+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Talking Any HypnoBirthing/Calmbirthing stories???

I just did my first HypnoBirthing Class and I was just wondering if anyone has any HypnoBirthing stories-good or bad to share.
    There is not much infoout there on this subject as it is fairly new and not really heard of. I love the concept.
    Any points of view are appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't done it myself, but if you look in the birth stories forum on here you'll see a few with Hypno- or Calm-birth in the title to read.

I did read one that seemed a bit odd though... it was supposed to be a hypnobirthing story, but most of how it read was all about feeling afraid, panicky, out of control etc so I'm not certain whether it just didn't work for them, or whether they didn't use the techniques in labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been practising it since about 20 weeks pregnant. Haven't used it yet- hopefully in 10 or so weeks time, but I find that it is great when I start to get over it or frustrated as I am getting bigger- I go and listen to my cd and breathe properly and it makes me relax and feel so much better.

Good luck!!

3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MelandBen View Post
    I have been practising it since about 20 weeks pregnant. Haven't used it yet- hopefully in 10 or so weeks time, but I find that it is great when I start to get over it or frustrated as I am getting bigger- I go and listen to my cd and breathe properly and it makes me relax and feel so much better.

Good luck!!

Same to you MelandBen, Look forward to hearing any news, keep us posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully I'll be able to give you more details in the next couple of weeks

But for now, I am excited and really looking forward to this birth - even after the traumatic events of my first birth. I know that when I do go into labour, all I have to do is relax and that's all I'm focussed on right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oooooh i look forward to hearing your birth stories girls!!! everything goes according to plan

I am also interested in reading about others experiences of calm birthing although trying to do a search for calm birth in the birth stories is almost impossible... If anyone finds related birth stories could you possibly post the links in this thread?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you use the advanced search you can filter the search by forum, i.e. you can search only the "birth stories" forum for the words "hypnobirth" or "calmbirth".

The advanced search is found by clicking on the arrow next to the search button on the blue navigation bar.

A quick search showed 4 x hypnobirth and 2 x calmbirth birth stories.
    Last edited by NonnyMouse; 16-04-2009 at 20:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for that ANM... i hadnt actually thought about using calmbirth as one word... i had typed it in as two words and found every uses the word calm in their stories

and i admit i hadnt searched hypnobirth even tho i have only actually read hypno birth books so far..lol i will have a look tho and if any one notices any that havent used the one word terms im still interested in any extra links

Thanks
    Reviews
    another question and sorry to kinda hijack ur post, what books are you reading?

i picked up a second hand copy of 'hypnobirthing: a celebration of life' by Marie Mangan the other day but it is all i have seen on the topic so far... i guess i'll need to order something in

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.alabouroflove.com.au/birthstories.htm

This is the website details of the lady who did all my classes etc for hypnobirthing- also has some birth stories on there.