+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't seen the UK version and am disappointed in Masterchef, but I have caught it on the odd occasion (esp that week when CH10 repeated episodes in the afternoon, wish they would still do that).

Yes its a bit idol and SYTYCD and there seems to be lots of filler and repeating footage and trying to drag out the tension to the extreme and some of the contestants commentary is a bit much (yes Aaron can be a bit overdramatic) and I don't like some of the elimination stuff - what I DO like is seeing the people cook and how they respond in the challenges.

Not sure yet who my fave is or who I think will win, but it has its interesting moments.

A Party of Five is offline Winner 2008 � Most Boring Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I reckon the judges should do the eliminating because other contestants will see the really good cooks as a threat and could possibly form alliances to vote them off.

Besides if the judges want the best masterchef to win the competition then I dont understand why the contestants get to decide.

From what Ive heard and this has happened in other versions of masterchef, the judges at some point will get to eliminate someone if they fail to deliver. Which sometimes happens in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by 2girls&1boy View Post
    I
    I find the whole contestants eliminating each other a bit pathetic. It really means that be careful if you ever win the invention cook off and become a captain and then your team loses as they seem to then blame the captain. No real incentive to win a challenge really
    Pete certainly showed himself to be a very secure chef and a brilliant person Julia is very privileged to be mentored by him and I have no doubt that she will be like a sponge soaking up all he has to offer her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What an amazing opportunity for Julia!!!

Her dish looked delicious, and Pete was completely graciuos and to mentor her and have her in his kitchens for the next few months... wow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Here is a bit of gossip spotted in the Press Club yesterday, looking lost and supposedly cooking behind the counter was phtographer/chef BRENT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bep View Post
    LOVE it, was hooked on the UK version when it was on Channel 7 last year around 3pm.

Cannot wait for it to start!

Me too, i loved the UK version

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MochaMumma View Post
    Here is a bit of gossip spotted in the Press Club yesterday, looking lost and supposedly cooking behind the counter was phtographer/chef BRENT
    Haha, too funny. Truth be told though, George cracks me up

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's gotta be juicy and flavoursome, you gotta taste the different textures, yeah?

Lucky Julia!

Thanks
    Reviews
    George is an idiot.

He told Lucas squid should be scored on the outside. O_o

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
    George is an idiot.

He told Lucas squid should be scored on the outside. O_o
    I am not too sure about this. When the judges last night were showing the team how to clean a squid and score it, George and Gary advise Sam to score the squid on the outside for preparation?

Lucas raises the point that he has always thought that you are required to score the squid on the inside.

George did not look confident and I have to admit that I always thought it to be the inside also.

I did a search on the net and they all say squid should be scored on the inside...

Doesn't really instil too much confidence does it when both George and Gary get something so fundamentally simple wrong.

Mmmmmm...

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MochaMumma View Post
    I am not too sure about this. When the judges last night were showing the team how to clean a squid and score it, George and Gary advise Sam to score the squid on the outside for preparation?

Lucas raises the point that he has always thought that you are required to score the squid on the inside.

George did not look confident and I have to admit that I always thought it to be the inside also.

I did a search on the net and they all say squid should be scored on the inside...

Doesn't really instil too much confidence does it when both George and Gary get something so fundamentally simple wrong.

Mmmmmm...
    I agree but I have never seen them (particularly George) as top notch chefs. The food they cook in Master class is always more pub cooking than restaurant style in my opinion and yes...I can't believe I'm saying it because he is such a reality TV typecast, but Matt Preston is the most credible judge in my opinion.