+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Cosmic

It certainly sounds like you are about to O, if not already starting!! This depends on your cycle length too, I think I recall you saying you have a slightly longer cycle (did I get that right?), so this would affect which days you should expect to O. But from all the sounds of it, you definately sound like you are on track and I would probably be BD-ing !! Even if you are 1-2 days prior, they can stick around in there lying in wait!!

What my CM tends to do is for the few days after the end of AF there is nothing, then it starts really lightly, gradually getting a little bit heavier and creamier (gross descriptions I know), like as you say hand cream. Then when I am O'ing around day 12, it seems to be really heavy, only very slightly opaque-ish, watery etc. I think it means that your cervix has released whatever it releases to help the swimmers swim faster through to the uterus/fallopian tubes etc. Watery is a good sign! The thicker the CM, the harder it is for sperm to swim through.

This lasts for a few days, and then starts turning into a thicker, gluggy, sticky white sort of CM. And then goes away right before AF again.

This all sounds really yucky I know! Sorry

Hope this makes sense and hasn't grossed you out too much!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No way Kiersten - nothing gross at all! We've all got it, right? Might as well know what we're supposed to be looking for! My cycle last month was 28 days, supposedly with ovulation on Day 17. The 2 months prior to that were 26 days each and I really don't know when I ovulated.. the first month I just assumed it was Day 14 or prior being only a 26 day cycle (but wasn't checking any signs), the second month I started with temps but wasn't doing anything right and think I either didn't ovulate, or more likely I had a chemical pregnancy (all the signs were there). So last month, with the limited accurate information I did record (started temping from Day 12, didn't do any CM or OPK) apparently Day 17 was the day.. and certainly it would appear from what's happened so far this month that that's going to be the case again.

Thanks so much for the advice. I have been BD'ing my butt off! And will be doing more of it later!!

Sheree, I hope you are pregnant too... and yes I meant conceiving straight away after the first 'off-limits' month. I'm in Sydney.

good luck guys... look forward to hearing good news soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes the best of luck to all of us.

I am in Qld, Gin Gin actually, near Bundaberg! You know Bundaberg Rum. Well yes that is where I am, although I hate rum! Yuck!!!!!!!

Interested in hearing back from you, Kiersten, seeing as we are on the same cycle. I posted back to you earlier.

Take care gals.

Sheree
    xxx

ME-30
    DH-31
    M/C 23/5/05

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sheree, I know Gin Gin well. My dad's family were from bundaberg... I grew up in Toowoomba. Have only been a Sydney-sider for a couple of years but now that I'm here I don't think I'll leave - I love it! (though kids may change my view on that!)

right.. back to work. Chat to you later.

C. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cosmic,

Cool, so you know the area well. I don't think I could live in a big city, brisbane would be my limits, but raising a family, I am happy in a small town. I lived in Bundaberg for 2 years and got sick of the drive to Gin Gin every day, so now we live here, and my partner travels everyday now (but he is a sales rep- and it doesn't phase him). I work at the local council in Gin Gin.

I am on RDO today, but I should be studying and haven't even started yet, so better get my but into gear too. Will leave you too it.

Cheerio
    Sheree

ME-30
    DP-31
    M/C 23/5/05

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Sheree
    Sorry for not replying earlier - totally missed your post!! Not to mention that for the past two hours every time I try to write back someone calls or stops by my desk and asks a question!! (such is the life of an executive assistant huh?)

I am totally counting down till I can test too!! I was really surprised and happy when I read when your cycle started - what an opportunity to compare stories/symptoms etc!!!

To be honest - I have only been ttc-ing from this month, but have been checking o cycles and taking folate for 4 months now, just in preparation.

From the look of your charting, I definitely think your o was on time and around days 11-13, as I said to Cosmic, when it turns watery and clearish then it generally means you are o-ing as your cervix is doing what it is supposed to do to aid conception!

I haven’t had much CM for most of the month this month as BD’d a few days prior to O and I haven’t had my usual CM at all. Hopefully it means what I am wishing it would, but we will see.

In past months I do not recall feeling stabbing pains around o-time, but this month I have had on and off stabbing pains down there. I am hoping it is implantation pains – hopefully that is what you are feeling too!

I don’t think a test will show anything but a BFN for us much before AF’s due date, so it is the waiting game for us.

I doubt you are getting any of this wrong though. You sound like you are pretty much on top of it.

I live in sunny but freezing Canberra!!

Talk to you soon!! Good luck with your studying (what are you studying?)

K

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks K / Sweetangel,

Yes I totally understand the work thing, unfortunately where I sit also would be noticed and it is really hard, that is why I guess on RDO am making the most of it, hence not studying and I am really really naughty!

