+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babygizaiah View Post
    our ensuite has a very long shower, so I sit Gizaiah at the back of the shower with all his bath books and toys. So once I finish washing then its bubs turn to get scrubbed.
    I want one of those showers... my parents have one at their place, it's cool

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If it's a quick shower (no shaving, no shampooing) then I'll leave him with toys in the lounge or in the jumping frame (not a jolly jumper, quite safe). I'm in and out in like a minute.

If it's a decent shower I take him into the ensuite with me & he just fiddles about in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    baby into the cot...

a toddler i would take with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    abc and toys. i just shut all the door and leave the bathroom door open. sometimes she will stay and watch the telly or play other times she jumps in the shower with me.

or i have one before bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Isn't that what abc kids was for
    agreed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS comes in the shower with me most of the time. We've been doing that since he was about 12 months old. Prior to that I'd sit him in his rocker or his Bumbo on the bathroom floor with some toys/books/etc and talk to him while I was showering.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I try to shower before my husband leaves for work (that's not hard, he leaves at 1pm!). Otherwise, stick her in front of ABC Kids. She usually just pops in and out of the bathroom - there's no way she'd stay in the bathroom with a pile of toys while I shower, she'd be more inclined to unroll the toilet paper, put things into the toilet, open and slam shut the shower door, and eat the contents of the drawers. All that in about 20 seconds before running off to make more mischief somewhere else in the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wait till DF is home, or wait till she has a nap...

Thanks
    Reviews
    It used to be quite a challenge as we had a tiny bathroom ... but we did manage to put the highchair in so he could sit in that during showers - but it left 80cm square spot for us to dry & get dressed. Now, we have a new bigger bathroom and the highchair fits readily. So, most of the time if we're showering when he's home he goes into the highchair with food or books. He's happy.

Otherwise I leave him watching tv or playing - he's usually quite happy doing both first thing in the morning. He will wander in and out (I keep the door open) and doesn't get up to much mischief. He's quite happy to sit on his step in the bathroom and talk to me for most of the shower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The minute my hubby is home - kiss, cuddle, "how was your day....okay... I'm in the shower, heres baby!"

And then I get in the shower and for 20 minutes I can totally zone and forget I'm a mummy.