+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not Ovulating after M/C

Can anyone tell me if this has happened to them?

I had a M/C in February and the 'ovulation' straight after that didnt seem right. I had some symptoms of ovulation, but only non fertile CM. Now after AF and its now time for another ovulation the same things are happening. Some signs of ovulation but no fertile CM. Maybe baby is partial ferning for the last 3 days and I cant do BBT as my daughter wakes me up at different times in the morning so its not accurate.

How long did it take for you to get back your normal cycle and ovulation or did you not ovulate for a while?

Please help as I am 40 years old and dont have the time to waste. I always have a regular cycle and now after the M/C things are all over the place.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey Smitten,
    Firstly big for your loss.
    As for the ovulating, sometimes it can take a while (6weeks or even a few months) for your hormones to return to their pre-pregnancy state and for you to ovulate. Have you tried using an ovulation kit?
    I read somewhere that *most* women don't ovulate in the first cycle after a loss due to the hormones still being a bit screwy. I'm pretty sure I didn't, and even when I did start charting the month after that it took a while before my AF was 'regular' and it took me 3mths to get a BFP.
    It's easier said than done, but don't put too much pressure on yourself at the moment. Your body is still recovering and might just need a bit more time. Check out the TTC after MC thread, there are lots of wonderful women in there who are all going through similar things.
    Hope you get that sticky BFP soon.