ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't Poh say after she was booted for the second time that cooking wasn't for her and that she just wanted to focus on her art, but then when they asked her back she was suddenly all keen for cooking again?? I'm glad Julie won. She hasn't been booted. Poh should've followed the recipe silly girl.

I giggled my butt off when they showed Chris and his angry face

Julies husband is a fricken giant!!!! As soon as they said she'd won, I cried. Then it was like Niagra Falls when her boys walked in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I laughed when Julie was hugging her husband and said 'oh my gosh you are so tall' (or something like that) as if she had forgotten he was gigantic
    Chris and his angry face was also very amusing....i noticed he was next to Julia the whole time... and also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes That was pretty funny. DH said that he probably only looks so tall because Julie is so short Her boys looked taller than her as well so maybe DH is right

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was very happy that Julie won and I did get teary when her family came in.

Poh seemed quite gracious in defeat, which of course could not be said for sourpuss Chris!!

I was surprised that Julie beat Poh in each of the 3 challenges, and yes Poh was silly for taking risks and not following the recipe for the last challenge.

I think Julie's food is simple and I think of her more as a cook than a chef, so it will interesting to see how things go for her. In the end she deserved her win, as she was never eliminated, I suspect she was also another judges' favourite, as to how she survived the last week with undercooked fish and that pie puddle is beyond me!!

As I've mentioned before, I think all the tastings should be blind, so the judges aren't biased.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think Poh is jumping for joy anyway having that amazing offer from Curtis in LA .

I think you are right Zenifa in that Julie is more a cook but hey look where it got Margaret Fulton .

I think the final testing should have been blind too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2girls&1boy View Post
    I think Poh is jumping for joy anyway having that amazing offer from Curtis in LA .

I think you are right Zenifa in that Julie is more a cook but hey look where it got Margaret Fulton .

I think the final testing should have been blind too.
    I agree, a Cook is nothing to sneeze at, look at Maggie Beer and Margaret Fulton, both legends!!
    I think I will check out Julie's cookbook when it comes out, at least the type of food she makes doesn't intimidate me and I think I can easily replicate it.
    Wonder what restaurants Julie will be getting work experience in? Does anybody know?

Would still like to try Justine's bistro when she opens it!

Are any of the masterchef addicts going to watch the new show in its place the 7pm project?? I dislike Dave Hughes immensely so I doubt I will be tuning in.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'll give it a shot, but probably not. Dave Hughes irritates me too, though Carrie Bickmore is quite good. So I'll see it tonight, just for Julie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is Dave Hughes' voice put on for the cameras or is that his usual voice??? It really irks me.

I am going to watch it but to be honest it would want to be good or they will be boot it pretty quick. Like 9 did with their new show at 5:00pm (it lasted a week).

Bron is offline Accentuate the positive
    WINNER 2006 Most Politically Correct Member
    Winner 2007 & 2008 Funniest member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I reckon Julie won because her dishes last night showed how much she had learned during the course of the competition, whereas Poh was doing stuff that she has always done.

I thought it was quite telling that at the end of each challenge it was Julie who went straight up to Poh and gave her a hug. I think Poh was trying to be all competitive, but Julie was being quite genuinely sweet about it.

I still reckon that going on skill alone the final should have been Justine v Chris, but it worked out quite nicely in the end anyway.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree Bron, well said!

2girls1boy, it's his real voice - my aunt dated him for a few weeks and left because it irked her so!