+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Crystal/Britt - Would love to see a copy of that TT plan if anyone can email it to me?

Britt - The pictures of Cade are just gorgeous. I love the one of him in the guitar case - priceless! I'm so looking forward to catching up! Of course we will like you lol. I dont mind where we travel to, the only thing about the city centre is its just busy/hard for parking on a Fri/Sat night... so if you end up staying in South Melbourne maybe somewhere around there as its the outskirts of the city.

Crystal - Would love to see some pics of your nursery!

Mel - , wow go Jasper! He is going great guns!

Layla - HOw exciting about your mini holiday! That will be just what the doctor ordered for you hun, enjoy it, not long till Easter now!

Tina - That is so cute about Jude telling you about the potty.... I am just so nervous about this whole thing, I am just trying to keep in mind to make it stress free as the stress is not going to help either of us!

AFM - CD 8 of my very last cycle so gearing up for a busy weekend . Market this Saturday so still busy making stuff that I probably wont sell lol.

Hels, Teal & Sarah - hope your all well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls,

Lisa - I'm sure you'll sell heaps at the markets. Oh and i'd love it if someone could forward the TT plan on the me, too.

Mel, sounds like Jasper is growing like a bean!!!

Crystal - How sad that your MIL lives so nearby yet doesn't help out more or spend much time with Ethan. I think putting the ball in her court is the right thing. She could be getting so much joy from a precious grandchild. Not to mention the help it could give you guys - especially at this point in your lives. I hope things improve for you.

Haylie - oh yay for your trip to see your sister! That's really exciting. i'm sure you will feel really refreshed by it.

Britt - we used condoms for 2 years after Jude was born. And we were super-vigilant because I wasn't up for being pg for a good while (esp after I got sick with my gall bladder etc). We really don't have issue with them...my DH is so laid-back he's asleep lol...he'd bd any old how!!!! Hope Carter's runny nose clears up soon and that Cade doesn't get any worse.

Thanks for all of your kind words, girls. I really appreciate them , as I find it hard to talk out loud to people about how flat I'm really feeling (except DH, poor buggar). Very emotional today. I ended up being quite sick in the night so at 3am we decided DH would stay home so I could go to the GP and so DH would be here to drive me to the ob (it's 20 mins and I'm really woozy in the head). I was fortunate to get into the dr early this morning. The great news is there is no infection left. I was so relieved as I was dreading anitbiotics. The reason I'm having all of the pain, dizziness and nausea is that the tubes behind my ears and into my sinuses are completely blocked. So I have a nasal spray (that cost $30) to use for 2 weeks. It wasn't her first choice - steroid ones are more effective but are no good when pg. Even after one spray it feels clearer. It could take days and days for me to actually feel any better, though.

This is why I'm so flat. We were supposed to babysit our friends kids tonight (from 3pm - 8:30pm) as they are both teachers and have parent interviews. It's been booked in for weeks. It would have been fine except DH has district soccer trials this arvo (he is the coach) so I would have been on my own with 3 kids under 4 until 6pm. I just feel so ill I can't cope with it. Anyway, some other mates of ours have taken the kids and it's all fine - I just hate letting people down and feeling like a useless hypochondriac - it really messes with my headspace. So I'm sitting here howling like a psycho and wondering if my brain-space is going to improve before this baby is born.

On a brighter note, I am 32 weeks and 4 days and measuring 32 weeks. My ob is really happy and says things are looking very positive for a natural labour (ie- no induction) as I'm progressing better than last time. It's something great to focus on.

Sorry about my constant ramblings. I'm normally very upbeat lol!!!!!! I think that's why I find this so hard.
    Last edited by teenie; 31-03-2009 at 16:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, just popping in for a quick update.

We are all doing fine and Reece is eating normally again. I am trying to fatten him up as he weighs under 12kgs.
    I am also doing WW and that seems to be going well, my weigh in day is tomorrow and I lost a kilo last week.
    The house is coming along well, some of you may have seen the photos on FB. The windows went in yesterday but there are a few things wrong so far. The supervisor has been made aware and seems to be dealing with things well.

Alex is 14 weeks old and getting to be a big chubba bubba. He is quite a character and I think he will be more head strong than his brother. He can also manage sitting in the bumbo seat now too. He has cut out a feed so now has 4 bottles a day and sleeps for about 11 hours straight at night. We all get up around 9am which is heaven (except for DH of course )

I'll be back later to catch up properly as Alex is demanding a feed, then we are going for a drive to the block to see if they have done anymore today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Be back in a bit...

Tina, pm me your email addy

Lisa, emailing you now with it...

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Britt - ta for the potty info!!! I've only skimmed it but it seems quite labour-intensive (how lazy do I sound lol). I'm still quite concerned about Jude flipping out when he wets his undies...I can't see that changing with doing that program...I think he'd be so distraught. Ugh, it's all too hard. He's doing well weeing on the potty a few times a day but as for ditching the nappies - I'm a bit scared!!! Maybe I'll do it properly (as per the email) later in the year. Cop out!!!

