+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Evening ladies,

Wow, what a day. After a really nice day with the kids and dog yesterday, today has been back to normal chaotic, tantrum-throwing, whining, non-stop arguing days. The dog was lovely for the 2nd day in a row though, so that was a nice change. Oi me. Anyway, so Jonno gets home and starts yelling at me for being irritated that he didnt do something he said he would do after I reminded him twice about it, argh! Yeah, just what I needed to contribute to my headache hon, thanks. So, Im glad Carter is almost in bed and bub is almost done eating and I can make myself something to eat for once and just unwind a bit. The house is still in a state and I really dont know when its going to get done...finding pockets of time in the day is getting harder and harder with Cade hardly sleeping and wanting to be entertained all the time...I swear he is going to be the social butterfly in the house...he gets mad when I leave the room and as soon as Im back in his line of sight, he smiles and continues talking...its hilarious. But, Ill figure it out...

So, we got a call from the agent saying our offer was accepted on the house we were looking at a couple of weeks ago...how ironic. We dont want it anymore after falling in love with this newest one, and yet there it is, dangling in front of our reach. But, we would be settling if we took it, so we continue to wait...Im still not convinced this house we love isnt fully off the market yet, but time will tell.

Tina, how lovely of your dh to take Jude off your hands! How is your ear today?

Teal, Im so sorry for your sisters loss. I hope she did ok today with the d&c, poor thing.

Hels, hope dh is feeling better and it didnt hit you or the boys, gastro sucks!

Haylie, Im glad you and dh worked things out..course, if you guys are anything like Jonno and I, you will argue, makeup and then watch the same thing happen further down the road, cause things dont get resolved...it drives me nuts! Jonno is a little selfish (as I think most everyone is at heart), but its mostly that he just doesnt think through things because he will never understand where I am coming from and vice versa. Ah well, I keep telling myself its a season, things will get easier eventually. How was the zoo? You get more pics?

On a side note, Sarah is fine, shes just had her hands full with Mia and any free time is spent trying to get things done, poor thing. So yeah, thats why she hasnt really popped in recently.

Crystal, hope today has been better lovely.

Ok, off to get something to eat...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Britt- sorry to hear you had a full on day. Some days its horrible, but other days everything runs smoothly Yes we are exactly the same, we make up but then it ends up back where we started within a few weeks anyway. But I think this time we have realised that we seriously need to change things because otherwise the children will start to be affected. We both agreed we need to overhaul our lives- be more organised, spend more one on one time with Mason, do more with the dogs etc etc. Hopefully it is a lasting change I'll be keeping everything crossed that the house you love is still a possibility. Thanks for the update on Sarah.

Us- had an ok day today, just did the washing and a few other things. We go to the zoo tomorrow so still need to pack everything for that.

Mason had a bad day at daycare and was very "hands-on" (their polite word for ROUGH). I cant help but think its because of all the fighting yesterday DH plays indoor volleyball on tuesday nights so Mason went with him to that and if it works well we will make it a weekly thing- a special big boy night out with daddy. FIL plays also so MIL will be there to help watch Mason. We need to do more activities with him and make him feel special. Layla got a doll today (one of those lamaze toys) and Mason totally cracked it when he saw it and kept taking it off her and throwing it across the room. I feel sooooo bad now. I didn't buy him a toy because he has so many already but in hindsight I should of gotten him something as well. I am really understanding the term 'mothers guilt' lately... I guess these are things we will learn from. Sigh. Being a mum is exhausting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ladies, I havent meant to be a stranger, somehow the new thread dropped off my subscriptions so I came to find you all!
    Hels – Yeah I knew you had a donor, but just think its interesting that the resemblance is so similar! Sorry to hear Alex has been crying a bit for you, you feel so helpless. Hope your DH is better soon.
    Tina – Thanks for your lovely comments on my website. I’ve been kept busy this week with making cards for people. I keep building my stocks up for the market and they keep depleting – guess that’s a good thing! Sorry to hear your feeling ill still. Hope you feel better soon.
    Teal – My little girl is the same, hates the car! Whats with that?? I just find it so stressful to go anywhere in the car with her unless I pump her with food lol. So sorry to hear about your sister, fingers crossed she gets her sticky bfp very soon.
    Haylie – Grr at your DH for taking time out! I hope he made up for it when he was out of the bath and that you are all starting to feel better. Thanks for thinking of me, you are sweet. Nope no BFP this cycle, AF arrived a couple of days early! But only 1 day of spotting which as to be a plus.
    Crystal – Sorry to hear things aren’t good there. I hope having Jared back has given you some much needed rest and peace.
    Britt – How frustrating about the house! Oh well, they say there is always something better around the corner. Maybe next one you see that’s suitable you and Jonno might put an offer in sooner. The right one IS out there hun.
    AFM - AF arrived today a couple of days earlier than she normally does, but hte good thing is that the spotting was only 24 hours this cycle Seems with each cycle of clomid it is dramatically reducing, but this will be my last cycle of clomid... so a new action plan will be needed if this doesnt work! Not much else happening here, gearing up for the market, Sarah has been sick again, 3rd cold and has been tired and restless, hoping she is on the mend now though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can hardly see straight as I've been working on the knotted rug for my friends birthday for nearly 2 hours. I think half an hour more and it will be done - no more tonight, though, I'm well over it.

