+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning,

Tina - the rug looks great. I had a picture in my head of the whole rug being knotted and could not workout how you would do it. But totally get it now Looks nice and cuddly for winter. Sorry to hear about your tooth again, I think a 2nd opinion is a very good idea. Yep my Mum did stay thankfully, as I've gotten heaps of stuff done while she's been here. She's just counselling my sis over the phone as she had a couple back when she was TCC so can speak from experience which helps.

We just put some lamb shanks in the slow cooker for dinner, first time cooking them so hoping they turn out yum! It's our show holiday here today so not much happening, DH is working though so yay for penalty rates.

Oh and some exciting news we are expecting pups in about 3-4wks time Yay, will make my life crazy for about 8wks but so worth it.

Can you believe my bubba is 4wks already? It's going too fast! Have their photo shoot in the morning which mum is coming too then she heads back home so we get the weekend to ourselves.
    Last edited by Two in Blue; 26-03-2009 at 10:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi girls

Just a quick one as we are all going for a nap once Layla finishes her bottle...

Had a crazy day yesterday. We went back to the zoo but at 1pm Mason had a complete meltdown. OMG this is the worst he has EVER been in public- he was screaming uncontrollably and throwing himself around. Wouldn't walk, wouldn't go in the pram. We had to leave then and there and DH carried him out to the car kicking and screaming. I am actually suprised that noone stopped us to check that we weren't stealing him, that's how bad he was! He was asleep in the car before we even got out of the carpark so I would say it was over-tiredness. We had a quick look at sunshine plaza and then we headed home. Didn't get back until after 7:30pm and by the time we sorted the kids out, fed Layla and had something to eat we fell into bed about 10:30pm. Very tired today!

I thought we had Layla's chn appointment today but turns out it was meant to be on monday Oops.

DH is going into work for a few hours this afternoon and I am just resting while Mason is at daycare. I have a terrible headache which I think is due to lack of sleep catching up on me, and getting too much sun yesterday.

Will be back later for some personals

Thanks
    Reviews
    So quiet, hope all is well Ladies.

Haylie - Poor you with Mason tantrum at the Zoo, he must have been so tired. Did you manage a rest yesterday?

So much for getting the weekend to ourselves MIL has invited herself up and is staying tonight, grr. Not a big fan of her, but can't really say no considering we had my Mum here all week . Worked out last night that out of the next 6wks we have visitors for almost 3! Crazy, but oh well most of them are helpful ones so it will be okay.

Almost April already which means almost time for some knew bubbas It's getting close now girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bubhub has been freaking out on me. It has been SOOOO slow that yesterday I gave up and now I've been opening it and going off to do other jobs while I wait. Every other site I go on is fine, which makes me think it's not our broadband...interesting.

No-one has been in here much anyway!!! Hope you are all ok.

Teal - hope the visit with your MIL is ok. Does she help out or is she just a hinderance?

Haylie - sorry to hear about the zoo fiasco. That must have been stressful.

Went to the dentist yesterday. I was very impressed with him, but unimpressed with the verdict - I have to get a root canal and crown after the baby is born. I just KNEW the tooth was stuffed. He's already drilled half of the nerve out and put a temporary filling over he top. It is testament to how tired I am that I was nearly falling asleep through the 40 mins of drilling. It's going to cost over $2000. There goes Mr Rudd's money.

Mum's visit was good. She did some jobs for me but mostly just entertained Jude so I could rest and get some much needed work done. She went home this morning.

I'm going to out to dinner with the girls tonight for my mates birthday (she loved the rug, BTW). I had a 2 hour sleep this arvo so might actually be in decent form. Jude and DH are still in bed - they are awake but taking forever to get up. We obviously all needed a big rest.

Hope you're all ok and having a good weekend. BTW, I'm 32 weeks today, so will have to take another pic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Morning Ladies,

Haylie - You poor thing about the tantrums at the zoo.... its just not nice is it. Sarah is going through a stage atm where she is crying and whinging all the time for no reason - and their is no reasoning with her!

Tina - Sounds like your mums stay was very productive for you. Sorry to hear about your tooth - how frustrating for you.

Teal - Wow half the time with visitors! thats full on. Hopefully you get some much needed family time with just the 4 of you soon.

