+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sassandspice View Post
    I've just completed my 3rd hypnobirthing class and loving it as well. My DH is getting a lot out of it as well.

Since I only started when I was 30 weeks I think it's too late for me to find a Doula...is this something you guys recommend since I'm going through a private hospital?
    definately try, we were lucky that the one we wanted was available and we booked quite late.

I think there is a section on here for finding a Doula.

The hospital where I went has a 90% epi rate, they are not used to seeing natural births. One of my midwifes said to my Doula "what is she doing here if she wants all this natural birth she should be at a birthing centre".

Having said that I have a friend who birthed at the same hospital and her midwifes were encouraging her not to give in to her ob and have an epi so I think it jus depends on the luck of the draw when you go in.

My husband and I are convinced that the birth would not have been the same without our Doula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Girls,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with recommendations for calmbirth/hypnobirth courses in Melbourne? I have been doing some research and have contacted a few but i would love some feedback. My OB is supportive of Hypnobirth and recommends Noble birth however i just wanted to compare them to other places before i book.

Thanks heaps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissy Loo View Post
    Hi Girls,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with recommendations for calmbirth/hypnobirth courses in Melbourne? I have been doing some research and have contacted a few but i would love some feedback. My OB is supportive of Hypnobirth and recommends Noble birth however i just wanted to compare them to other places before i book.

Thanks heaps

Hi Lissy Loo, I went to a lady called Kym in melbourne she is a hypnotherapist who does hypnobirthing. www.hypnotics.net.au
    I really enjoyed her classes. I have put a couple of other posts on here and you are welcome to contact me if you have any other questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just posted my hypnobirthing birth story in the main birth story section if anyone was interested in having a read. It's very detailed and quite long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have also put my story in the main section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lissy Loo who did you end up going through? Your question is exactly what I want answered. Interestingly my first choice at the moment is Noble birth- and that was before I read this.

Anyone else with recomendations in Melb?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by natfeb View Post
    Not sure of Sydney courses-google??? You could just buy the book and do it yourself. The course is great if you have feat and need one on one but if you don't need that thr book comes with the relaxation CDs and techniques. It's Hypnobirthing by Marie monagan. ( hope u spelled it correctly!!)
    Thanks for your info, where did you buy the book and cd?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeLee View Post
    I did the hypnobirthing class in Perth. We also ended up hiring the lady who ran it as our Doula. BEST decision we ever made!
    Hey i also in perth, can you please let me know the classes and how much it cost, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ecstatic View Post
    Hey i also in perth, can you please let me know the classes and how much it cost, thanks

I don't recall how much it cost, and it depends on how many people attend the session with you. We chose to do it with another couple who we are friends with.

Her name is Emma Stewart, google Blissful Birth and you should find her.

Grinnyswife is offline Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ecstatic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeLee View Post
    I don't recall how much it cost, and it depends on how many people attend the session with you. We chose to do it with another couple who we are friends with.

Her name is Emma Stewart, google Blissful Birth and you should find her.
    We are currently doing classes with Emma, she is gorgeous & we loving it, we have only done the intro course! and took away so much.. and dh has got right into it!
    Our first proper class is tomorrow night, cant wait!!!!