+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Arrow Any info on how to find a sperm donor?

Hi ladies,

After five failed IVF's we are now starting to look in to donor cycles. There are plenty of sites where we can advertise for egg donors, but how do we go about finding a sperm donor?

I asked our FS (Sydney IVF) but she said we would need to find our own, we are to discuss further with her at our next consult.

We are based in Sydney, but I keep hearing about sperm donor shortages. Our preference is to find an anon donor. Has anyone got any info for us or has anyone tried to buy sperm from clinics overseas?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I'm not sure,but you might be able to buy sperm from a Clinic in Albury, NSW.

They may only provide sperm if use their IVF services. Not sure.

Might be worth a call.

ph. 6041 2677.

Good Luck

Green Mum to be is offline Just one baby pretty pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ollies Girl,

There is some more information in the same sex parents section as most of the lesbians go about finding donor sperm.

I know that Fertility First in Sydney has donor sperm and no waiting list. I think that they import it from overseas. There is also one other clinic in Sydney who supply donor sperm but when i spoke to them late last year there was an 18 month to 2 year waiting list for the sperm due to demand.

Both of these are anonymous donor sperm with the child able to access the details of the donor at 18 (or maybe 16 i forget exactly). This is in line with Australian legislation.

Otherwise you can advertise online but i don't think that is suitable for you considering the circumstances. Often they are not completely anonymous and there are tests and waiting periods associated with them if you are using a clinic.

I would sugguest changing your clinic to one of these to access the donor sperm.

I can PM you the clinic details if you need as i have their business card in my purse. Mind you we ended up using known donor sperm at home as i don't have fertility issues and it is a huge expense to use a clinic that is interstate!

I hope that helps. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I used donor sperm at home

Try DIY Baby - choose a sperm donor and then make the arrangement yourself- and the best part is that its free.
    Good luck! There's nothing like being a mum- I look at my son and still cant believe Im so lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know Melbourne IVf do, but you would have to transfer to have treatment there. Might be worth a call though. Good luck

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    cryos international are a big Danish/US sperm bank and they will ship you donor sperm to your clinic of choice. It's not cheap, but you get baby photos of the donor, a written piece by them and lots more info than you would here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    I am looking for an egg donor in Sydney I was passing your comment , look I can help u if in replay u help me you looking for sperm donor which my husband can help u if u agree to donate eggs to me if you interested send me an email to yaddip@yahoo.com
    thanx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ollies Girl,

There are Fertility Clinics in both Sydney and Qld that have sperm and import from overseas too (either Xylex or others). Just ring the different clinics and explain your need and ask them if they have donor sperm available. That will save you a lot of time, and you can then decide who to meet with to discuss options.

Good luck with it all

Millie-Girl

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fsdw

Quote Originally Posted by happybabies View Post
    Its got the best reputation as its been going since about 2003 and is regularly in the press with success stories. The donors donate for free- because they want to choose who to donate to- and some would be ok about being an uncle type person in the child's life or even to co-parent. FSDW is really about choice- with members and donors deciding on what they want and then making an arrangement that works. Its moderated really well to keep the perverts out who offer NI- more commonly known as sex! And the creator is a famous child behaviour expert who encourages an arrangement where the child can know more about the biological father- and for him to maybe in the child's life- that doesnt happen at a clinic. Alot of people are now choosing co-parenting options with people they arent in a sexual relationship with- and because FSDW has a good community everyone who joins tends to be really serious about this and wants the best for the child. Doing this outside of a clinic has other risks of course-although you can choose a donor from FSDW and then use a clinic. Bottom line is that if you want a baby then choose a great donor and do everything you can to protect yourself- get tests done etc etc.
    Hope thats answered your question!
    HappyBabies
    I am actualy a member on FSDW and i have helped a same sex couple have their own little baby through AI close to Brisbane, I have to admit when she told me she had conceived it gave me a great feeling knowing i have given someone the gift of life made them happy.
    They also told me they had a lot of wierdos they had seen just after one thing and when we met up soon as i went i had a text saying they where really happy with me and would like me to help them ..
    I went their for 3 attempts and the 3rd one worked.
    Saying this i also met a couple before them and they had so many reasons for me to say no sorry i cant help,
    The one thing i have to know is the baby is going to be loved and cared for in a happy healthy enviroment.
    I'm just as fussy as the women or couple looking well i hope everyone finds the help they need...if you would like to chat more just message me ....Justin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LMum View Post
    Hi there
    I am looking for an egg donor in Sydney I was passing your comment , look I can help u if in replay u help me you looking for sperm donor which my husband can help u if u agree to donate eggs to me if you interested send me an email to yaddip@yahoo.com
    thanx
    if you have not found the perfect person to help in your endeavours please contact me ppayens@hotmail.com
    i am single and have had some rough relationship issues but would be more than happy to help you if your husband could help me.. all the best xx