+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another calmbirth fan here. I went into my son's birth without fear and ur was a beautiful experience. The only thing i would potentially do differently is have a private midwife/doula attending. Our hospital midwife was fantastic but she couldn't stay with me like i needed during my very very fast posterior labour. I needed female calm help to stay with the breath as I dilated so rapidly with a total back labour. Dh was great but I needed a professional! I credit calm birthing with my complication free,quick and beautiful first birth experience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another fan of hypnobirthing here. DH and I did the course in October and our little girl was born on the 1/12. It was a long labour, posterior all the way and quite a challenge. DH was my rock and he was able to keep me calm and down when I needed to be and to be honest I struggled when he wasn't there. We had a doula as well who also did a lot of research on hypnobirthing to assist us with the labour. In the end I ahcieved my goal of a drug free water birth and it was the most profound experience of my life. Hypnobirthing helped me as much more and after the birth as it did during and I can't speak more highly of it. We will certainly be using it for birth number 2!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to linkspurr For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (17-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations linkspur!
    I'm so glad you achieved the birth you desired.
    Hypnobirthing is a wonderful tool and I highly recommend it's principles to any woman.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks linkspur! I love hearing positive stories that reinforce the birth I want Now I should go practice my relaxation and some scripts!!! Congratulations!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default it helped me!

I got the Mongan book and also some other hypnobirthing tracks on a CD, but I'm not sure what they were because a friend lent them to me. I started listening to the tracks almost daily and meditating on the ideas. When I went into labour, I put one of the tracks on repeat while I was in the shower and tub. It was more calming to me than music. And since I was really familiar with it already, I could just sort of drift in and out.

Once I got to the hospital, phrases from the visualizations would pop into my head. I really wanted a calm, peaceful environment in the birth suite. I had a 9 hours, completely drug free labour! I'm not sure how great a role hypnobirthing played in the big picture, but I am glad that I had it to use as a tool.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another fan! I just read Marie Mongan's book and listened to the CD (only half of it actually and only once!) I have 3 step kids and run a business and so I just didn't have time!

I had a drug free 14.5 hour labour and gave birth to Ben - 8 pound 7. I'm small and so everyone was suprised that I had such a big bub - 54cm long!

I also went through labour with all my supplies in the car and a house full of guests on Christmas Day arriving at the hospital fully dialated!

The main thing I would suggest it that you were born to birth your baby!!!!!!!!

Focus and trust your body!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Ants! And thanks for the advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I should update now that I've had my beautiful boy he's 5 weeks tomorrow.

We had an induced labour. The induction started at 7 am on the 25/2 and ds was born at 5am on the 26/2. Contractions were noticable at about 9 pm on the 25 th but they weren't painful. I had to keep being convinced by my midwife that I was having productive contractions!

Hypnobirthing helped like you wouldn't believe. Ds realty didn't want to come out and we needed the vacuum to help. Also as this turned into a medically intervened labour I was constantly monitored, so no shower/ bath for relaxation. But I was very focussed, relaxed and was able to actively push for 4 or more hours. I didn't need any pain relief and dh said I scoffed at the ob when he came in and offerred me gas while he went in and turned ds manually. I honestly didn't see the need for pain relief as I wasn't in a fearful state nor in pain.

I highly recommend Hypnobirthing. My labour was nothing like I had planned but I was able to accept that calmly and still get a vb (with the hard work and focus!)

my birthing experience was wonderful and now I have a beautiful son for my efforts. Couldn't be happier

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Basil For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (17-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow NatFeb thats so reassuring to read! I am starting with our doula on wednesday and planning on trying hypnobirthing. I am glad that it really does help and loking forward to learning more about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is really encouraging to hear. Thank you for sharing NatFab.