+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree that everybody is different. I was healthy weight before pregnancy, lost weight first trimester, gained about 5 kilos by end of second trimester and Im currently gaining a kilo a week at 31.5 weeks! Eek! Hoping it slows down before the end but not counting on it, just letting my body do what it needs to while eating healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    In the last trimester, baby puts on all of its baby fat. That doesn't mean that you will put on vast amounts of weight, though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was about 56kg pre-preg, and with only 1 - 2 weeks to go I'm now hovering on 65kg.

Someone else may have mentinoed this, but bear in mind that your weight doesn't just include fat, belly and boobs.... it also includes the 50% more blood circulating around your body, the fact that what sits in your digestive system generally sits there for longer than it used to (so I'm assuming total volume of "waste" will be greater at any given time), plus increased fluid (ankles,hands etc).

I figure of the 9kg I've gained all preg, maybe 3.5kg will be baby's weight, and the placenta and amnio fluid will weight about another 1 or 1.5 kilo, so I should be around 5kg heavier after the birth than I was before, and that will disappear over time as breastfeeding continues.

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile relaxxxxx

and remember : in the words of Angelina Jolie
    " it's a great thing about being pregnant - you don't need excuses to pee or to eat "

Thanks
    Reviews
    you have to understand, this is like asking someone what are they attracted to in me..
    cause every woman is different

i start pregnancy at 60 kg
    at 14 weeks i was 63

at 24 weeks i was 63.8

everyone is so different

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its hard to know whats right and whats wrong as long as you arent eating junk all the time and not exercising i think whatever you put on is fine.
    Although saying that I have worried about the weight from the start and am still worrying now at 36 weeks but on the opposite scale.
    I think i was about 63kg when i fell, i prob put on the most weight in my second trimester. My last docs app a fortnight ago i was 71kg and had been that weight for the past 6 weeks. next app is tomorrow so will be interesting to see if i have changed. Im not denying myself anything (had a choc thick shake today lol) but stopped exersising at about 30 weeks as it was getting to hard. I was worried at the start about not gaining any weight for 6 weeks but think now that i am so busy with getting organised for the baby - always walking around shops, work (up until a few weeks ago) etc that u dont really have time to lay around like u prob should.
    Everyone is different and unless your doc is concerned, just live it up & focus on the fact that your bub is taking what they need from you and leaving u the rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started this pregnancy at 56kg and am now 69kg at 29 weeks - so 13 kg so far.

I gained around 20 kg total last pregancy, and lost most of it.

Everyone is different, though

Guest Guest
    I feel like a big mcfatty compared to everyone now How depressing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ive gained heaps already...im too exhausted to exercise and suffer from severe backpain...im quite worried about what the last trimester will bring as far as weight gain is concerned

TonkaTruck is offline "Babies don't come with an instruction manual". "No KIDDING?! I want a refund!". *sigh*
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have gained 28kg so far in this pregnancy! Granted, most of it's because I've been eating a lot of wheat which I'm allergic to and puts weight on me like nothing else (even chocolate!) but I'm not beating myself up about it. Sure, I feel horrible. Particularly because it took me over a year to get down to the weight that I was... But I can do it again so why stress, you know?