+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone have any recommendations for a movie for my 5 year old DD these holidays?

Has anyone seen a movie lately that they would recommend for my 5 year old DD?

I would really like to take her over the school holidays, but doesn't look to be too many "younger" children movies on? DD seemed a bit scared of the Monsters vs Aliens preview, so don't think that would go down too well! She is a little on the tentative side, scares easily.

What's the Pink Panther about? More of a detective sort of thing or entertaining? Could that be something for littlies, or more of an older kids movie? I don't really know too much about it at all! (she admits, embarrassingly!)

Thanks for any advice!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 5yr old DD too and it is a bit disappointing that there are no movies out except Monster V Alien these holidays. We are going to see it tomorrow, will see how it goes. There will probably be others released in the next school holidays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and yes you are right, Pink Panther is for older kids/adults. Sorry, not much help am I. The new release DVD of Tinkerbelle is quite good though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks PetLover. Yeah there's not much to choose from these holidays hey. Ice Age 2 is coming early July, so that will be something I will take DD to in the next holidays, but its not looking too promising for these school holidays!

Never mind, that Tinkerbell DVD sounds good, DD loves Tinkerbell, we might snuggle up on the couch with some popcorn and that can be our "movies". Now that I think of it, it almost sounds better than going to the movies (and cheaper too!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    We saw 'monsters v aliens' the other day. My DS is 3 and he is very sensitive and easily scared so I was a bit unsure about taking him, but he loved it. He's been talking about it heaps. We all enjoyed it. Funny for all ages.