ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning girls!

Welll Jared had the last week off and we got the nursery all done! Just putting freshly washed clothes away and starting my canvas soon!

I have been MIA for awhile now, things have just not been good. Ethan is @ a stage where I find myself in tears most days over him. He has learned to climb his safety gates, so I can't even take a shower while Jared is @ work. That means no break for me. No naps for Ethan, and just no rest. It doesn't help that I am super hormonal and a few weeks away from having another. I freak out and worry that there is no way I am going to cope. So I have been distancing myself and not wanting to fill this thread with "woe is me" crap.

Pregnancy is good though-not sleeping @ night but that is no surprise right? Starting taking EPO and planning to start acupuncture @ 37 weeks. We want to try to have him around 38 week so hopefully he is cooperative!

I have been talking to MIL on msn and now I am in tears. She really pushes my buttons. When I try to explain to her that they need to make more of an effort to spend time with Ethan, she turns it on me and says I need to make more friends so that I have more help. GAH! She just doesn't get it!

Britt--sounds like you have been BUSY chook! Bet the conference was great and the recording is awesome!! Is this Carters 2nd week @ child care?

Haylie--Yay for Layla and her long sleep!! Ethan spent the morning watching Aladdin--it's our new favorite. He wakes up between 4:30 and 5:30 now, so I try to doze on the couch. But this morning he decided to drink dishwashing detergent! BOYS!!

Tina--LOVE the rug! And I hear ya on the root canal! I had one done a few years ago and it was awful! I hated it! I have a hole in one tooth that is needing to be filled, so will do that after the baby.

Teal-Yay for puppies! BOO for MILs who think they can just invite themselves over. I have laid down the law with mine and she has to text or ring me before she comes to visit even just for an hour. I cannot stand it when she catches me with a messy house or still in my jammies. She gets SUPER judgemental!

Lisa--you are super creative! Love all of your cards! Good luck on your next round of clomid! I am soo cheering for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow, sounds like some squishy hugs are needed in here atm!

Britt - SOrry to hear you had such a bad weekend. Sounds like you had everything to do and everything go wrong. Hopefully you can have a quiet week this week and recover from it all and regroup a bit. Fingers crossed the boys dont get sick, or you for that matter! Thanks about the cards, will be interesting to see how they go. Dandenong North isnt too far from my side of town, probably half hour. But your probably going to get a good deal staying in the city, You could check out what accom there is in Dandenong? Let me know if I can help out at all. Also we should arrange a dinner one night.

Haylie - Go Layla! Thats great that she is sleeping a lot for you, fingers crossed Mason is back to his normal self soon. How scarey with the straw up the nose! I think I would of freaked out. Lucky you noticed it htough.

Crystal - , sounds like you are having a tough time with Ethan, its so hard and frustrating when they get into anything and everything . Hopefully he is good for his mum soon.

Tina - Braxton Hicks sound painful, I must say I never had them when I was PG with sarah, just felt normal everyday! apart from tiredness lol.

Well I am thinking about giving this toilet training a good go... just been to mothers group and a few of them have just done it cold turkey, no nappy just knickers and clean up the mess.... I just dont know if Sarah is ready for it or not... so I might start that over the next few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry about the upcoming *me* post...

My ear has gone to the pack again. It was feeling so much better (along with the rest of me) and then this morning I wake up and it's aching, popping and I feel rotten. It got so bad I rang DH at 10am to see if he could arrange to come home. Fortunately he could. So we ear candled, put garlic oil in and I took a heat pack to bed. It's aching a lot less now, but I still feel really sick. Why can't I shake this!!!??? I know i'm pg, but normally my immune system is really good. I was already booked in for massage this arvo which hopefully will help as the right side of my neck and shoulder is all jammed (it is also the right ear) and then I'm going to the chiropractor afterwards. I'm just in the worst headspace. I think burning the candle at both ends has well and truly caught up with me...

BBL for personals...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teens - big BIG . Stupid Ear!!! I'm glad your DH managed to come home and really hope the massage and chiro help this arv. Nearly holidays and then only one week of work after that. You've done so well to work for so long and I know it's not really by choice but still well done.

Lisa - Interesting idea going cold turkey, I think I would hate the mess but possibly that is because Lachlan is def not ready. Let us know how you go.

