+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What do you do with your baby/toddler while you're in the shower?

I usually leave Lily in the lounge room with some books and toys, make sure all the windows and doors are locked, and leave the bathroom door open.

But I get so paranoid, I usually end up running out, dripping with water, shampoo in my hair, shaving cream all over my legs, 2 minutes into my shower to check on her!

Only to find her reading quietly to herself on the couch (LOL, she must think I'm crazy!)

What do others do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hes usually in the bath while im in the shower.. then i jump in with him when im done and wash him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I usually try to leave it for when she is in bed but when I have to I sometimes pop her in the shower too or pop her in her high chair in the bathroom with toys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Isn't that what abc kids was for

Thanks
    Reviews
    If my wife or I are home alone with our son, who is 16 months, and we need to have a shower, we'll normally just sit him on the bathroom floor with a bunch of toys. That way we can see him so we know he's ok, and he can see us, so he knows where we are.

Seems to work for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I'm a paranoid mummy because I know I have one very cheeky monkey on my hands who will take any opportunity to get into mischief. Still at nearly 5 years old he's either in the shower with me, with DH or asleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i used to have my little one sitting in the bottom of the shower or bath with me if i needed to have a shower while they were awake or just wait till they were asleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I either wait until Skye has a nap (I put a dvd on for Hayley or she comes into the bathroom with me and we talk) or I wait until Grant comes home so he can watch the kids. I very rarely have showers in the morning.

babygizaiah is offline Gizaiah is definitely our little blessing
    Thanks
    Reviews
    our ensuite has a very long shower, so I sit Gizaiah at the back of the shower with all his bath books and toys. So once I finish washing then its bubs turn to get scrubbed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I popped them in the exersaucer when they were younger, in the swing when they were little bubs (if they weren't asleep). At 3.5 years and 19 1/2 months I just close the doors to the rooms that should have constant supervision (laundry/toilet and our room) and then let them go. Our bathroom is central to the house so I can hear them playing, or they watch ABC kids.
    For a while with DD1 I got up and showered before she woke up. We lived in a different place then and you couldn't hear anything from the bathroom.