+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think I gained anything after 34 weeks last time - and it had been slowing. Yet I was still really hungry and eating frequently (but healthily). I gained 8kg overall.

This time I'm now nearly 33 weeks and have gained 8kg, so will be interested to see if it slows now or not. It's 11pm and I'm sitting here eating - I need to eat every couple of hours when pg or I feel sick. I even eat when I wake to pee at 2am.

Just eat healthily and your body will do what it needs to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm 24 weeks and I've gained 2.5 kilos. I think alot has to do with how much you lose through morning sickness though too. I lost almost 10 kilos through morning sickness so I had to regain all of that before my midwife could work out an accurate weight gain for me. Everybody is very different though and has a different metabolism. Some women gain extra body weight plus baby weight whereas others only gain just the extra baby bump weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I talked to my midwife about it today- she said that as I was thin to start with, my body may just need to build up some fat reserves, and that I may not gain very much more weight in the third trimester. Like other people have posted, it can taper off towards then end?

Well, I tried doing some stretches this morning. Don't really feel up to exercising exactly- I figure just being active around the house and at work should be enough- I don't really want to start an exercise regime at the moment... But the stretches I did were nice, and maybe one of these days I'll get the exercise bike out of the laundry and have a go on it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Lukie

Hope you are feeling a bit better.

I have put on 11 kgs already - which is just 4kgs shy of my goal! I am now nearly 25 weeks, I was 64kg when i started and am 170cm tall. I feel my 11kgs is pretty high but I am still doing personal training, and exercising about 4 other times per week and eating healthily with only occasional junk food. I know without starving myself and exercising like crazy (which I will not do) there is nothing I can do about the weight - my trainer told me the slimmer you are the more you put on as you have little fat stores as opposed to if you have a few kgs extra on to begin with. She expected me to put on 20kgs given my previous fitness regime which I have significantly cut back on since becoming pregnant.

I too am finding it hard but the most important thing, as I know you know, is growing a healthy bubba and at the end of the day in three/four months I will just work my ar$e off to get the weight off.

Lets hope the weight gain tapers off for both of us! lol

Flis xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember feeling really good about putting on only 8kgs at 32 weeks (I was all belly and it was a big one!) Over the next 7 weeks I put on 12kgs... not saying this to scare you, but it can happen. I wasn't eating more it turned out to be mostly fluid (I looked very swollen).

Unfortunately there was nothing I could have done about the weight gain, but its something to remember that your body may store a lot of fluid... don't be hard on yourself if it does. The good news is 2 weeks after the birth I had lost 14kgs of the 20 I put on (and I could almost see my ankles again)

Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beany View Post
    In the last trimester, baby puts on all of its baby fat. That doesn't mean that you will put on vast amounts of weight, though
    This is very true, my baby was born at 29 weeks and six days and had no fat at all, hence why his skin was bright red!