Hels - just wanted to let you know that Jude only weighs 12.5kg and he's 32 months. He is short for his age (5th percentile) but DHs family are tiny people so he'll be lucky to have much height (DH is the tallest by far in his family - he and I are the same height - 170cm). He's in proportion (is 5th percentile for weight, too) and is as strong as an ox. He eats really well, though (not sure what the story is with Reece?). Some days he eats more than me lol. I really have no idea where he puts it. I just think some kids are littler than others iykwim? Anyway, just wanted to let you know.

Haylie - it's interesting what you said about your DH's work hours. Having him around on some weekdays would be great. DH and I often lament that teaching is an underpaid job but the hours and holidays are fantastic when you have a young family. There are pros and cons to everything!

AFM - sitting here with garlic oil and cotton wool in my ear - it is hurting quite a lot today. Jude is with MIL so I was SO looking foward to having a sleep from say, 12 - 1pm. Yeah, right! The baby had other ideas. It WOULD NOT let me lay down, in any position, whatsoever. It was kicking me so hard I just had to get up. So I sat on the couch and read my book - still resting - but not much needed sleep!!!!! I'm off to see Chicago tonight, so will be a late one. Still feeling unwell so not sure if going out is the best plan but I think it will be good for my headspace. Honestly, Friday afternoon can not come quick enough.

Right, I must get to work.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you believe it, both boys are asleep at the same time I tried to nap too but can't so thought I come say hello.

Thanks for your experience's re self settling. I don't want to let Cooper cry so I just wrap him and put him into his bed tired but awake then wait, sometimes he'll drop off and sometimes he'll fuss. So then I go in and cuddle or feed him to sleep He had a 2hr sleep this morning which was awesome, gave me time with just Lachlan.

Lachlan is so tiring atm, he whinges constantly . Am pretty sure it is from his molars, plus a new bub and the terrible two's but still it wears thin after a long day so I end up snapping at him which I hate. Grr, hurry up teeth.

The photo shot was interesting. Lachlan did not want to participate which I did expect and wasn't too concerned about as really I only wanted one nice shot of Cooper for his twinkle toes. I just used the free voucher for portrait place from the bounty bag and went in not planning of spending much money, am very good at saying 'No' plus would rather spend the money on a real photographer a little later down the track. Am hoping to get some good shots done in 5wks at my sister's wedding as I'm BM and lachlan is page boy so we'll be all dressed up plus the photographer is my best friends bro so I know he'll take the time to get a couple of good ones.

Have a good April Fool's Day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all!

I just love thursdays...Carter in preschool and Im getting things done! Im losing my voice with all the yelling Ive been doing the last couple of days..Carter is just driving me up the wall...I know its because he is bored, but I cant entertain him all day, its a mudbath outside with all the rain we are getting, and with Cade so grizzly, we cant really go out anywhere. Poor thing. I dont want to yell, but Im trying to decrease the smacks (which dont happen often anyway), and timeouts just become screaming matches on both our parts. We'll get there eventually. The good news is that he has pooped in the toilet two days in a row (and then pooped again in his pants both times too, but hey, Im looking at the positive!), so Jonno is taking him to ToysRUs for a little treat like we promised. He was so proud of himself too...hopefully it becomes a trend!

We are unofficially pre-approved for a $285k loan (which will be $30k less with the FOHG and in-laws gift), so thats good to know..means a 4-bed house isnt out of our reach completely.

Haylie, how cute about Mason and the little girl holding hands! Carter and his cousin Xanthia hold hands all the time when hes over in NZ...and he holds Cades hand in the car. These lovely sensitive boys of ours! Bought some condoms today hah...we hate them too, but decided that was the best way to go during my fertile times. Problem is, it could be months before I get af, so Im afraid to bd without them beforehand in case I o before my first ppaf...I dont know if I want to risk it or not...did you get af??

Crystal, how is your day with Ethan at kindy? Are you getting some rest? Yeah, I love the babylegs too...am keeping an eye out for some sales to get some more, cause they are just too cute. And I fear Jonno will be the same...he will rather risk it condom-free than use them, hah...but I want to give myself a few months at least before we get to that stage!

See you again soon Mel when you get back online! We will prob have a few days without it as well as our current provider is upping their rates and so we are switching. Such a pain!

Lisa, I agree you will sell stuff at market! Your stuff is too cute not to! Im up for wherever for dinner, whatever is easiest for you girls, so have a think of the best option and we will go from there...

Tina, yeah, we wanted to do that TT program, but just kept putting it off until we had no more help with it, so decided not to. Will have to suck it up soon with nighttimes tho, ugh. How are you feeling today? Great news there is no infection left and hopefully the spray is continuing to work unblock things. How was Chicago?

Hels, 11 hours! I doubt Cade will do that anytime soon, and even if he did, Carter certainly wouldnt hah! Lucky you! The house really is coming along, hey? So exciting!

Teal, poor little Lachlan...teething is no fun! We too are looking at getting proper photos done in a few months' time, but finding a decent photographer that isnt going to charge through the nose for prints is proving very difficult. Im thinking of going with one who gives all originals (on CD) for $1000...saves a lot in the long run I reckon.

Hi to all else!

