+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Ive never felt like this. I dont want her anymore :-(

Well as the title says, i dont want this baby. Im being compltely honest no matter how horrible it sounds. And yes it does sound horrible!!! I have 2 other kids and i never felt like this when i was pregnant with them no matter how down i was at the time.

I suffer from depression and had to go off my meds when i feel pregnant. I thought i could make it through, but the last few weeks its all on top of me. I had 3 anxiety attacks yesterday and ive only ever had one or 2 in my life and they were different to yesterday.

Im really scared for whats going to happen post birth. Surely if i feel like this now how can i bond with my baby? What if i dont want to feed her or be around her? My kids are so excited about having a little sister, but i cant share in their excitment, even though it makes me smile watching them talk about her like that.

I just want to go back in time and not be pregnant anymore. :-( How can someone not want their baby? I feel horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are not horrible!!! Lets get that straight right now. I dont really have any advice for you other than maybe try go see someone about this before bubby is born. Do you have many people who can help you out to make you load a bit easier?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    You are not horrible!!! Lets get that straight right now. I dont really have any advice for you other than maybe try go see someone about this before bubby is born. Do you have many people who can help you out to make you load a bit easier?
    Yeah i do but i dont like telling people how bad the problem is. Honestly most of them dont really believe in depression, either that or there is somone worse off than me so i feel degraded and silly. I know its a real problem but i dont know if they really do.

I know i need to go and see someone and try and fix this before the baby is due. Otherwise its going to really affect the baby and its just an innocent little child!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I definitely would advise to go and speak to someone about it because there must be some reason why you're feeling this way you poor thing. If you have a chat with your GP she might be able to refer you to a psychologist or otherwise give you advice about some natural form of anxiety and depression treatment? Even a form of yoga or relaxation might help because there must be a way that you can feel better than you do right now.

I hope things start getting better for you, no one deserves to feel like that and you're not an awful person, it's not your fault you're feeling that way no one would ever choose to feel like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What you are feeling is totally normal. So many ladies feel this and choose not to talk about it. You're not a bad person, infact you are a great mother because you concerned about your unborn childs wellbeing.

Opening up about it to start with can be the hardest part. Talk to your GP or Middy's about this. You GP will be about to refer you to a phychologist, and currently under medicare you can have 12 appointments bulk billed.

I know how hard it can be, but try no to be so hard on yourself. Everything might seem really difficult now, and you may feel like you can't cope, but the truth is- you can. Don't give up yet.

Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by My Little Belle View Post
    What you are feeling is totally normal. So many ladies feel this and choose not to talk about it. You're not a bad person, infact you are a great mother because you concerned about your unborn childs wellbeing.

I have never in my life had depression but I felt a little bit like i had made a mistake half way through this pregnancy. It passed as I hope yours does too but get talking about it with someone who can help. Good luck sweetheart

Thanks
    Reviews
    I soo know how you feel.

I struggled so much during my pregnancy with the same feelings as you... It was awful. You should seek counselling and look at getting back onto some meds that are safe during pregnancy.

When I met my baby all those feelings disappeared and now I am soo in love. Take care xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Freya i didnt even know you were pregant let alone had another little guy!! Congrats!! xoxo

Im hoping it will pass when she is born. I rang our local councellor place that i use to go to and i got in tomorrow morning. I need to fix this before the baby is due. I want to be excited and happy!! I want to WANT to meet her.

I know im not alone and i knew that talking here would help. Thanks ladies :-)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you for seeking help; what a strong mummy you're already being for your baby

Wishing you all the best, I hope you get all the support you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by javalava View Post
    OMG Freya i didnt even know you were pregant let alone had another little guy!! Congrats!! xoxo

Im hoping it will pass when she is born. I rang our local councellor place that i use to go to and i got in tomorrow morning. I need to fix this before the baby is due. I want to be excited and happy!! I want to WANT to meet her.

I know im not alone and i knew that talking here would help. Thanks ladies :-)
    Thanks! Twas quite the shock.

I know what you mean about wanting to want to meet her. It's horrible feeling that way hey... When there are so many people who want babies and there you are with one growing and you just wish it would all go away but you know what you're feelings are real and you shouldn't feel bad about them. You are normal and human and most of all you are a great mother and it is clear that you want to do the right thing because you are seeking help. That in itself I think shows that you will be okay in the end. You will love her and you will not be able to imagine a single moment without her.