+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've finally (very belatedly) posted in the birth stories section. We did a calmbirth course about halfway through the pregnancy and I think it helped hugely - and there is some reference to the breathing etc in my account but it was more the knowledge and understanding of the hormonal and physical processes that had the most impact for me. I think that knowledge and understanding of what was happening and how to best assist it played a big part in the intervention free delivery that we had, and also in getting me into a mental state where I didn't even really think about drugs (it would have been too late by the time we got to hospital anyway!).

Good luck all and I'd encourage anyone who's thinking about doing the course to take the plunge and do so. Some instructors have flexible payment arrangements if money is an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breathe easy

I went to Birthsense in Annadale, it is really deep relaxation and was great. I got personalised relaxation CDs at about 25 and 32 weeks that I listened to every day and that really helped to chill me out. She also gave me some breathing techniques that I found invaluable for stage 1 labour. In none of the RPA classes did they teach any breathing, which is ridiculous! After stage 1, breathing ain't gonna help anyone and it's just pure primeval pushing and grunting. I also chose to have some pethadine once I was at hospital - hey, you wouldn't get your teeth pulled out at the dentist without drugs, would you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Thx for sharing your stories.

Have been on the waiting list for the Hypno Birthing book from my library for a while now....with only 9weeks to go I hope they call me soon! In the meantime am trying to find something on ebay or to download online, ie. a CD or something from itunes etc. I've found some but they are in an American voice which I find quite offputting.

Can anyone kindly suggest a hypnobirthing cd in Australian voice please?

Thx!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Calmbirth CDs are spoken by the midwife who set up Calmbirth in Aus, Peter Jackson, so the accent is Australian. I found his voice didn't work for me as well as a female voice would have - I would have loved to have them recorded by our (female) instructor - but that's just me. Not sure if you can buy them or whether they only come as part of the course, and it's not exactly hypnobirthing (similar principles though, and the relaxations are full of suggestions that I guess are working on HB principles). But might be worth enquiring? The link to the online shop on www.calmbirth.com.au isn't working for me at the moment, maybe they are usually available through there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,

Not an Aussie accent, but if you are open to a female British accent, Id recommend "Natal Hypnotherapy".

www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk

They try and get you to buy the whole course, which is quite expensive, but you can find an option on there to just buy the CD for "Effective birth Preparation" (aimed at a hops or birth centre birth). You can listen to a sample on the website.

I personally prefer it to the Calmbirth CDs as it is more directed and specific, but others may prefer the opposite approach.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha snap, anemone!

I have the same CDs, although I got them from the Australian distributor at www.soulbirth.com or http://www.birthrites.org/hypnotherapy.html. As I'm not at 32 weeks yet, I have only used the relaxation one so far, but I find it good and I find the female British voice works fine for me. As PP said, as you are so far along, you really only need to get the Effective Birth Preparation CD, which I think is about $25 Aussie.

Hope your birth goes well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls, i was just doing some googling and came across this awesome website that has a heap of really positive calmbirth stories...well worth a read for those who are interested.

http://www.julieclarke.com.au/pages/birth-stories.php

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

Bandit  (02-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default calmbirth course coming up in May in the blue mountains - book now!

If there are any pregnant ladies interested in calmbirth preparation for your babies birth here is your opportunity to book now!! .... we are planning to run a calmbirth course over the weekend of the 28th & 29th of may in the blue mountains ♥ If they let me know if they wanted to attend and ill save a spot! Bookings will be open until the 23rd of May but the sooner they express interest the better as these classes tend to fill up If they book before the 6th of may there is a $50 discount ♥ Much love Xo Jacquie
    E-mail: jacquie@holisticfamilysupport.com.au

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, can someone please explain to me the difference between calmbirthing and hypnobirthing? I live in Perth and there are no calmbirth practitioners, but a few hypnobirth ones. I am trying to decide whether it's worth flying to Melbourne or Adelaide to attend a calmbirth course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Newbie

I'm not to sure what the difference is but I am doing Hypnobirthing with Emma from Blissful birth. I am half way through the course and it is fantastic. The only thing is that she is up in Butler...It's great for me as I live North. I don't think you should have to fly east to do a course.
    Good luck