Well both boys are definitely sick and Cade was up a lot last night because of it, grrr. Im not too worried about whooping cough (despite being exposed to thousands of people over the weekend) as Carter has it as well and has had his vax for it, so Im assuming they both just have the same bug. Dog is driving me nuts pooping and peeing in the house...the rain always gets her out of sorts. The house reeks because of her, and I bought some odour-killer stuff to wash her bedding in and sprinkle on the carpet, so Im excited to use it, hah. Have to get her groomed shortly as well as I dont have the time or patience to do it myself just yet...

Well, off to take a snooze while Cade is sleeping, then will get into it.

Have a great day!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi girls

Happy 12 weeks to Layla!

Quiet day here today as Mason is at daycare. I had a nice long nap which was much needed, I just can't switch of at night for some reason and lay there staring at the ceiling until after midnight. Today I looked in my mouth because a tooth felt funny and there is a massive big hole in it I have never had anything like that before, my teeth have always been perfect. So I guess I will need to go see a dentist (haven't been since school )... I'm assuming I'll need a filling? How much do they cost? We don't have any extras on our private health and its a loooooong wait through the public system. Argh! This is the last thing we need right now...

Also- did any of you get the cervical cancer vaccine?? I think I am past the cut off to get it for free (I am 26 next month) and would probably rather wait until after we have the next baby as I think its a few needles spaced over a period of time??

And one more Q- I got Mason some Omega3 Fish Oil tablets- do any of you give yours anything like this or any vitamins?

Mel- Jasper is growing so much!! Well done boobies

Britt- nope no sign of AF yet although I've had cramping for a couple of days. I am definately not pregnant so maybe I didn't O when I thought I did. Which is a bugger because I was quite excited at the possibility that my LP was going to be normal. I know what you mean about yelling all day, some days its the same here. The daycare director lives right behind us and I often wonder what she thinks of our parenting I hope your boys get better soon xo

Tina- great news about bub measuring right! One more sleep till holidays for you and then you can relax and take it easy Are you going to do a nursery or wait to see whether you have a boy or a girl? (and do you have any bets on what you are having?). Try not to feel bad about not being able to look after your friends kids, I'm sure they completely understand. You have to put your health first

Teal- Mason would not cooperate for our photo shoot either, but like you I only needed one good one for the twinkle toes. She only got it because she pointed out the window at something and quickly took the photo while he looked up. I wasn't overly impressed with the photos we got but they only cost $50 for the CD (she is starting out and hasn't done a course or anything so its more a hobby than a business) and I got what I needed.

Lisa- are you due to O around now? Good luck at the markets on saturday, I bet you'll sell out!

Crystal- I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the nursery! What is the canvas you are doing?

Hels- Reece doesn't look too skinny in the photos I've seen- is he short or tall for his age? Mason is very tall and weighs about 14.5-15kg (depends what scales we use LOL) but I think he's a bit older than Reece. Mason looks chubby with clothes on because of his massive cheeks but underneath all that he is very skinny, sometimes I think he's too skinny. But then I was very thin when I was little and I'm certainly not small now haha. I think Mason is going to be a big boy when he grows up but Layla will be much smaller. She's not yet 5kgs at 3 months lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening all.

Chicago was amazing! I just loved it. It was so simple, understated and effective. I'm so glad I went. It was a late night but well worth it and was great to hang out with the girls.

Britt - yay for Carter pooing on the loo!! That is great progress. Ahh, the TT thing is such a joy. I just feel so unmotivated about it. I think it's because i know that Jude really isn't ready...he'll give it a cursory go but I think it will be a while before we really do it properly. All in good time...

Haylie - I know everything about dentists at the mo lol (I wish I didn't). A standard filling will cost a couple of hundred $. It depends on the severity...and if they need to xray etc. I would advise getting onto it, though - you don't want to end up with a stuffed nerve like mine, because that is mega bucks. I haven't had the cervical cancer vaccine - I was too ooolllddd for the free one lol (I'm going to be 32 in July). Don't really know what the story is there in terms of the age cutoff etc. Sorry, not much help. As for the vitamins - we don't give Jude any. He eats a varied diet (including fish) so I haven't really given it much thought. He rarely gets sick, either, but if he was coming down with things more often I might consider it. What made you decide to get them for Mason?

Teal - I'm hearing you on the whinging. Jude is really whingy in the mornings recently. And CLINGY. It's doing my head in. Can you explain the Twinkle Toes thing for me? I think I know what it is but where does the photo go?

I'm trying to only think positive thoughts today so therefore I'm not going to write much about my day. Tomorrow will be better. The weather is insane here - it hasn't stopped raining for one single minute all day. Cabin fever central. I hope it eases a bit tomorrow or Jude and I might go a bit barmy.

Have a great sleep, everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haylie - re the nursery...this bub will pretty much get what Jude had...not much to it really. DH is going to make some more wall hangings after bub is born (waiting to find out the sex). The other furniture is all unisex. We need to buy a blockout curtain, though, which I'm in a quandry about as if it's a girl a nice mauve would look good...not much good for a boy. Ideally I'd like to have that sorted, though, before bub comes, so not too sure what to do there!!!