+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Exclamation Birth Trauma Support Section

Hi everyone,
    We have a great new support section here. I hope it can help some women out there who have had bad experiences during the birth of their babies.
    Cheers,
    HL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ohh what a good idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ditto Nat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you soooooo much for setting up this section!

Cant wait to start spreading the and healing vibes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I thought I would share my experiences.

DS1 - The perfect labour, just under 8 hours, one push and he was totally out, and I didn't even get a graze !!! He was 7 pound 9 ounces.

DS2 - I had hi hopes of having a birth like I did with DS1. Well, that wasn't meant to be. I was in labour for 48 hours before they decided that something was stopping him from coming out, and then they decided to do an emergency c-section. I had a touch of PND after but I think it was because I really didn't want a c-section, so I felt like the birth I wanted had been stolen from me. Then to make matters worse, he was 11 pound 2 1/2 ounces ! ! ! One of my good friends had her little boy the day after me which he was only just over 7 pound and they kept comparing them. I felt like I had missed out on the newborn stage. DS2 didn't even fit into newborn nappies !!! Then to make matters worse, I was still bleeding at my 6 week check-up, only to find out that they had left something behind, so then I had to have a D & C. Once that was done I started to feel a little better.

DD - Well, I went into this pregnancy knowing there was a chance of having to have another c-section but I was really hoping for a VBAC. Everything was looking good, she wasn't large like DS2, so the Dr's thought there was a good chance of me getting my wish. But then 2 days past my due date I had to see the Dr and decide what was going to happen, he tried to see if he could push her down but there was no way she was going to move down. He then done an internal while trying to push her down, but found out that my pelvic bone had moved into the way so there was no way of her coming out the way I wanted. So they put me in 2 days later for my c-section. I thought that I would cope a lot better with this one since I had been through it before, but I felt worse after wards. It was strange, I knew she was mine but had trouble trying to bond with her. I think that it was because I didn't labour at all.

From my experiences I bonded better and faster with DS1 than I did with my other 2 children.

Well, that is all from me, sorry for boring you guys, but I do feel a lot better now that I got that out.

Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Happy Lady,

What a great idea. Thank you!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fantastic idea!!

This will be so helpful to many women. I wish that there had been something like this after DS was born, I struggled to deal with the details of his birth etc and didnt feel like I could really talk to anybody about it.

Well done Happy Lady!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Very good idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I can't take any credit, just a supporter. This is thanks to Becca74, X and Hilary. Thanks guys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread is an awesome idea

I will definatley be using it.