+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have had a good night so far. We've been getting into a better bedtime routine with both the kiddies. Mason has dinner, bath, then I have been making him a sandwich and cup of milk to fill him up as he doesn't really eat dinner, clean teeth, choose a toy to take to bed, then into bed. It's been working well and the last couple of mornings he has stayed in bed until 6am. I've been putting his etcher skether and a drink of water on his bedside table so that keeps him happy until 6. Layla has been going to bed between 7-7:30pm and sleeping through till 5:30am She is still sleeping in our room and is going to outgrow the bassinette one day soon- not sure what to do after that as I don't want her in another room just yet.

Tina- glad to hear you had a good night!! I absolutely love rainy days (always welcome here in the country!) but it must be a pain being cooped up inside all day. With the fish oil, I had started looking into getting a multi vitamin for Mason because his diet is appalling (not from lack of trying on our part) and I read some stuff of the omega3 fish oil and how it can help with speech, learning, attention, behaviour etc. So we'll give it a go. I got the kidsmart one. THIS is what Teal is talking about with the twinkle toes- these are the ones we got done when Layla was 3 weeks old (only picked them up the other week).

Grays and Private Practice on tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just a quick one (Private Practice on!), but wanted to say to Haylie, re the cervical vaccine, as long as you start the series before turning 27, youre fine. You get them over a 6 month period, and then they recommend you wait a few months after that to get pg as they dont know what effects there are, etc. Theres debate as to whether its still effective if you start the series and then delay the remaining until after a bub. I had the first one before I got pg with Cade, but havent gotten the other two, because Im not sure it would make a difference. Re the vitamins and fish oil...Carter has a multi, when we remember...and as much as I want him on fish oil, he wont take them (hates the texture of the capsules). All the research I did on it when Carter was diagnosed with speech dyspraxia suggested that in the studies done, the effectiveness was found using only a couple of specific products which contained borage oil I think it is. The combination of EFAs, rather than just the omega3, seemed to have the best results. Not sure that helps at all considering the specific brands need to be specially ordered, but if you want more info, let me know. Any omega3 is good for him tho, so its only doing good...

Ok, back to the show

Thanks
    Reviews
    Almost the end of the week, yay for that!

Had a good day here but also a wet one. Knowing it would prob be a long day I made the effort and went to playgroup. It was great as Cooper slept the whole time and Lachlan got 2hrs out of the house playing with others, and I got to chat too so glad I made myself go.

Haylie - Good idea having the drink and toy beside the bed for Mason and Layla is such a good girl sleeping all night for you. I've been thinking of giving Lachlan Omega 3 too and had been meaning to ask so glad you did for me. I've had one of the CC needles (it's 3 over 6mths I think) and then put the others on hold the month before I got pg with Cooper, will have to look into whether it is okay during bf then might get the other two. Happy 12 weeks to Layla and Happy 5wks to Cooper exactly 7wks between them. Lachlan is 23mths today, one more month til the big 2!

Britt - I have no idea how you afford to live in Sydney no wonder it is hard to afford a house, we really couldn't do it. $1000 for a photographer and the copyrights, yuck. We got the same when L was 7mths for $300 and they are fab. It's the same with your OB costs etc. so much more in NSW/VIC. When DH and I graduated we discussed where we would apply for jobs etc and decided if we found a job here that we liked but the pay was lower than in a capital city it would still be a good option because of the lower costs of living. So glad that is what happened & he likes his job as it is great for me, I hate the cities and he is only 4mins from home if I need him.

Tina - One more work day til holidays I hear you on cabin fever I think that maybe boredom is adding to Lachlan list of reasons to whinge at me, the days are so LONG but it is hard to get out with the two of them. Good luck with the Cabin fever tomorrow, I think we'll have it too as it doesn't look like the fog is going to lift.

Oh and with all this talk of nurseries I remembered that I haven't posted any pics of the boys room so I will do that tomorrow, although Cooper is still in bed with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi girls

Have had a good day today, we had mothers group here this morning and the last of them only left at 1pm. Mason loved having the kids to play with but I think it was a bit much for Layla with all the noise. She was very unsettled when everyone left and took ages to get off to sleep.

Britt- thanks for that info... I hadn't read a heap on it so didn't know about that borage oil. So confusing. Do you just look on google to get any info on this sort of stuff? I feel a bit dumb but don't really know where to look or what exactly to type into the google search a lot of the time. What multi vitamin do you give Carter and do you think its ok to give a multi as well as the fish oil? Mason loves his fish oil tabs, he calls them an 'oi oi' (that's how he says lollie ). They are chewable or you can twist the top off and pour it straight in their mouth or on their food.

Teal- its a pain getting out of the house with 2 but its worth it when you do. Glad you had a good time at playgroup! We timed it well having our babies exactly 7 weeks apart didn't we

Tina- by the time you read this you'll be on holidays

Not much planned for the weekend as DH is working both days. Might just catch up on housework etc before me & Layla go away on Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews

Glad you're having a good day Haylie. Can totally understand Layla being a little out of sorts after a house full of toddlers, I would be too.

A long day for us as Cooper had me up from 1:30am til 4am this morning and then back up at 6:30am so am very tired and have a headache. But thankfully Lachlan is napping atm so only have a tired Cooper to entertain. Am craving some chocolate but have none in the house

Here are a couple of pics of the boys room. One is a bit fuzzy but you get the idea. Lachlan loves to show everyone his bed and it is a trundle which I have filled with excess clothes and linen yay for extra storage space. I made the curtains and hamper am pretty happy with them considering was my first attempt at sewing since making a pencil case in yr8 Home Economics.

