+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaB View Post
    Sorry for a very basic question, but could someone outline the main differences between the two methods?

Classes for both are available in Canberra and I was wondering how they differ?

Also how practical/pragmatic the language and 'style' of the methods is?

thanks in advance.
    Not to sure but from what I have heard Calm birthing was adapted from HypnoBirthing (Marie Mongan) by an Aussie, Peter someone. I found the HypnoBirthing stuff had that horrible American whine to them. Not too sure about any other differences.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 3'llhavetodo For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (17-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks 3!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry 'bout the late reply nelly belly. I did the course too but that was because I wanted to be sure dh and I received the same info (reading is open to interpretation). Your birth partner is critical and I'm pleased to say dh was great but my middie was the pro she was definitely on board! I had to use the labour ward and have an induction bur she got me the only cordless monitor so o could move, fixed tbd lighting and brought in essential oils. The small touches really help.

Have to say though, while I was hoping my body would just do its thing, i really needed t
    my middie to instruct me. At one point she asked me f I had an overwhelming urge to push and I didn't (even though I was 10cm!) I also had to be told when I was having a contraction so I knew when to push (I had to actively push to get ds out!!!)

Anyway, I digress, but wanted to bring the importance of birthpartners and faith in you midwife/dr to the forum. I would have and did do everything my middie told me to do because I trusted her 10000%!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops, lots of typos!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps 3'll I had to not let the American voice irritate me or the course would have been a waste of time! Was one of the hardest things to do!!! Hahaha.

And now, it's time to relax...

3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by natfeb View Post
    Ps 3'll I had to not let the American voice irritate me or the course would have been a waste of time! Was one of the hardest things to do!!! Hahaha.

And now, it's time to relax...
    I know I'm usually ok with the USA accent...I'm married to one but the nasality is what gets to me

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hypnobirthing classes

I finished my third class this week. My partner is getting into it more now which is helping.
    We are both really glad we decided to do hypnobirthing because now I am a lot more relaxed about the future. I would recommend these classes. At first I thought it seemed expensive but I have had a lot of time to ask my teacher questions and go over things if I didnt understand them the first time around. You get a relaxation cd and book as part of the course. I like the cd that is part of the course but have now gone and down loaded other relaxation cd's off the internet to add some variety.
    People out there reading this section. If you are scared about birth give hypnobirthing a try, its working well for me. And if you have any questions please feel free to shoot them to me and I will get back to you when I can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

For those interested in hypnobirthing, it really is fantastic. Although I would definitely say you need to do the course as well, rather than just buying the book and trying to teach yourself, which is what i did.

I will be enrolling DH and I into a course next time around.

I had DS2 7 and half weeks ago, and had an all natural birth, after previously having a c/s. My labour was only about 4 and half hours of established labour, and I pushed for only 20mins before he popped out.

I did still feel alot of pain during the contractions, but found them much more manageable than I had in my labour with DS1...although I felt like I didn't always stay on track with the beathing and relaxation, as DH didn't know much about what I was doing. But he was absolutely brillant, like with my first birth.

So, in hindsight I would have booked us both in for the course, and would have had a private midwife or at least the team of midwives, rather than an Ob and my GP.

But even with those hindrances, we still managed to have a drug free, natural birth, despite what the Ob had predicted.

So go Hypnobirthing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Havent got an experience to talk about yet, but I am booked in to Peter Jackson's CalmBirth course in a few weeks with DH. I am very excited and cant wait!!

I will be 36 weeks by the time I do the course and I am high risk for pre term labour so I have been practising meditating / relaxation and breathing so I can get use to it...

I am luck also in that DH has used mediation and breathing for pain management for the last few years after breaking his back in the military. He is coming to the course to get a refresher and to help him understand it more during childbirth as this is our first baby for both of us!

I have also chosen a good friend as well as DH as a birthing partner who is Buddhist and very heavily into meditation and breathing etc... and my midwife is VERY supportive of calm birthing and is looking forward to supporting me through it... So I am hoping through my choices of doing the course, birthing partners and focus I can have a successful natural, calm and drug free birth!

I guess what is important for me mentally right now is not ruling out drugs completely but going in with an open mind. I have put in my birth plan that I do not want anyone offering me pain relief throughout my labour. If I feel I am not coping and cant breathe or mediate through the pain anymore, then I will ask.. I have also asked DH and friend to try to get me through it without the drugs even if I ask (ie: Just one more contraction etc...)

Will see what happens though.. But I am going in CONFIDENT!

Also for those looking for CD's I have a CD called Tranquil Birth from Sydney Wellbeing Centre (www.sydneywellbeing.com) which I got off their website, it is FANTASTIC! it touches on bonding with baby and relaxing / breathing through waves....

I will post my childbirth experience once bubs is out!

Goodluck everyone

X. Karen

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hypnobirthing classes Melbourne

I have done private hypnobirthing classes in melbourne. I was lucky my parents paid for them as a gift to me. At first I was a little ambivilent about the whole process and still not commited to going natural for my birth. Now that I have finished the classes I am commited to go natural (provided nothing goes wrong that I cant avoid). I would recommend the classes if you can afford them. The lady I went to was called Kym www.hypnotics.net.au
    I dont know if she does the classes anywhere other than melbourne thou sorry.