AFM - Day 2 of my very very last cycle of clomid... not sure where to after that if this one doesnt work! Still busy making craft stuff. Have gotten into Shrinky Dinks making earings and then attaching some to my greeting cards so a semi gift/card iykwim! Hardest thing is working out what price to charge! I also got to meet another bub hubber this weekend - SammiAnn. Some of you will know her from the BFP club thread. She is absolutely lovely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

I have been unable to get onto bubhub the last few days. Same as you Tina, soooooo painfully slow and apparently a lot of people had the same trouble. It'd take me 10 mins to log in and by then I'd given up...

Lisa- I am keeping absolutely everything crossed for you this cycle. I got Layla on my 6th clomid cycle so there is definately hope that you will get it on your last try. It sounds like things are really coming along well with your business! And I am very jealous you got to meet SammiAnn, she seems so lovely online.

Tina- sorry to hear your tooth will need so much work. I don't even know what a root canal is? I hope you enjoyed your dinner out with friends. Can't believe you are 32 weeks already, your bub will be here before we know it!

Teal- grr at visitors! Though it will be good if they are helpful. How is everything healing after the birth?

Had a good night with Layla- she slept through till 5am, I have been putting her dummy back in and she will usually sleep for another hour but this morning I also re-wrapped her because it was cold. She slept through till 7:30am And she went to bed at 8:30pm so that is 11 hours! I am very suprised she is sleeping this long at only 11 weeks but I am definately not complaining. She has been feeding heaps late afternoon/early evening which I think makes up for not feeding through the night. A couple of times we got up to go to the loo and it woke her enough to make her stir so I think she would sleep more solidly in her own room but I am not ready for that yet

Now if we could just get Mason to sleep in past 5 we would be back to normal

I did my first trip to the shopping centre by myself with them both on friday after mothers group. It went ok but its a bit of a struggle. I think I find it so difficult because it's a 40 min drive home, its not like I can jump in the car and be home in 5 mins to deal with them there if things go pear shaped. So I have to time feeds well, and once Mason starts wearing undies out I will also have to time the wee stops well also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    p.s had a bit of an incident this morning. Mason has taken to shoving the straw from his drink bottle up his nose instead of drinking from it. This morning he came running out to us crying with his finger up his nose. I had a look in there and couldn't see anything but he kept whinging for awhile so I took him into the bathroom under the light and got him to tilt his head right back. I could see something in there so gently squeezed it out- it was the tip of the straw It must have broken off in there because he chews on the straw as well so it was probably already cracked. Very scary considering he had stuck his finger up there and shoved it so far up that I at first couldn't even see it So now he keeps pointing to his nose saying 'noooo'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grrrr photobucket is driving me nuts. I'm trying to upload my 32 week pic but it keeps turning it sideways and cutting half of it off. Any tips, ladies? I've logged out a few times and checked that the photo is in the correct format in My Pictures...don't know what else to do.

Had a lovely dinner last night. Thr birthday girl had a great time. The inlaws, DH and Jude went to Currumbin Sanctuary today. I stayed home (just not up for it). I at least cleaned the floors and toilets...exciting I know but very necessary!

Sorry for the TMI but the most full-on thing about today was that DH and I DTD this arvo, and afterwards my braxton hicks were so strong and regular it starting freaking me out. I actually had to stop what I was doing to deal with it for like, an hour. I just lay on my side on the couch and focussed on breathing. I get stacks of braxtons, some quite intense, but this was crazy. Ugh, now I'll be apprehensive to DTD (except right at the end lol) but the problem is I'M the one who gets antsy and wants it!!! Of course DH does too but he's quite willing to leave it - I'm the one who starts climbing the walls and can't sleep etc etc. What's with it? Anyway, the BHs settled down after a few hours. Mental.

Haylie - about the straw!!!! How did you get it out? My Mum told me once that her older sister put a pea up her nose and no-one knew until there was this bad smell - it had sprouted and was all mouldy!!!! Ugh!!! Hopefully Mason won't be putting anything up his nose again for a long while...

Lisa - Oh I have everything crossed for your last clomid cycle. Let this be the one.

everyone else - where are you all?

Ok, I've just checked photobucket and it's done it AGAIN!!!! Why would this one photo be stuffing up? Grrrr, I have no patience right now!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls! Long time, no talk! The last few days have been crazy busy, so Im sorry I havent been able to pop in...