Crystal - for you too. Thank goodness for DVD's, not that they just sit still and watch them but it does distraction from mischief sometimes. Hoping the Easter Bunny bring you a bubby boy instead of Eggs, is so close now!!

Britt - Well done for getting through your crazy few days, a few tears is definitely understandable. I really hope the boys dont get sick on you.

Haylie - poor Mason, hopefully he learnt his lesson. Well done to Layla for sleeping so great, is such a pitty Mason doesn't let you get those couple of extra hours too. Am healing pretty well I think, lots better than I expected especially considering how sore I was for a while. Go back for my 6wk check next week so dreading that. DH mentioned DTD last night and I laughed at him Am not that brave yet.

Have a question about putting your bubs to bed, do you put them down awake and let them self settle? Or do you put them down asleep?

Am having trouble getting Cooper to self settle but if I put him to bed asleep he only sleeps for one cycle, so he is getting overtired most days, which is not fun.
    Last edited by Two in Blue; 30-03-2009 at 14:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teal - we were shockers for cuddling Jude to sleep. We did it for ages. He always slept well, though, so maybe the self-settling is worth a try? Thanks for the hugs, they are gratefully received right now!

Haylie - do you mind me asking what your DH does? Obviously he's a shift worker. That's great about Layla's sleeping!!! Now Mason just has to get in sync with her and all will be awesome! I really hope it happens for you.

Lisa - good on you for thinking of the toilet training. We are putting Jude on the potty through the day, but not in undies yet (still gets devastated when he wets). Tonight was a winner, though, because we put him on, he did a wee, then ran around in the nud for a while. All of a sudden he stopped, looked at me and said, "More wee, Mummy, Jude going to the potty" and ran in there and did more. That's certainly a breakthrough for him but we're not going hard core as the baby will be here before we know it and I truly can't be bothered with it then...unless he just sorts it out himself.

Britt - oh you must be exhausted . You are super woman in my eyes!!! Let me know what the album is called when it comes out - I'm assuming it's Hillsong - I have quite a lot of them. Hope the boys bounce back from their colds.

Crystal - so nice to hear from you - I've been thinking of you a lot. Come in here and whinge anytime (I've been doing a lot of it lately lol). Ugh, things are tough for you at the moment. And grrrr to your MIL for being so clueless. Does she live nearby? If so she should be pushing up her shirtsleeves and helping you out.

AFM - I've been for my massage and to the chiro. The massage was great - the right side of my neck was as congested as I think it's ever been. The pain in my ear reduced after the massage, so all of that stiffness wasn't helping. I still feel very ordinary and the ear is still blocked, painful and popping. I'm so frustrated. It's holidays on Friday! Nothing like falling at the last hurdle. I have my ob appt tomorrow. My lovely friend who holds our mothers group at her house each Tues is always saying I should leave Jude with her when I go to my ob appts (they're always Tues mornings) but I've never taken her up on it. Well, tomorrow I am. It's such a mission to get there as it is, so it will be much easier without him. DH is relieved as he was making noises about staying home tomorrow but now that he knows I'm going to the appt without Jude he's happier. Plus he doesn't have to teach until period 2 tomorrow so he's going in late to help me out in the morning. Sigh. Nothing like feeling completely useless.

As for photobucket - I logged back in today and the photo is there - it's not cut in half anymore but was still sideways. So I went into 'edit' and turned it around but it won't save in the correct position!!!! I'm not giving up yet - maybe I'll get it posted before the baby is born...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello!

Teal- sometimes we put Layla in her bassinette awake, sometimes she is asleep. Usually she is pretty good and drifts off to sleep on her own, although if I ever want to sleep when she does she will choose that nap to be a shocker to get to sleep I never let her cry, if she is upset I take her out and see whats wrong but often she just wants cuddles. For what its worth, Layla was a terrible sleeper during the day up until a couple of weeks ago. Some days she would not sleep AT ALL and other days she would only sleep in the ergo. So Cooper might get better at self settling over time and will have longer naps. Layla will have at least one 3-4 hour nap during the day as well as little naps here and there. She wakes a few times during those big naps but just stirs and then puts herself back to sleep. Do you wrap him? I think Layla already associates being wrapped with sleep.

