+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Calling all Heart Mums

Here's a new thread for you ladies, other one was too big

here's the link to the old thread http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=141632

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    wow a shiny new thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good to see a new thread happening!

S - I couldnt quote your last post so hopefully I correctly remember what was written. I will only have an amnio if there is something wrong with the bloods. I dont want one at all if I can help it.
    Not long now till bub arrives. Its very easy for someone else to say you need to relax and take care of yourself, isnt it? You really deserve to feel excitement and anticipation at baby's arrival this time around though. You and your new bub have a beautiful little guardian angel in Zac and he's going to be there every step of the way for you and make sure his little sister arrives safe and well.
    Are you having any counselling to deal with all the different emotions you must be feeling right now? I'm booking in for a few sessions when I get back from Ireland. I have been having some really vivid flashbacks to when Caelan was sick in hospital and think it might be unresolved grief issues. Have been giong to the bereavement meetings that Heartkids hold every quarter too. That has been helping too, chatting to other mums like us, as there is a mum attending who lost her little boy last year and is also pregnant again.

And on a positive note, I've decided to become more involved with Heartkids WA too! I've offered myself up as a volunteer to help out at their events and stuff. Feel good about that - I think Caelan would be pleased ....
    Last edited by TeenyT; 02-05-2009 at 09:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam- I too have pretty much convinced myself that something is wrong this time too. I'm so scared for the echo as I don't want to be proven right. Honestly if I could sleep from now until Wednesday morning I would.

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!

What a mad last 6 weeks or so!

First it was someone stealing our wireless causing us to have a very unreliable connection and then a glitch in Telstra's system which didn't allow our username and password to register even though it looked ok at their end! Our modem would connect with a clone un/pwd, but not with ours ... sooo frustrating - if you are lookng for me, I'm the one huddled in the corner talking to myself with bald patches all over my head I'm suffering from lack of internet ...

Trish ... have an incredible trip away! You may be pleasantly surprised how Miss E copes with such a long flight. My kids continually surprise me every time we have to travel - they have never been any hassle. Mind you, the longest they have travelled was an 11 hour car trip. Fingers crossed that all tests come back perfect and there is no need for an amnio.

Peta ... sending many prayers heavenwards for Miss A and her health and for you and the wonderful Mum that you are. Now I'm back online, you know where to find me if you need anything.

To my beautiful pregnant friends ... I can't relate to the 'actual' pregnancy worries and anxiety of imminent scans/echos etc as ttc doesn't seem to be going anywhere but down the disappointment path currently for me, but I am sending all of my love and hugs to you all and praying that all tests/scans etc come up with only positive results

For those that don't know me, I'm Ky, 39yo, happily married and a Mum of 5 (although most do not count my early bubs). I live in southern NSW and have lived in Australia for nearly 6 years after emigrating here from NZ.

My precious kids are ... Bella 8yo, Daniel 6yo, Ruby forever 9 days old ( 22/01/08 - 31/01/08), Nikki born early and sleeping 04/08/00 and Sam also born early and sleeping 12/03/05.

Ruby is my heartkid. She was born with hypoplastic left heart syndrome, coarctication of the aorta, pulmonary and arterial stenosis, 8 ventricular septal defects and arteries as small as cotton threads. She underwent 4 open heart surgeries at Westmead Childrens under the care of David Winlaw, the first at 3 days old, but life would have been far too heart with so many complex problems so she slipped away peacfully after being removed from ecmo support. It was thought that she had a good chance of survival (70%) when her problems were discovered at my 19 week scan and subsequent echo at 23 weeks, but they had unfortunately misdiagnosed her as having hypoplastic right heart and had no inkling of her other many complications. Her life would have been horrible, so, as hard as it is to say that she chose the right option in leaving us, I celebrate her for her bravery in being able to say goodbye.

Ok ... I'm being called and I had better go as I've done virtually nothing but lie in bed and read today as it's so chily! Dh has just got home from work and I'm feeling a little guilty at my life of leisure ... oops.

Much love, Ky xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey V

I was walking through town this morning thinking of you and wondering how life was treating you ... I should have taken the hint and rung you right then and there! The biggest thought going through my head was wondering if you had more of an idea when Becca would need surgery as I have to make sure I can be there for you ... so glad to hear that it may be a wee way off for now and that she is doing so well. Give your two gorgeous girls a big cuddle from their 'Aunty Ky' xxx

I think that M is getting a bit better with bubs. He is desperate for another little one and still has days when he gets home from work and tells me that he saw a little one and it made him cry, thinking of Ruby and what she should have been doing. It continually surpirses me how raw his emotions still are ...

When approx in Oct? Early, late? I have a wedding to go to in NZ on the 17th ... that is, if I can get the money together My best friend since I was 10 has finally found herself a good man I'm hoping she decides to have kids soon - she's old like me

Ok, gotta clean this house and get dinner cooked before I get the kids from school ... Daniel has an eye test today. He is wishing that he needs glasses like Bella, but from previous exams his eyesight is pretty near perfect. Poor kid will be so disappointed ...

Catch you later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, I just saw this thread, I'm a heart mummy to Jaeme nearly 4. He had a VSD & ASD repaired at 4mths old, he's doing great now, we are due to have another check up when he's 4, but until then I can say he's doing great! I hope all is well with your kidlets xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ky I just read Ruby's story... she was truly so beautiful, I'm sorry this ever had to happen.

Actually, personally I've been having a bad time at home (some self inflicted) but reading her story just gave me a massive reality check about how silly I have been & how trivial the things are that I let get to me.

So thank you Ruby, you have effected me, for the better! & thank you Kye for sharing your story.

Dom

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Dom Welcome to a very supportive group of mums. We understand that there are times when everything gets too overwhelming and that life can feel incredibly hard at times - especially when we look at our kids and wonder what the future has in store for them.

Thankyou for your kind words about my precious Ruby. I miss her very much, but manage to live each day knowing that ultimately she was spared a life of constant surgeries. Doesn't mean, however, that I wouldn't have willingly travelled that path with her if it just meant a bit more time.

I am so glad that Jaeme is doing so well ... let us know how the 4yo check goes. I will be praying that a clean bill of health is issued

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ladies, a new thread.
    I hope everyone is well. mummarella, where did your DS have his surgery?
    Trish I bet your getting excited about the trip and are busy packing. Hopefully you will have your results from the NT back and be able relax a bit while your away.
    Ky good to hear things are good with you guys.
    I really hope you get a real soon, you guys deserve it.
    Sending for those of you who are having echos soon. I can't wait to hear about the arrival of your new little bundles of joy.
    We had a long weekend here in qld for labour day. We had a lovely weekend today and Sunday we went for picnics with family and friends and the weather was just gorgeous.
    I never realized until this weekend that the kids are still affected by what we went through with Ethan. Blake was 7 when Ethan got sick and had his surgery, its been almost 6 years and when we've been in the car both days he's been worried about Flynn. ( He sits next to him in the car) Twice he told me he was worried about Flynn, kept waking him just to check he's alright. When I checked him and said he's just sleeping and said "Well I'm just paranoid Mum, we nearly lost Ethan you know. I hate it when he sleeps in the car cause I can't see if he's breathing."
    I don't really know how to reassure him as I do worry about silly things too since Ethan.