I am studying a bachelor of commerce, majoring in HR. I am a bit down an out about the study thing, as I have just decided to start this year (should have done this alot earlier), but wanted to give it a years shot and then try for a family. The reason I am over studying, is that I was just not looking after myself and partly blame myself for my miscarriage. At the time of my miscarriage, I was only weeks away from sitting my exam. I got a special consideration to sit it in August. I just want it to be over. I am really over studying at the moment and can't find the motivation to get back into it and what follows is the story of why:

I had gone off the pill earlier this year, due to the fact of being to lazy to go to the doctor over 50km's away in order to get another prescription. We were just being careful. But it appears that we weren't on one occassion. Yes we fell pregnant. I was so not intune with my body, and started to bleed a couple of days after my period was due (which I didn't even realise I was late at the time), but it was just brown discharge. I just thought it was a weird period. Two weeks went by and I finally went to the doctor (as something twigged in my head that this is not normal). She asked if I had been nauseas and I said no, as I said no, I remembered, oh yes I had been (how quickly you can forget). I was just not listening to my body (my work/study - which was hard and stressful/renovating our house and sport had taken over, I had no time left for anything else, ie: ME) Anyway, sure enough I was pregnant with a very strong BFP, but there were dangly pieces of discharge in my urine test that my doctor was concerned about. She sent me for a vaginal scan (as it was only 5 weeks 4 days) that afternoon, and I had lost one already (yes there were twins). There was a sac with no embryo, but one was still left (with a heart beat of 110 bpm - which they said was slow???). But it looked rather bizaa and the scan actually diagnosed me as a threatened miscarriage (or possible Molar pregnancy- a sure sign of this is excessively high HCG levels). I explain the whole ordeal as Excitment and Turmoil. I felt every emotion possible that day. I was told that they would test my HCG levels every couple of days and if it falls in line with a normal pregnancy they would not terminate. As it turned out my HCG levels were really good, but then I went for another scan 2-3 weeks later and there was no heart beat anymore. I was devastated. I went for a suction D&C and the doctor said that he didn't think I had a molar pregnancy but he could confirm this from testing the cystic mass from the D&C. It wasn't thank god, there was a god. After that ordeal and being cleared of a molar pregnancy, it made the ordeal a little easier to move on.

Now having another little baby is top priority for me. Sorry for the big speal, but had to tell it all for you to realise where I am at!

Anyway, enough of all that. Yes it appears that we can only test as soon as we have missed out AF (fingers crossed). The only problem I had with testing my CM, is that I was continually wet all month, and it was really had to see a definite distinctive change! So hopefully what I did see was right, and I am not exagerating to fit in line with what should be my ovulation day ie: mid cycle.

It is so nice to have met someone who is on the same cycle, we can definitely compare notes and I really look forward to it. We will help each other through it. Certainly need guidance, don't you! Its not as easy as falling pregnant, that is for sure.

Anyway I have probably bored you to tears. Have a nice rest of the afternoon, and please send me a line whenever you like.

Six Days to go!!!!!!!!!

Take care my friend.

Sheree
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiersten & Cosmic,

I had no luck this cycle, AF came yesterday. Very dissapointing.

How did you go Kiersten?

and

How is your cycle going Cosmic?

Hope you are both well.

Take care
    Sheree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sheree,

I'm up to day 24. Looks like I might have O'd around day 15 according to temperatures, though the maybebaby etc all showed no sign of it. At 4dpo I had a big temp drop (too early for implantation and too late for fallback, I think..??) but temps went straight back up for another 3 days then 8dpo a big plummet again (this time could have been implantation but still doesn't explain the earlier one), and back up today. So if I did indeed ovulate, it is 9dpo. A couple of times this week I have had a sharp stabbing pain in my right side.. I don't think I've ever had that before. Apart from that, I am feeling slightly crampy for the first time today, but very mildly nauseous as well - could be in my mind so I guess time will tell.

It's certainly a wait and see game for me.. it's been one confusing thing after another! I was 26 days for 2mths then 28 days last month so I will wait the full 28 for AF and then test if temps are still up. I'm tired of wasting money and feeling the disappointment of early negative tests so this time I'm determined to just wait it out.

Sorry to hear you missed out.. but it's only 2 weeks till you can potentially conceive again! So go out and have a drink while you still can!! Stay busy.. from everything I hear, the more you focus on other things, the more likely you are to fall! (and you know that only too well!!) Hope the study is going well.

Cheers,
    C.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS.. We are all over in the Trying to conceive in July thread.. you can catch up with Kiersten's update over there. Yesterday (I think) she was 2 days past AF but still getting a BFN. We've told her to go to the doc for a blood test on Monday if still not AF.

C.