+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to say this, but I was drinking between 2-4 double espressos (served as a large flat white) each day. When I found out I was pregnant, I decided to go to one a day
    pretty soon I could not stand the smell of the stuff and have totalled a coffee per month AT THE MOST since 3 months lol...
    I was worried about being able to wean myself off my addiction...but it sort of just happened.

Not sure about the nailpolish and remover...you could look for ones free of acetone and toluene etc....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The amount of caffeine you drink is within the safe bounds for pregnancy, so I wouldn't bother giving it up just yet. Perhaps TTC for a few cycles and if you feel it's taking longer than it should, then try and cut out the things that can affect your fertility. It's actually your partner who should be giving up the caffeine as it affects his swimmers more than your eggs.

I hadno intention of giving up my couple of cups per day but I ended up totally unable to stand the smell of it for the majority os this pregnancy so ended up giving it up quite easily because of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I still drink a cup of coffee a day, if its a proper coffee i get half strength but otherwise i think its fine in moderation.
    As for nails, I only got my acrylics taken off last week and I am 38 weeks preg (due to finance not health issues). I always have my toes painted and use nail polish remover. Ive never heard of it being an issue and everyone i have ever known that has been pregnant has never mentioned it. I guess it falls with people not wanting to bleach their hair when they are pregnant, personal choice. I do things in a wierd order and just went from Brunette to blonde last week so i obviously dont think there is anything wrong with that either. But each to their own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    All the books talk about cups of instant coffee, but don't specifically say anything about cappucino's etc, so I asked my Dr, and he said one a day is fine, so you could probably have 2-3 instants and have the same caffeine??

All my Dr said was to make sure I was drinking heaps of water as coffee is dehydrating, so I agree with the girls that have sad you don't need to give it up.

I also agree that you might not want it - we suffered a miscarriage last year and with that pregnancy, the smell of coffee made me want to ! But this bub doesn't seem to mind if Mummy needs a pick-me-up a few times a week

Good luck with the TTC. Hope you get a soon!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I had access to a coffee machine at work I used to have up to 5 cups a day. When I moved offices and only had access to instant and I lowered my intake to 1 coffee a day from the local coffee shop. All of a sudden a few months ago I stopped drinking coffee. I just didnt like the taste of it anymore. I was on the contraceptive pill so not sure if that had anything to do with it? But I started replacing my daily coffee with a Chai Latte (which I think is Black Tea and has caffiene) and I also had the Green Tea (a bit less caffiene) religiously as I heard it suppresses appetite and I wanted to lose the weight I gained from being on the pill. I stopped taking the pill a bit over a month ago as I was disgusted at myself for gaining 10kg. As soon as I found out I was pregnant last week I ceased drinking Chai Latte and Green Tea. I feel as though it's better to be on the safe side and if i'm going to consume any amount of caffiene at all, it will only be due to chocolate because I just cannot give that up LOL.

I painted my nails with OPI last night too. I was concerned if it would be bad to breathe in but I ensured there was enough ventilation. Hopefully that is true about OPI being safe to use though. I might research that a bit further too :-)