced I am too old (im 30) and that this is all my fault, just coz she had kids when she was 20, hmm not a very helpful friend I think. I agree this site is great it gives me so much hope reading about other peoples stories and speaking to people who actually understand me, what a relief!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ayse08 - Thanks. At least now I know It might be because of the pregnyl. Any luck on the 18th?

Zimby - I am 29 this year so we are not that far apart in age but all my friends started when they were older so I have not had any of that sort of talk from them. And it is not your fault for waiting so long. It is a very personal thing that you have to do when YOU are ready to do it. People who have not had trouble conceiving find it hard to understand what it is like.
    Be prepared for many blood tests and internal ultrasounds. You get used to the blood tests after a while. I go to the same place every time and have a great guy who takes my blood each time. They have to do the blood tests to get an idea of what your hormone levels are like during your cycle and if you ovulate or not.They call this "Tracking". The internal ultrasounds sound worse than they are. The nurses are great and they are very professional. They do these to check how many follicles you have and what size they are. Before my IUI I had 1 really big one and 5 smaller ones. Here's hoping the big one took.

Sorry if this is all too much information for you but I wish someone had told me what to expect.

Good luck

Jane

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jane I appreciate all the advice, yes we very similar in age as I only just turned 30 in April so i'm a newbie 30 year old...lol
    and I really dont feel too old, we started TTC when I was 27 and from your other post it seems you would have been too, or at least round that age. I dont understand why some people have trouble and others dont it dosnt make much sense to me. But anyway as for the dreaded blood tests oh yeah I know all about those..hahaha I faint everytime so now have to lie flat every time which the nurses laugh about. I have had the cycle tracking and the ultrasounds too. I was referred to an IVF clinic in Sept and so did most of the tests then, but nothing too nasty, not looking forward to the IUI though.
    Was that your first IUI that you did in recently? How was it? I am a bit apprehensive about the drugs and the side effects. Are you feeling better now?