+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default When did you first "see" baby kick?

I'm 20 weeks and have started to feel the baby kicking late at night; if I lift my top up I am also able to see the movement (it looks as though my skin is being pushed outwards slightly, although this happends very quickly, so easy to miss). My hubby has also seen it, and likens it to an alien poking me from inside

When I told my friends this, they were in a state of shock, and all said that they didn't "see" it until week 27 to 30. My midwife also looked suprised. I'm starting to get the feeling that they think i'm getting it mixed up with something else

So my question is, when did everyone start seeing the little kicks come through the skin?

TonkaTruck is offline "Babies don't come with an instruction manual". "No KIDDING?! I want a refund!". *sigh*
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hrm, I think I started seeing it at about 23 weeks-ish. But I think the only reason that I noticed it was that I have a bit of belly fat and it seemed to roll around like a lava lamp if I was sitting the right way hahaha.

Guest Guest
    Oh yeah, it happened around then for me too, my husband just saw it (only cause he isn't patient) And I see it everyday, it's so amusing, like a twitching....
    Why do they think it's wierd? My ob told me we'd see it.
    No one can actually feel it yet, like putting your hand on my tummy. I'm still waiting for that but I think that happens after 30 weeks when the babies bigger and stronger and there's less room???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was 20 weeks when I saw movement with DD, very freaky but one of my favourite things about being pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw the baby kick at about 22 weeks.... hubby saw it at the end of last week when I had an opportunity to get him to have a look. Ive noticed it most when laying on my back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I saw it pretty early on around the 20 something mark- doesn't happen often (maybe cause I have a bit of extra padding around my tummy)

I see it more and more now which is better than watching tv I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With my first I saw her kicking by 17 weeks (felt kicks by 16 weeks)

With this baby I saw her kicking by 18 weeks (felt kicks by 15 weeks)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBabyLeo View Post
    No one can actually feel it yet, like putting your hand on my tummy. I'm still waiting for that but I think that happens after 30 weeks when the babies bigger and stronger and there's less room???
    I can feel it with my hand too, and so can hubby. It feels strange on the hand, like a huge muscle twitch but on the outside (I was much better at explaining things prior to baby brain ). This only happens when I'm lying down though, never if i'm standing up. And only late at night for some reason...

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beetlemama View Post
    I can feel it with my hand too, and so can hubby. It feels strange on the hand, like a huge muscle twitch but on the outside (I was much better at explaining things prior to baby brain ). This only happens when I'm lying down though, never if i'm standing up. And only late at night for some reason...
    Yeah that's what dh is waiting for, you know that tapping you feel? (I guess I can't explain what I mean) I can feel it, but it can't be felt with a hand yet. I remember my nephew used to do it towards the end. And with my sister you could actually see the babies foot or elbow sticking out of her rather than a twicthing and I could feel it with my hand and see him swish across her tummy (that was towards the end too). That's gonna be cool , lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I first saw the bubba kick at around the early twenty-something weeks.

It was like a little muscle spasm and happened really quicky.

I'm now almost 32 weeks and of a night time I can spend hours just watching my stomach waiting for the movement, mind you now its more like a scene from alien...you cant miss it.

I love it...it's great entertainment.

As for your friends and midwife...every pregnancy is different and I think it was just luck when I first saw mine, I was just looking at the right time. Also I find that OB's and midwives tend to tell us to expect things on the later side, so if we dont see or feel something we dont end up being panicked. IYKWIM.

Kema