Tina- huge hugs How long do you have off over the holidays? Perhaps once you get a chance to rest properly you will be able to shake it and get back on top of things. Well done Jude on the potty training! My DH is a tanner, he works for a leather company and does the chemical side of things. He works 12 hour shifts- 2 day shifts, 2 night shifts and then has 4 days off. Really its only 3 days off because he sleeps the whole first day as he only gets home at 5am that morning and is buggered. He often gets sunday's off (but still gets paid) if he is rostered on for then so it works out that we get a lot of time with him at home. I used to hate it and wish that he had a normal mon-fri job but now I realise how good it is to have him here during the week for things like Dr appointments etc. He has never missed an u/s or anything like that because we always schedule these things on days that he will be home. It works well for us, although I think it is the reason that he is so tired and rundown all the time.

Lisa- good luck with the TTing, let us know how it goes. We have gone backwards- Mason now refuses undies and insists on a nappy. He will get so distraught if we suggest undies. It's weird because he wears them all day at daycare and never has an accident

Crystal- sorry to hear you are having such a rough time of things It sounds like things are very full on there atm with Ethan but hopefully it is just a stage. I remember when I was preg bawling my eyes out one night to DH saying there was no way I would cope with Mason as well as a baby because he was so full on- but I am actually finding it easier now she is here. I think the hormones, being so big and uncomfortable, and lack of decent sleep really wipe you out. Come in here and vent anytime you want

Us- kindy day tomorrow thank god. I feel so unmotivated with everything lately and just want a day to do nothing. I think knowing that we are moving sometime soon is making me so slack around the house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls!

Whoohoo, two days in a row!

Well, I cant seem to get Cade to sleep more than 5 hours in a row. Im not complaining per se as I know there are others worse off, but I would love to get that 6-7 hour stint back. Just weighed him: 5.57kg, so 100g gain from last Thurs...not very much. But he has been chucking heaps this week and my milk hasnt been the greatest between all the running around and getting dehydrated, so am baking more lactation cookies today and am guzzling water like mad. He was really grizzly yesterday, not letting me leave his sight, so am hoping today is better. He is a bit sniffly and had some mucous in his spit up yesterday, but otherwise seems fine. Carter has a full on runny nose etc. The dog is back to driving me insane...she has taken to scooting her butt along the floor recently...not sure why...she shouldnt have worms. Anyway.

Before I forget, here are some recent pics (forgive me facebook friends as these are already up on my page):

Brothers
    Speed bump (taken with phone camera)
    Smiles (taken with phone camera)
    Babylegs (thanks Crystal!)
    Mini-me Jonno
    Couldnt resist
    Tragic
    Bright-eyed

Oh Haylie, Im so the same with the motivation, or lack thereof...and sadly, my thinking is the same...we are moving soon. Thing is, we dont even have a house yet, so it could be another year or so before we move. Shocking. Hope you enjoy your day without the munchkin today!

Crystal, lovely. Im so sorry I havent been much of a friend lately with all thats been going on. You know my thoughts on MIL..she will probably never change, so the trick is to not let her get to you, and thats easier said than done I know. With Ethan, I was thinking this morning...could changing his diet help maybe? Ive heard countless stories of parents who have cut out certain preservatives etc from their kids diets and have seen 100% improvement. Might be worth a think anyway. Where are the pics of the nursery??? Not long to go now...Am I your announcement buddy??

Lisa, yeah, I think we will stay in the city, or near abouts as there are better deals there than in Dandenong. But we will have the car of course and can travel wherever to meet up with you girls. Theres a house in south Melbourne that I love for $120 a night, so am looking into that at the moment. Hotels/motels etc charge extra for kids, if they allow more than 2 people in the room at all, so it ends up costing more which is why I have started looking at houses/apartments on stayz. Will keep you posted. Where should we all meet for dinner? The only place I know of is an amazing mexican restaurant in the city, but thats it, so you, Sarah, Debi and Hels (???) will need to suggest somewhere. Cant wait! I hope you all like me haha...TTing, well the plan that Crystal sent me is supposed to be really good if you have 3 days to spend 100% on Sarah and have some help on hand...Im sure she can email it to you or I can...

Tina, well done to Jude!! Its a shame to hear your ear is still acting up . I agree that holidays might be all you need to completely recover without other things to worry about. Good luck at your OB appt today!

