+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did the hypnobirthing class in Perth. We also ended up hiring the lady who ran it as our Doula. BEST decision we ever made!

I had two midwifes and one was so not supportive. I managed to blank her out most of the time and thankfully the younger one who was more open to what we were doing seemed to be the one monitoring me.

I had four hours of active labour and I'm pretty sure bub came out with one "push". I had a completely natural birth and my hubby and I ended up delivering our little girl. The midwifes had left the room when she poped out!

My only real recolection of pain was having internal exams. I only let them do two. I think I'd refuse all together next time.

Hypnobirthing had me in the right place for when I gave birth, I wasn't afraid or nervous at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Dee. I am in Perth - do you have a link for the class you did? I was tossing up between that or Gabrielle Targett's class. Haven't found many around here.
    Much appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.blissfulbirth.com.au/

I found it invaluable. It also converted my hubby from a "why don't you have a c-section and all the drugs" to being very supportive of doing it naturally. It was even him who suggested we hire her as our Doula!

We did the course with friends of ours and they also took a lot out of it. She also ended up having a completely natural birth.

Thanks
    Reviews

Emma is fantastic and thats who I'm currently seeing. I couldnt recommend her enough, she is my Doula also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=DeeLee;5054792]

My only real recolection of pain was having internal exams. I only let them do two. I think I'd refuse all together next time.

QUOTE]

What are the internal exams for? And why do they do them if they can be refused? I'm just unsure of what i can and can't say no to during birth. I was under the assumption that internals were a neccesity? If I don't need it done, I don't want it done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=virgomum;5058643]
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeLee View Post

QUOTE]

What are the internal exams for? And why do they do them if they can be refused? I'm just unsure of what i can and can't say no to during birth. I was under the assumption that internals were a neccesity? If I don't need it done, I don't want it done!
    They are too see how dilated you are. Emma goes through all the options that you have.

After the birth I was talking to a friend who is a midwife and was interested in the hypnobirthing etc and she said she hasn't done an internal in years - she believes they really aren't necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummalisciousto3 View Post

Emma is fantastic and thats who I'm currently seeing. I couldnt recommend her enough, she is my Doula also.
    Fantastic, I can't recommend her enough. When we have our second we will be contacting her again. She made SUCH a difference to the birth. In fact if she had not of been there it may have been quite different. She gave me the confidence to stand up for what I wanted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by geogg View Post
    I have done private hypnobirthing classes in melbourne. I was lucky my parents paid for them as a gift to me. At first I was a little ambivilent about the whole process and still not commited to going natural for my birth. Now that I have finished the classes I am commited to go natural (provided nothing goes wrong that I cant avoid). I would recommend the classes if you can afford them. The lady I went to was called Kym www.hypnotics.net.au
    I dont know if she does the classes anywhere other than melbourne thou sorry.
    After reading this forum and looking at each link I found on here - I have just registered for september classes with this lady at www.hypnotics.net.au I will feedback how I go and if I think it is worthwhile. This will be my second birth and I want to go natural this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a book on hypnobirth and it came with a cd, does anyone recommend I do the classes as well or will the book and cd be sufficient?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just completed my 3rd hypnobirthing class and loving it as well. My DH is getting a lot out of it as well.

Since I only started when I was 30 weeks I think it's too late for me to find a Doula...is this something you guys recommend since I'm going through a private hospital?