+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is there anyone that actually believes this?

......that circumcised penises are cleaner than un-circumcised penises?

I thought it was just common sense that a penis is clean if it is...cleaned!

Am I wrong to assume that a circumcised penis that is hardly ever washed is going to be dirtier than a regulary cleaned un-circumcised penis? - and visa versa-

This un-circumcised equals dirty opinion comes up quite a lot on BH, and it is an opinion that I believe is true only in legends and myths and holds absolutely no validity here in the real world. Why then does it continue to come up as a pro- reason to circ?

< that is me.

< that is me again.

< this is me now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, i dont think being circumcised is cleaner, i mean i am not really knowledgeable in the subject, since i dont have a penis and all, but going on my son, he happily plays with his more than necessary in the shower to warrant a good clean. and going by my husband, that is a trait boys dont grow out of even as grown men

ETA Both my men are intact!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had relatives tell me stories about un circ'd penises in nursing homes being more 'smellier' and prone to infection.
    Because the 'owner' has trouble cleaning properly or remembering to clean his penis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No it is absolute rubbish. If you don't clean your penis it will get dirty circ'ed or not.

The comment left me a little like this too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    I had relatives tell me stories about un circ'd penises in nursing homes being more 'smellier' and prone to infection.
    Because the 'owner' has trouble cleaning properly or remembering to clean his penis.
    maybe that means we should just routinely circumcise men as they enter nursing homes instead?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they were a nursing home resident then it would fall under the nurses duty of care, to make sure that if they were not able to manage then a staff member would. Also after working in aged care I can honestly say I have never noticed them to be "smellier".

Thanks
    Reviews
    ...I'm not in here to debate
    Just kinda adding to the OP.

Btw ...My DS are circ'd - I didn't do it because of the 'it's cleaner' reason.
    It was the other reasons like STDs and Cancer etc that I 'believed'...then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastatTiffanys View Post
    If they were a nursing home resident then it would fall under the nurses duty of care, to make sure that if they were not able to manage then a staff member would. Also after working in aged care I can honestly say I have never noticed them to be "smellier".
    I agree with you - plus..times and health standards have changed over the last few decades.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ...I'm not in here to debate
    Just kinda adding to the OP.

Btw ...My DS are circ'd - I didn't do it because of the 'it's cleaner' reason.
    It was the other reasons like STDs and Cancer etc that I 'believed'...then.
    Gosh, I just want to hug you sometimes the emotion behind a post is almost tangible without the need for many words at all.Big squeeezy hugs ok

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm kinda glad Esme was a girl so I didn't have to think about it. Personally I seem to be drawn to circ'd men; haven't seen a whole one in a long time. And I would be slightly more apprehensive about approaching a foreskin; one word: smegma. There's a word for it, so it must exist. *shudder* But does it justify lopping off a bit of baby...probably not IMO. So, so glad I didn't have to think about it.