+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave birth 6mths ago after doing calmbirthing and it was the best decision we could've made. the birth was so calm (i didn't make a sound!!) and we just had my meditation music playing with my partner and midwife keeping quiet and calm too. It definitely helped, especially the breathing. Just keep deep breathing when the surges come and remember to let go and trust your body. It was a mind blowing experience and I still get chills thinking about it.... good luck, stay calm and enjoy the ride!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did calm birthing classes leading up to our first baby. It really helped me on the lead up to the birth cause I wasnt worried or stressed at all.

I found that it didn't really help the pain, the contractions I had still hurt. But it helped me to relax during the contractions, and instead of fighting it and getting all tense and yelling, i relaxed my body which meant that my arms and legs and throat didn't didn't ache, and i had more energy for the end of the labour.

My cousin also did calm birthing, and she found it very beneficial.

Im now pregnant with my second baby I am definately going to try and use some the tools to cope during this labour.

Try not and read too many labour horror stories, they can really have a negative effect of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for the stories ladies!
    We are also going to use Calm birthing for the birth of our bub in a week and a bit (depending on when she wants to arrive!). I have started a chat thread here....

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...63#post3882563

in the birth pain management section for those people who are also practicing calmbirth or who have used it before!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I used hypnobirthing for my first birth, and calmbirthing + NLP techniques in preparation for my second birth. The latter was a textbook, one hour, pain-free experience and now I'm launching a business to help other women achieve the same.

I think that calmbirth is fantastic (I've even done the training to be a registered practitioner) but NLP can take you to a whole other level of empowerment.

And all the best of luck with your own births
    Last edited by earthfairy; 10-09-2009 at 13:01. Reason: removal of link

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well- I'm pleased to say that my birth was extremely quick and easy and drugfree and I think it had alot to do with the hypnobirthing!!!

I started contractions at 5am- went to the hospital at 10am and had my baby girl at 12.52pm.

I was 4 cm's dilated the day before I gave birth, but was not in labour- I credit this to the visulisations of getting my cervic to open which I was doing every day for the last week.
    If anyone has any questions feel free to ask

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is also *incredibly* important that you want to be very clear about what people say to you, have a good birth plan and an assertive labour partner. I am absolutely sure that because I was lying quietly on my side in bed, nobody really thought I was in labour, hence the midwife's comment. When you are working this hard to keep on top of what is happening, you don't need anybody throwing you off.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Although I did the Calmbirth course and found it fantastic, I was persuaded to have my waters broken which I believe led to poor positioning and an epidural. I didnt want the ARM but was talked into because I didn't write the birth plan or discuss is expicitly with my DH.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did a couples HB class, just me and my DP and it was fantatsic. I was terrified of birth after the stories that my "friends" had told me. Even after my first HB class I felt more relaxed and more in control. It made such a difference to me in my last three months, I began to enjoy my pregnancy and look forward to the birth. I think it gave me the confidence to trust myself and to know I could do it. I had a 4hr 45 min labour with no pain relief, no tearing, nothing. There were absolutely points at which I thought it was very intense but managable. My quick story is, my waters broke in bed at midnight, I had a shower and by the time I was drying my hair I could feel the tightenings. I lay down on bed and my DP read the relaxation text from the CD to me. By 03.30 I was ready to go to hospital, the midwife couldn't believe it when she checked me and said I was fully dilated, I was in hospital for 19mins and my baby was born! The midwife told me I could come back anytime to have a baby as I was such an easy delivery, when I said it was down to HB she just looked very puzzled I can't recommend it enough. I agree with some of the comments though about the American style and the static labour, I didn't lie still for birth, I was much more confortable on all fours but I think you just have to take the principles and apply it to suits yourself, do the bits that make sense to you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to scotslass For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (17-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I also done hypnobirthing I wish I took it more serious, cuz wen my MIL told me about I just thought (ok woteva sounds like a silly hippy money making thing) but I myself with just the little practice I had, have 2 say it made not scared to give birth, it was kinda a nice calm trance feeling (kinda hard 2 explain), I started contractions at 7pm but they weren't noticeable it kinda just felt like baby movements, then around 10.30 - 11pm I started getting a bit of back pain (but I do have a bad back) and when I thought of goin 2 the hospital which my husband thought he should get ready 4 work in case he didn't get time, so we got to the hospital around 12 - 12.30ish it was kinda bad cuz I was really craving kfc at that time, then my water broke now that was the 1 part I didn't like it felt just like a big bubble burst didn't hurt just weird, then my baby girl was born. My teacher and midwife made it work great 4 me my teacher had taught me movements to do b4 hand to help to get in the right place, and to do different positions while in labour, and I didn't go in thinking there won't b no pain at all, just not as bad which is how it was. But again I found hypnobirthing great shall b doin it again 4 the next bubby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - just wanted to add something so I can subscribe to this thread - love to read it when I have more time, as I studied hypnobirthing when pregnant with my second son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my last hypnobirthing class on Monday and so far it's been fantastic. I really need to practice more though!

My instructor is fantastic. A lot of the videos in class show women lying down, not moving however we were told this would have been what they prefer - move, moan, yell, stay quiet - whatever you feel is right is what you go with

I'm looking forward to using the hypnobirthing techniques but wont be able to let you know how it goes for a few more months yet!!! I should really go practice now...

Oh and for those who are interested - www.empoweredbirth.com.au