Teal, we do a mixture with Cade...sometimes he cries to be held while he falls asleep, and sometimes he just drifts off by himself. I dont really let them learn to self settle until they are older, but thats my own personal thing. I think you have to do what works for you and Cooper

So, as embarassing as it is, dh and I havent bd'd since having Cade (well, my incision only fully healed a couple of weeks ago), and now we are talking about it (as much as I dont feel like it at all!), we're trying to decide what to use for contraception. We havent had to think about it for years now hah. I dont want to go on the pill for fear of screwing up my already erradic hormones, and I dont necessarily agree with an IUD (ethical debate about causing early abortion, etc), so I think we will be condom-ing during fertile times. I doubt we would fall pg easily anyway, but I def dont want to get pg now anyway, so wont take the chance I dont think.

Ok, well thas it from me for now...need to get stuff done around the house today..sigh.

Have a great one ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morningv

Took Mason to daycare this morning- as I was leaving I looked back to see him holding hands with a little girl. She was helping him balance on the little log they have there for them to walk along. So cute!

Britt- gorgeous photos, I absolutely love the one of Cade in the guitar case with that cute little outfit on. Good idea about the condoms. I am just going to have to avoid fertile times altogether for a little while because DH hates condoms (so do I) and he is very keen to be TTCing so isn't that interested in the contraception discussion I am happy to report that if I ovulated when I think I did, I am currently 13dpo with no spotting or AF which means my LP is MUCH better Absolutely zero chance of being pregnant so if I don't get AF then I will know I didn't ovulate.

Layla and I are flying to Darwin for easter long weekend My sister has never met Layla so it will be wonderful for them to meet. I feel bad leaving Mason for easter but I'll admit that I am looking forward to a few days without him and won't really have to do much with Layla as my sister will hog her lol. It will be a good break. My sister & BIL are currently TTC their first child and she has the exact same problems I had- she's only done one full cycle but it took her 2.5 months to ovulate and then her AF arrived a week later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks girls! It has really been rough. Ethan is back @ kindy today so hoping to just enjoy the peace, do some laundry and wait for my nappies to arrive! Will take photos of the nursery one day soon I promise!!

Haylie--thanks for the encouragement. I know I can do 2 when it comes down to it, but atm he just pushes me so much. It's the fact that he doesn't listen, runs from me when I try to deal with him and that I have NO place to keep him when I just need to go to the bathroom! Gah!

Tina--MiL lives 10 minutes up the road. She cleans houses 2 days a week but other than that doesn't work. She never offers to help, never calls to see Ethan and if we ask her to look after him even just for a few hours so we can have dinner together it is like a chore. Yesterday I finaly told her that we are sick to death of the ball always being in our court and that we were done. If they want to see him they need to make an effort. Not sure how that will go over!

Thanks Teal--were hoping for a little bubba instead of eggs too! Hope you find something that works for you all with Cooper and sleeping. We had to settle Ethan for the first few weeks (like 6-8) and then he started settling himself.

Lisa--
    hoping Ethan is good for me soon too! I have found it so emotionally draining as well. Even just the fact that I hate yelling or raising my voice @ him. We watch DVD's together and when I doze off he does something naughty. For instance, on Monday he drank dish washing liquid!! I am hoping the baby mellows him more so than riles him up.

Britt--I hear ya on the contraception thing! We have been talking it over for months actually! Came to the conclusion that condoms or withdrawl method is our best bet. More so condoms as w/d method still has a chance of conception. We HATE condoms and eventually will get to a place where we stop using them and risk it. Trust me, I know my husband well enough to predict that.

With Ethan's diet, we are pretty preservative free (with the exception of fast food occasionally and some quick things) But might look into it further.

And yes you're my sms buddy for birth! Trust me you'll be getting hourly updates!
    BTW-LOVE the baby legs on Cade! So cute! Glad I picked those! (well Ethan picked them)!

Thanks for being so amazingly supportive and encouraging girls! I am sorry I doubted your ability to cope with my whinging and selfishness

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hey girls just a quickie..at the shops, got no net at home til wednesday next week..did the change from telstra to optus but have to wait a week for connection

just wanted to sy hi, i miss you all and our chats..hope youre all well xx

oh had our 2 month vaccinations this morning!! baby jasper is growing so fast! 60cm long and 6kgs!!

ok, mut be off 10 mins goes so fast on a slow computer!

love to all see u next week!