+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Lisa -
    Glad to hear the weather treated you well for the markets today. A profit is good, but it needs to be worth of the effort involved too, hopefully next time will be better if it's a day with nicer weather. Go last Clomid cycle, GO! Hope poor Sarah doesn't get sick again, but well done for using the toilet

Tina - Yay for the holidays! And for a sleep in, I love when they fall back asleep for you, just wish it happened more often.

Crystal - Am sending lots of labour vibes your way Come on little boy be good to your Mumma so those nasty OB's leave her alone.

Had a good day here. After Cooper keeping me up for hours early Friday morning we were all tired and cranky all day. Cooper crashed about 8pm and slept til 2am! I went to bed about 9pm so got a nice block which was great, then he had a feed and went straight back to sleep til 6am. So today was much easier, even though we got a flat battery while we were out and had to wait for RACQ to come give us a jump start . Bumped into a friend who is 22wks with #2 so we are going to catch up next week so she can have bubba cuddles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi girls

Crystal- grrr to that stupid ob, I'm glad you were able to argue back and be armed with lots of knowledge. Not long to go now, I can't wait to hear his arrival and know his name etc!

Tina- did you leave for your holiday today? (you probably won't read this if you did!). Have a great time away and relax heaps

Lisa- thats great your markets went well! I hope Sarah isn't getting too sick And GOOD LUCK with O!!!

Teal- well done on getting a nice block of sleep- it makes such a difference doesn't it!

Us- didn't do a whole heap today as DH worked. Its raining here atm which is very welcome after a gross humid day.

I have my step father coming from Bris for a visit tomorrow... should be interesting. He and my mum are divorced (yes my mum has been married and divorced twice ) and there are major dramas with one of my younger brothers (18) and the whole situation is one big mess. My eldest sister got involved by sending a few not-so-pleasant emails to our step dad, I think my mum is dealing with the issues by drinking, my step dad sticks his head in the sand and wont take responsibility for his sons, him and my mum cant talk civily to each other for the sake of the boys, my nan just sits back and openly criticises everyone but wont do anything proactive to help... ARGH I hate family dramas! I seriously have the most unstable family ever and I'm just about at the end of my patience with them all! Noone gets along, everyone is just trying to get back at someone for something they have done or haven't done, and I am always the one stuck in the middle of it all. NO MORE! I won't allow my children to be subjected to all their cr ap.......... felt good to get that off my chest anyway My real dad is the only stable one of the lot of them, he is normal and we get along very well.... too bad he lives ages away Though my eldest sister and I finally get along well now, it only took us 25 years .

Ok, I've had my rant for the night so I might try and get some sleep. Hope you are all having a great weekend whatever you are doing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Morning all,

Had a decent sleep last night, which was very welcome after the previous night. Cade did his usual 5 hour block, and Carter only got up once..it was wierd though cause he got up and just stood in the hallway, when he normally comes into our room. Hes well and truly sick with a "wet" cough now, and Cade is fighting the sniffles still, doesnt seem to be progressing, but not getting better either. Had a good day yesterday...saw a couple of houses (both were too small), came home to fight with Carter to nap (which he never did), then off to speech therapy with Jonno, which meant I got a small nap. Made stirfry for dinner and then cinammon rolls for dessert (they are ssooo yummy!). One of my friends posted on facebook a link to a video of the opener of our churchs conference in 2007...thought you girls might like to see it, so here it is if you do.

Teal, great to hear you had a good day yesterday! Yes, I agree that living here is very expensive indeed...and it sucks that it takes Jonno over an hour to get to/from work...but we know its only temporary and that eventually we will prob move back to the states. Its just that his job is so great at the moment and he wouldnt be able to get the equivalent anywhere else without his degree (hence why he is starting school again to get it), so here we stay for the time being...The room looks fab! So very boy oriented, Carter would love it hah.

Haylie, yes, its fine to give the fish oil with a multi to Mason...you cant really overdose on fish oil, so even if the multi contains it, the more the merrier! Dont feel dumb you silly girl! Yes, I use google a LOT haha...I only came across that information when researching speech dyspraxia. If you google speech dyspraxia and EPAs, you will get a lot of info and the specific brands they did the studies on. If you have any questions, etc, let me know...a HUGE hug with all the family drama...what a pain in the butt! Im SO lucky that although my parents are divorced and remarried, there are no dramas in my large family (well, my immediate one anyway)...we are all friends, my parents get along, they have great marriages with my step-parents, etc....Im very lucky.

Crystal, good girl for standing your ground! Was Jared with you? You just keep at it...it sounds like you are very determined, and that can only help in your vbac journey! So proud of you! Anyday now, how exciting!

Lisa, well done for making a profit! I would give it a bit more time to see if things pick up, and decide then if you want to keep at it...it might just take some time to get the ball rolling. Yay for O on its way...off to look at your chart! I think Kaz wants to join us too, yay!

Tina, yay for holidays! Hows your tooth feeling now, bloody thing! What happened at the wedding?

Ok, Cade is waking after his 10 min snooze, grr and Carter is in timeout (again)...typical day here. The rain hasnt let up and wont do so for another few days, so we are going stir-cazy! Throat is still bothering me, so need to get a throat lozenge (Ease a Cold ones are really good). Have a wonderful Sunday ladies!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls,

Just a quick one as I'm packing for our little trip away! We'll be leaving this arvo. So I'll be offline for a few days. Will miss you guys!!!!