How is everyone?

Teal, puppies, congrats! Have fun with that one hah! Hope you were able to have a quiet weekend with MIL there. How did the photo shoot go? When do you get the pics?

Lisa, your earring cards sound fantastic! Ill have to check them out...The wedding is in Dandenong North, but we arent fussed about where to stay...we have found a couple of good deals in Melbourne, so will probably stay there. Go last clomid cycle!!

Tina, the rug looks great!! So sorry to hear about your tooth, how annoying! We have extras cover on our health insurance so luckily our dental work gets covered, which is a good thing as Jonno has cavities every time we go in for a clean. Glad you had a good time at dinner...how have you been feeling? How has your ear been? Sorry I cant help with photobucket...sometimes it just wigs out. Did it resolve itself in the end? Im so jealous of your sex drive...mine isnt that great at the best of times, but non-existant during pregnancy and afterward, so we havent even thought about it, hah...

Haylie, oh dear about Masons tanty at the zoo...dont you just love this age?!? Well done going shopping with the both of them...Ill be doing that tomorrow. I totally understand about the commute...it takes us 30-40 minutes to get into church, the city, etc, so its never a quick trip anywhere. So yeah, timing feeds, naps, potty trips, etc...its all fun. Did Layla do a good sleep again for you last night? Im so jealous...Cade is still waking after 5 hours or so..Too funny about Masons straw incident...Carter has yet to shove anything up there...he is just intent on pulling stuff OUT, blech!

Hi to everyone else!!

So. Wed night we had album rehearsals, no dramas really. Thursday was HORRIBLE! From the time I woke up until the time I went to bed, it was laughably the worst day Ive had in years. One of those everything-goes-wrong-and-nothing-goes-to-plan kind of days. Not to mention it was also my OB appt, so had to rehash the details of Cades birth, get a pap smear, rush home to get ready and packed before the first night of Colour conference (our churchs womens conference...about 12000 women in attendance, so fun!), pick up Carter from preschool in the middle of a thunderstorm (which funnily disappeared as soon as I was done picking him up), race in to Jonnos work, go to the Entertainment Centre for registrations (long story), then finally start the night. Anyway, suffice it to say that in between all those activites were a lot of accidents, messes, tears (Teal, we all three were crying at one point, haha), etc. So, Friday was at conference all day (with both kids, ugh) as well as Saturday. Was back at the Entertainment Centre yesterday from 1pm onwards for album recording (which was amazing!), so I literally fell into bed each night...my house is feral, my children reek (Cade had a massive spew in the car yesterday that was so bad I thought he may have had gastro, so he still stinks big time from that), my eyes arent staying open very well, and it sounds like both boys are coming down with something. The parenting room was PACKED at conference with a lot of coughing babies...I tried steering clear as many of them as I could, but he was bound to get something...hopefully its just a cold. Cades weight on Thurs was 5.47kg, so almost another 300g from the previous Thurs! He is just growing like crazy...people cant believe he is only 7 weeks when I tell them hah. Anyway, all that to say its been a huge few days and Im so glad Im back to a normal Monday...Oh, and Carter pooped in the toilet this morning for a nice change, yay!!!

Ok, off to use the toilet...have a great day ladies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning!

Layla slept in until after 7 again this morning Mason of course still wakes at some ungodly hour, so if I can get that on track then we will be almost back to normal life again. He is now in the lounge room watching Nemo AGAIN- he watches it numerous times a day.

Tina- I had to press on his nose up the top to gently push the straw piece down and out. We still can't beleive he had it up there and I'm just so grateful I had a 2nd look because at first I couldn't see anything at all. Not sure about photobucket, it drives me insane some days because it randomly shuts my internet down. As for your BH's, I had that too when pregnant with Layla. One time we had to stop mid way through DTD because we honestly thought I was in labour I was probably only as far along as you are as well. I'm sure its all normal and all to do with your body getting ready for labour. You are lucky, I'm much the same as Britt and have negative sex drive while pregnant and it hasn't really improved since

Britt- oh my gosh how crazy has your life been the last few days!! I hope the boys get over their colds asap. YAY Carter for pooing in the toilet

Not much planned today, just catching up on housework and what not. DH has to work tonight so will be sleeping all afternoon.