Carbed
    Curtains
    Wall border
    Built Ins
    Last edited by Two in Blue; 03-04-2009 at 20:19. Reason: too tired to spell

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teal- wow the room looks great!! Mason would be so jealous of that bed, he just has a boring wooden one You did a great job with the sewing

LOL @ the chocolate craving- do you have any choc chips for baking? I usually eat them when I am desperate I hope you get a better night sleep tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Heya girls!

Teal--CUTE room! Love it all! Ethan loves cars, so he would be in boy heaven!

Haylie-Ethan always had trouble as a bubba getting to sleep if he had a big day. We have heaps of house work to get done as well! Gosh I thought perhaps I would have started to nest by now...nope. LOL!

Tina-I AM SO JEALOUS! I want to see Chicago SO bad! Hope today has been better for you!

Britt--Kindy day was good until I got out to my car after shopping and my nail appt. to find the car dead. The fan kept running and drained my battery. So after asking 3 people for help and having them turn me down, this nice old guy helped. Going to cost us a few hundred to get fixed, but gotta do it. We don't have the extra money but need the car. So will see.

Well had our 37 week check up today!!Medical Doc said all was good and we wrote up my insulin plan for delivery. Sadly it requires a drip, but thats ok.

I saw the "stupid" OB Reg today and she pulled the whole "risks of vbac, baby dying, your fault" c r a p with me again. I mentioned that after the 38 week u/s that we can talk more about it and see where I am and she said "It isnt about the size so much but..." and I interupted her and spouted off all the information I had and the possible complications. I think I kinda of surprised her with how informed I am. So yeah, they have started pushing the c/s next week and I am standing firm.

I have an acupuncture appt. on tuesday so hoping that gets the ball rolling. I am also filling up on EPO and plan to start inserting tonight. Loads of fun lol!

Jared is excited because he thinks he's going to be getting some action this weekend, but not sure yet. Will see

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - Wow, I cannot believe how quickly your ticker has been going ... OMG! How exciting! You do what you feel is right and comfortable with regards to the birth.

Teal - The boys room looks fantastic, so bright and colourful. Definately a great job on all the sewing Hope you got some much needed rest.

Haylie - Aww poor Layla, hopefully she settled for you and you were able to relax for a bit after such a busy day of visitors! Yep I am around O day, CD11 today so probably Sunday/Mondayish will be it. We better get busy soon I guess!

Britt - I'll have a chat with Sarah and see if we can come up with somewhere for Dinner. Pretty sure Debi wants to come along too.

Tina - I too am jealous of you seeing Chicago - how fantastic that would of been! Hope your ear is giving you some relief?

Has anyone heard from Jessie? Just realised that we havent heard from her in a bit. Hope she is doing ok with the bubs.

AFM - Have my market tomorrow morning and we have had atrocious weather in Melbourne today, so I dont expect it to go so well... packed lots of rugged up gear and I think hot coffee's will be on order throughout!
    Started TT this week... we have had 3 successes on the toilet which is great - just shows she can. I have her running around in knickers all the time apart from her sleep times atm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good morning, ladies!

HOLIDAYS! It almost doesn't seem real. Soooo tired but have 2 weeks to sort that out.

Haylie - glad you had a good mothers group. Jude always really enjoys it, too - so I find it quite relaxing and very worthwhile. Poor little Layla, though! A whole bunch of toddlers can do anyone's head in.

Lisa - I hope the weather isn't too ordinary for your market today. I can't imagine being bundled up drinking coffee all day lol - even though it's been wet here for days it is disgustingly humid and sticky! Looking forward to hearing how it went.

Crystal - grrrrr to that OB!!!! I can't believe the standover tactics they have been trying to pull on you. Good on you for sticking to your guns. I'm praying that your labour will start naturally very soon. Bring on the natural therapies!!!

Teal - love the room. Nice work with the sewing! That's highly impressive, especially if the last thing you sewed was a pencil case lol (we made shorts in year 8 - they were so ugly!!!!). Hope Cooper had a better night so you got a chance to get some more sleep.

AFM - busy day yesterday. My STUPID TOOTH was aching again and seeing we're going away tomorrow I figured I'd better get it checked. So the dentist opened it up again and drilled out more of the yucky root. He's pretty confident now that it should be ok until the bub is born. I hope so! So I went to work with a dead face - not pleasant.

Some close friends from Adelaide are up for a wedding this weekend so a bunch of us caught up for dinner last night. I was wonderful to see them but I was just so tired all I could think about was going to bed. Two of the other girls there are also pg (including the one from Adelaide) so we got some cute pg belly pics!!! Our due dates range from may 6 - June 20, so pretty close together. Babies everywhere!

We got home late, so this morning when Jude wandered bleary-eyed into our room at 7am we hauled him into bed and next thing it was 9am lol. Swimming is at 9:30, so the boys hotfooted it there and I am still in my pyjamas. Nice!

We are going to a wedding today (one of DHs workmates). The weather is awful and it's supposed to be on the beach. Poor things. I think they'll be going with the contingency plan.

Have a great Saturday, girls!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Tina - this tooth of yours is being a ripe terror hey! I so hope this is it for you now. Sounds like you had a nice time out and some rest is on the menu for you today!

AFM- Just got back from my market today. It was fun! Weather held off altho looked onomous all morning. Sold enough to make a profit, not sure if its entirely enough to make it worthwhile, but might do another and see how that goes. Think I am o'ing in the next 48 hours.... huge temp drop today so 'Go you last cycle of clomid' lol... oh, and DD has signs of being sick, mild temp, not eating, slept most of day.... gosh will it ever end!