Had a crazy day yesterday. FIL ended up in hospital as he had a bit of a turn, but he's fine. They don't know if it's associated with the treatment - will have to see. So we didn't end up going to the wedding because MIL doesn't drive so we were ferrying them around (plus MIL didn't cope too well with the whole thing so we didn't want to leave her). Sigh. He seems ok today so hopefully all will be fine while we're away - we're only down the road anyway.

My ear is aching a bit again today. It is driving me batty. I hope the holidays give me a chance to recuperate. Tooth is feeling good, though.

I hope you all have a great week. I hope I don't miss any baby news!!!!!!! Take care XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Britt - Wow that video clip is amazing... it must of been such a feeling to be there for it. I must admit I am not religious but what a fantastic spectacle! Yep I think I have o'd. Temp shot up this morning, pos opk this morning so I think today is the day, so have managed the past 2 nights, and will try again tonight and tomm and then I think thats the best chance I can give it along with some preseed! I am glad you got to have a good night sleep. I cant imagine what it would be like to have a toddler changing sleep patterns and cutting out their day sleep - would be hard work. Yep Kaz wants to come out to dinner with us too so I think its You, Sarah, Me, Kaz, Debi and Hels?? I'll chat to sarah and we can try and tee up the best place.

Tina - Have a lovely break away Sorry to hear about your FIL.

Haylie - Dont feel bad for letting it all out, its good to voice your frustrations on here, well I think it is anyway! Every family has their issues but it sounds like you have a lot to deal with there..... I hope the situation with your brother works out soon. Thanks for teh goodluck... I think I have either just o'd or will today so have been making the most of this cycle!

Teal - How frustrating to breakdown! Hopefully it was minor and all is ok with the car now.

AFM - Ovulating today so making the most of this last cycle on Clomid and giving it the best chance so . I am part of the You'll Love Coles Mums testing panel where we get to taste test a lot of new products before they go on the shelves at Coles, and today I have to try 5 different types of hot cross buns. Have just gone and spent my voucher and got them all so guess what we are eating this arvo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haylie - don't you just love family dramas. I hope things went okay with your step dad today, it's hard when you get stuck in the middle because others can't get along with each other. Don't worry my Dad is going through divorce number 2 too, which I'm actually pleased about as she is a pyscho.

Britt - Saw on FB that Cade isn't well, poor baby hope it doesn't get too bad. How old was Carter when you started using Time outs? Thinking we need to come up with something for L. I can't wait til he is old enough to understand rewards charts, have piles of stickers put away Thinking I should be able to try one soon.

Tina - Sorry to hear about FIL, hope he is feeling better and MIL is coping. Such a pitty you missed the wedding. Have a great time away.

Lisa - Yum, hope you had a fun afternoon tasting all those Hot Cross Buns. Go little egg go.

Things are pretty good here. The weekend went way too fast. We were enjoying a nice quiet Sunday to ourselves when DH gets a phone call from his sis saying that her, her BF and DH's Bro were all coming to visit in about 30mins. Grr, was not impressed as both boys were sleeping and I had been hoping to get a nap and DH was building a new house/(nest) for our dog to have her pups. They stayed for almost 2hrs by which time the boys were up and it was getting late so it made it very difficult for us to get anything done. She's just like her mother too .

Meanwhile my youngest sister is staying here for the week as she has to move off campus for the holidays (or pay) so will be good to have a hand. Okay am off to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Had a busy day with my step father visiting and then spending the afternoon at mums. We were going to get fish & chips and have an early dinner with her but time got away and then Layla had her usual 6pm meltdown (I think she gets over-tired and over-stimulated and just loses the plot) so by the time we calmed her down and managed to get some milk into her, we didn't get home until 7:30pm. Changed both kids into their PJ's and gave Layla another feed and they have both been snoring in bed since.

Britt- AMAZING! Thanks for sharing Thanks for the info you have given me on the fish oil and mutli vitamins etc. Mason will be going back to speech therapy soon and I may have lots of Q's for you then! He is so far behind that I will be very suprised if he isn't diagnosed with some kind of speech delay. He will be 3 in a couple of months and I counted the words in his vocabulary today and there are only about 15 (most not recognisable by outsiders). And no sentences whatsoever

Tina- Enjoy your time away!!

Lisa- yummy.... hot cross buns

We will have a busy few days with DH working night shift and me getting things ready to go to Darwin. It is going to be unbearably hot up there which I'm not looking forward to esp seeing as I have no nice summer clothes that fit

Never got AF so who knows what's happening there... I could of sworn I ovulated but I obviously didn't. Silly body playing tricks on me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teal we posted at the same time. Very frustrating about your visitors!! I hate it when people visit with not much notice, esp when you are wanting a nap. When the kids are napping its strictly mummy time in my opinion and NOONE should interupt it Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a crazy family- drives me bonkers some days. I often wonder how I turned out so normal but then get paranoid that maybe I'm not normal at all but I just don't realise it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haylie I am always saying to friends when talking about DH "I can't believe he turned out normal with such a crazy family" (his siblings were not so lucky).

And for the time I knew you in real life you definitely seemed normal to me Just remember "It's character building, Haylie"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by newmummy0507 View Post
    (his siblings were not so lucky).
    this bit sounded so funny haha!!

Yes it certainly is character building as my dad would say You gotta love them though, you only get one family (or in my case about 3 or 4 with all the marriages and divorces)...