+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashsams View Post
    Hey all, new to this whole pregnancy thing, im in the UK, just wondered what this post is about please? SCARED :S i haven't heard of these classes yet, im 12 weeks preg xxxx
    Oh well firstly Congratulations sweetheart
    and secondly there is a whole world out there called calmbirthing/hypnobirthing and it is basically informing yourself about what your body experiences during childbirth and teaching yourself how to relax, let go to let your body do what is it designed to do.....pls correct me if I mis-spoke.

Google it there might be someone who cn teach you there in the UK or at the very least you can get a book.

My advice is start early and practice til it's second nature.

Very best of luck Tashsams XOXOX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw thanx for the heads up!, i shall do my research on google now, and soon i will have a thread about my experience of Hypnobirthing! lol. I am very interested in this because i suffer with high blood pressure, so maybe this will help me not panic so much about birth, even though its ages away! lol xxxxxxxx

3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashsams View Post
    Aw thanx for the heads up!, i shall do my research on google now, and soon i will have a thread about my experience of Hypnobirthing! lol. I am very interested in this because i suffer with high blood pressure, so maybe this will help me not panic so much about birth, even though its ages away! lol xxxxxxxx
    Awww please write all about your experiences here, I'd love to follow your experiences. XOXO

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hypnobirthing classes

I stubbled across Hypnobirthing when I went to a hypnotherapist about something else. I only have had one class - and so far so good. There are only 2 couples in the class so I feel like I can ask questions and not be missed etc. I will be happy to update as I go. My pregnancy was a complete surprise and as a result I decided to get started on classes asap to give myself plenty of time to prepare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by scrates View Post
    I stubbled across Hypnobirthing when I went to a hypnotherapist about something else. I only have had one class - and so far so good. There are only 2 couples in the class so I feel like I can ask questions and not be missed etc. I will be happy to update as I go. My pregnancy was a complete surprise and as a result I decided to get started on classes asap to give myself plenty of time to prepare.
    Good plan. The more you practice HypnoBirthing the more it becomes like second nature. I'm at the stage where I can totally relax my whole body in one slow out breath. With pactice you'll be able to re-teach your body to react to labour in any way you choose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations new mummies to be!

I totally agree with 3'll - and would like to add that you can do it! I found the history of fear surrounding birth very interesting and helpful. I used the Hypnobirthing book by marie mongan if you google it.

Can't recommend it highly enough! Just focus in what you believe in and what you want for your birth and don't letothet peoples' stories scare you or make you think you can't do it. It's your birthing experience, do it your way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3'llhavetodo View Post
    Good plan. The more you practice HypnoBirthing the more it becomes like second nature. I'm at the stage where I can totally relax my whole body in one slow out breath. With pactice you'll be able to re-teach your body to react to labour in any way you choose.
    Thank you I am really excited about the next class and have been practicing...... whilst I feel like I have more to learn at least the practice is nice and relaxing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by natfeb View Post

I totally agree with 3'll - and would like to add that you can do it! I found the history of fear surrounding birth very interesting and helpful. I used the Hypnobirthing book by marie mongan if you google it.

Can't recommend it highly enough! Just focus in what you believe in and what you want for your birth and don't letothet peoples' stories scare you or make you think you can't do it. It's your birthing experience, do it your way
    Understanding the history of birth fears & processes, as well as how your body works FOR you in labour really helped me relax. Without hypnobirthing & relaxation techniques, my sons birth wouldn't have been as calm & comfortable as it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by natfeb View Post

Thanks, I've just bought that book and have started reading it.. Am finding the history very interesting too. Did you do any classes or use the book only?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Difference between Hypno- and Calm-birthing?

Sorry for a very basic question, but could someone outline the main differences between the two methods?

Classes for both are available in Canberra and I was wondering how they differ?

Also how practical/pragmatic the language and 'style' of the methods is?

thanks in advance.