+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I too watched the UK version, so was really looking forward to the Aussie one.

I was a bit disappointed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i've only seen bits of master chef UK... i never saw the begining of a show, I would only see when the judges were taste testing. I wasn't that keen. Maybe if i saw the whole series i might feel different.

I actually don't mind the aussie version. Well i've been roped into it... although the over dramatisation of bits annoys me, generally i enjoy it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's not too bad.

Has anyone seen the 1st episode of Australian Next Top Model season 5? Boring.

I'd rather watch the Oz's Master Chef anytime!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Meh.. it kinda annoys me that is has to have an "australian idol" theme to it to lure australian audiences to a show that is ultimately meant to be about food, does everything have to be reality tv now days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like it (but Top Chef is still my favourite).
    I like the big guy judge (forgot his name?), but George Colombaris (sp) keeps saying "yeah" after every sentence and it drives me crazy! (Jamie Oliver does it too).

Mod-Nomsie is online now Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Never saw the UK one, so I don't mind the Aussie one lol

And yes, George Colombaris, yeah- he just won't stop saying that ruddy word, yeah?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath82 View Post
    I like it (but Top Chef is still my favourite).
    I like the big guy judge (forgot his name?), but George Colombaris (sp) keeps saying "yeah" after every sentence and it drives me crazy! (Jamie Oliver does it too).
    The Yeah thing is very UK. Believe me it is so easy to fall into saying it. I lived in the UK for about 4 years and was always saying it, and yes it is annoying. I even catch myself saying it still sometimes

I don't mind the show but agree the whole thing is a bit "cooking idol". And all the recapping I cannot stand (they did it all the time on BL and it wasted half the show )

Silver_Lining is offline Our miracle Princess due in March <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am really enjoying it, although it is fairly dramatic!

Can I ask, what is the difference between the Aussie and UK versions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The UK Version it's not like an "Audition" like the Aust version. The UK Version you walk in, get a handful of ingredients, you have an hour to cook the dish using these ingredients ONLY and then they judge on the dish you prepare. 6 people start each round, 3 are chosen, then they go through and work a shift at a resturant kitchen, then they come back and cook a 2 (or 3 cant remember) course meal of their choice and then 1 is declared the winner and heads to the semi finals. There is 4 of these in the week, with the 5th day for the semi finalists. Then one winner from that week goes onto the finals.
    6 weeks in total of this comp and then the winner of each week compete against each other in resturant comps, catering comps, dinner parties for top chefs all over the world and food critics.

Much better IMO.

Silver_Lining is offline Our miracle Princess due in March <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bep View Post
    The UK Version it's not like an "Audition" like the Aust version. The UK Version you walk in, get a handful of ingredients, you have an hour to cook the dish using these ingredients ONLY and then they judge on the dish you prepare. 6 people start each round, 3 are chosen, then they go through and work a shift at a resturant kitchen, then they come back and cook a 2 (or 3 cant remember) course meal of their choice and then 1 is declared the winner and heads to the semi finals. There is 4 of these in the week, with the 5th day for the semi finalists. Then one winner from that week goes onto the finals.
    6 weeks in total of this comp and then the winner of each week compete against each other in resturant comps, catering comps, dinner parties for top chefs all over the world and food critics.

Much better IMO.
    Oh yeah that sounds heaps better!!!!!!!!!!
    I can definitely see why you compare ours to Aus Idol auditions now! What a shame they changed it!