+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 180
  1. #71
    3'llhavetodo's Avatar
    3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    closer to insanity of late
    Posts
    1,464
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked
    93
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashsams View Post
    Hey all, new to this whole pregnancy thing, im in the UK, just wondered what this post is about please? SCARED :S i haven't heard of these classes yet, im 12 weeks preg xxxx
    Oh well firstly Congratulations sweetheart
    and secondly there is a whole world out there called calmbirthing/hypnobirthing and it is basically informing yourself about what your body experiences during childbirth and teaching yourself how to relax, let go to let your body do what is it designed to do.....pls correct me if I mis-spoke.

    Google it there might be someone who cn teach you there in the UK or at the very least you can get a book.

    My advice is start early and practice til it's second nature.

    Very best of luck Tashsams XOXOX

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Wales, UK
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Aw thanx for the heads up!, i shall do my research on google now, and soon i will have a thread about my experience of Hypnobirthing! lol. I am very interested in this because i suffer with high blood pressure, so maybe this will help me not panic so much about birth, even though its ages away! lol xxxxxxxx

  3. #73
    3'llhavetodo's Avatar
    3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    closer to insanity of late
    Posts
    1,464
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked
    93
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashsams View Post
    Aw thanx for the heads up!, i shall do my research on google now, and soon i will have a thread about my experience of Hypnobirthing! lol. I am very interested in this because i suffer with high blood pressure, so maybe this will help me not panic so much about birth, even though its ages away! lol xxxxxxxx
    Awww please write all about your experiences here, I'd love to follow your experiences. XOXO

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0

    Default Hypnobirthing classes

    I stubbled across Hypnobirthing when I went to a hypnotherapist about something else. I only have had one class - and so far so good. There are only 2 couples in the class so I feel like I can ask questions and not be missed etc. I will be happy to update as I go. My pregnancy was a complete surprise and as a result I decided to get started on classes asap to give myself plenty of time to prepare.

  5. #75
    3'llhavetodo's Avatar
    3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    closer to insanity of late
    Posts
    1,464
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked
    93
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scrates View Post
    I stubbled across Hypnobirthing when I went to a hypnotherapist about something else. I only have had one class - and so far so good. There are only 2 couples in the class so I feel like I can ask questions and not be missed etc. I will be happy to update as I go. My pregnancy was a complete surprise and as a result I decided to get started on classes asap to give myself plenty of time to prepare.
    Good plan. The more you practice HypnoBirthing the more it becomes like second nature. I'm at the stage where I can totally relax my whole body in one slow out breath. With pactice you'll be able to re-teach your body to react to labour in any way you choose.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    1,780
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    23
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations new mummies to be!

    I totally agree with 3'll - and would like to add that you can do it! I found the history of fear surrounding birth very interesting and helpful. I used the Hypnobirthing book by marie mongan if you google it.

    Can't recommend it highly enough! Just focus in what you believe in and what you want for your birth and don't letothet peoples' stories scare you or make you think you can't do it. It's your birthing experience, do it your way

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 3'llhavetodo View Post
    Good plan. The more you practice HypnoBirthing the more it becomes like second nature. I'm at the stage where I can totally relax my whole body in one slow out breath. With pactice you'll be able to re-teach your body to react to labour in any way you choose.
    Thank you I am really excited about the next class and have been practicing...... whilst I feel like I have more to learn at least the practice is nice and relaxing!

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mid North Coast
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by natfeb View Post
    Congratulations new mummies to be!

    I totally agree with 3'll - and would like to add that you can do it! I found the history of fear surrounding birth very interesting and helpful. I used the Hypnobirthing book by marie mongan if you google it.

    Can't recommend it highly enough! Just focus in what you believe in and what you want for your birth and don't letothet peoples' stories scare you or make you think you can't do it. It's your birthing experience, do it your way
    Understanding the history of birth fears & processes, as well as how your body works FOR you in labour really helped me relax. Without hypnobirthing & relaxation techniques, my sons birth wouldn't have been as calm & comfortable as it was.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by natfeb View Post
    Congratulations new mummies to be!

    I totally agree with 3'll - and would like to add that you can do it! I found the history of fear surrounding birth very interesting and helpful. I used the Hypnobirthing book by marie mongan if you google it.

    Can't recommend it highly enough! Just focus in what you believe in and what you want for your birth and don't letothet peoples' stories scare you or make you think you can't do it. It's your birthing experience, do it your way
    Thanks, I've just bought that book and have started reading it.. Am finding the history very interesting too. Did you do any classes or use the book only?

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    397
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked
    19
    Reviews
    0

    Default Difference between Hypno- and Calm-birthing?

    Sorry for a very basic question, but could someone outline the main differences between the two methods?

    Classes for both are available in Canberra and I was wondering how they differ?

    Also how practical/pragmatic the language and 'style' of the methods is?

    thanks in advance.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Hypnobirthing cd's?
    By CleverClogs in forum Birth & Labour Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-10-2012, 09:24
  2. Hypnobirthing course - Melbourne??
    By Buttoneska in forum Natural Birth
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-04-2012, 09:41
  3. Hypnobirthing
    By Moomalicious in forum Natural Birth
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-02-2012, 16:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
The Health Hub & Glowing ExpectationsGlowing Expectations is conveniently located at The Health Hub in Darlinghurst. We offer pre & post natal personal ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›