+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New to the world of IVF

Today I went to see local gyno in regards to my options for my hubby to be and myself to have a baby of our own. 6 years ago I had my tubes tied after a c-section, he has no children of his own so now we are looking at IVF. I have read a few stories about ladies going through tubal ligation reversal, which in some cases have been successful and some not. We have been advised to go straight into IVF - as some of it is covered by medicare. I'd like to hear from ladies that have the same decisions to make or have made, BUT most of all anyone who has just started on IVF.....

Last edited by kelbel78; 02-04-2009 at 21:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelbel - I was in the reverse situation - I have no children of my own and DH had a vasectomy. The chances of a successful reversal are slim (it has been about 12 years) so we decided to go straight to ivf.

I had polycystic ovaries, so we went on the short (antagonist) cycle and I had very low doses of injections, as there was a high chance of me overstimulating. We had egg pick up yesterday and I am still quite sore from it. They only got 7 eggs from me and 3 fertilised, which is a bit dissapointing. But as long as they stay healthy and make it to 5 day blasto's I will be happy. DH has named them Hewey, Dewey and Louie

Good luck with your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish u well!! I dont really have much clue about the names for all of the stuff that you need to have done yet LOL. I have set up a meeting with an advisor from the IVF clinic near us - we are in a NSW country town - so hopefully I will learn more from that. So the egg pick up is painful afterwards and during the procedure? I have lots of questions about it all - cant wait to talk to this lady next week!!!

PS - How do u get that ticker thing on here? I set it up and copied to notepad...do u just paste it on or something? LOL man i sound stupid!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelbel - go to User Control Panel and edit signiture on the left hand side, then add the code from the ticker. If your still stuck just put "add ticker" into the search box in the top right corner. That's how I did it and I can't remember how I did the actual ticker.

From what I've found on the Internet, some people are really sore after EPU, some are not. I think it has something to do with overstimulating?

There is a lot to get your head around isn't there I just got my head around everything and the cycle down pat, then the FS told me I would be doing a different cycle.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck KelBel with your IVF Journey