+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    razzle is offline FORUM MANAGER~ Always watching...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Lightbulb The thing I couldn't live without

Hi all,

What was the one thing you couldn't live without?

I LOVE my giant wraps! I still wrap Eloise (at 6 and a half months) at night to help her sleep through and I couldn't have done it without my large wraps. They are Duck brand, 100% cotton and they're really big - 120cm square. I bought them online but have since seen them at Myer and David Jones for the same price - a bargain at $24.95 - and that's for 3! Gorgeous colours too - although poor Eloise was a little jaundiced when she was born and the orange one made her look like weird!! I also use them as a sunshade over the pram.
    Last edited by razzle; 23-11-2006 at 23:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi

My favourite things are a bit boring, but I loved my little rocker chair it was great when my bubs were starting solids and were too small for the high chair. I also loved my bath stand, made bathing so much easier on the old back. But my very favourite had to be the dummy

Easterlily
    Last edited by razzle; 23-11-2006 at 23:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rach those big wraps are great! You can also buy them from Target (where we bought them from).

Well I couldn't live without Jakob's CD "Music for Dreaming" it is on every night and I am sure it is why he is a great sleeper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Easterlily I know what you mean about the bath stand! I have crap knees and back and can't kneel and bend over the big bath. Don't laugh, but I have my baby bath on the cat scratching post! It's just the right height!! We tried it on the washing machine but it was too high.

Sarah, I've never tried music for Eloise. What sort of music is it? Like classical or nature-y? I've never listened to one. She really gets off on Boobah though - I think the people who made that were on drugs! As soon as she sees the show or hears the music she goes into a trance

Thanks
    Reviews
    The music is like classical lullabies played by flute and harp. Helps me to sleep too as I have a lot of trouble. Have not watched Boobah yet. Is it on ABC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds very relaxing Sarah. I usually don't have any trouble falling asleep. My mum tells me that as a kid she used sleep as a reward! Like, "if you clean up your room you can have a lovely sleep! Aren't you lucky!!" It worked for me - there's nothing I like more than sleeping!!

Boobah is on ABC but I have no idea what time. I think in the afternoons. Its SO weird, I can't take my eyes off it! I always find it when I'm flicking channels on Austar...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls,
    I agree Rach Boobah is the strangest thing on tv and you really can't take your eyes off it, although your mind is telling you to change channels. One thing we can't live without in this house is Harry's bug rattle. It keeps him interested for ages and allows me to get things done. Also it's been great at getting him to sit up by himself as he's so interested in it that he forgets he's sitting up and balances beautifully. It's when he remembers he's sitting up the he topples over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL Karena! It's that creepy man's voice when they tell you what's going on - "sister has a blue skipping rope". What's that about? Why don't they have names?! "Grandmama! Grandpa! Aunty!!!" WAY weird... You gotta watch it Sarah! I just checked the tv book - it's on before playschool at 3pm here. And the jumping puff people are a bit scary too.... but strangely mesmerising....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rach, I checked it out and agree that it is very weird. I had a friend over and she thought they were a bit mental too. Jakob wasn't too interested though. Ended up watching Degrassi High. It had some of the old characters and brought back memories.

Sorry to veer off the topic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am really old to say that I loved Degrassi when I was younger. Can't believe those characters now have children...how old am I again