Lisa - grrrrr to your AF. I feel so frustrated for you, I can't imagine how you are feeling. I hope the clomid is last time lucky.

Haylie - I hope you and your DH can sort things out. Some special time with Mason sounds like a great idea. There is no doubt that parenting is exhausting. My brother has 50/50 custody of his 7 year old daughter and I think he thought it was all going to be fun and frivolity. The reality it much, much different. I think you are doing a great job. Hang in there. It's bound to take Mason quite a while to adjust to Layla being a permanent fixture!!!

Britt - oh the house hunting saga continues! That certainly is ironic about the offer on the other house. I really admire the way you guys are sticking it out for the right place. I think that is really smart and will be awesome in the long run. Thanks for the update about Sarah.

Teal- I am so sorry to hear of your sisters miscarriage. Is it her 1st pregnancy? I hope the D&C went well today (as well as can be expected, anyway). Hugs to you and your family.

Went to playgroup this morning. It was good. Jude seems to be cutting another molar. I have to admit it's nice that he can actually tell me now that his tooth is hurting. I got to put my feet up today as he slept for over 2 hours. I dozed but didn't let myself fall completely asleep as when I do I'm basically comatose for the rest of the day lol. Still feel totally knackered but the ear has been a bit better today and I definitely haven't felt as sick. Hallelujah.

FIL started his radiation treatment today and it went well. Hopefully this will be a weight off MILs shoulders as he was as chirpy as ever tonight. Jude is spending the day with her tomorrow and we'll go there for dinner after work. (work - ugh, ugh, ugh - I CANNOT wait for the holidays).

Sleep well, everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls, will be back for personals, but wanted to let you know that we are officially coming down to Melbourne!!! So, for all of you down there, we MUST have a get-together! Ill be there 15th-16th May, so am free in the evenings if you want to do dinner (with or without kids)??? Let me know what you think...and if you can recommend anywhere good (and cheap) to stay...
    Yay! I cant wait to meet you girls face-to-face!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,

Had a crazy busy day yesterday. Took Cooper to a pead. chiropractor as I was pretty sure his neck or shoulder were out and making it hard for him to turn his head to attach for a feed. Was right his neck was out, he is much happier since it has been popped back in, so very glad i took him. Also got his twinkle toes done yesterday afternoon and he screamed the whole time. He was ready for a sleep and thought it was very rude to have someone fiddling with his hands and feet. Can't wait to get it back and compare it to Lachlan's.

My sis is going okay, was just frustrating as she'd had a scan at about 6.5wks and they could see the heartbeat so she was feeling pretty confident. She has PCOS so hoping it isn't too long and difficult til the next BFP. But her wedding is only 6wks away so at least she has something fun to focus on atm.

Britt - Am very jealous of you getting to go to Melb to meet the girls! Will be fab. Typical that your offer gets accepted once you decided it's not the house for you.

Haylie - I totally understand the new toy fight from yesterday, we had one too. Cooper was given a little toy for the car so I hung in on his carseat but Lachlan got in and cracked it cause he had played with it earlier in the day so now wanted it back, so I had to take it down and give it to him. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be the story of our lives for the next few yrs, them fighting over toys

Lisa - grr, sorry AF arrived. But here's some baby dust for your last clomid cycle.

Tina - Glad to hear FIL's treatment went okay, must be a tough time for the family. Could you post a pic of the knotted rug you've made? I can't get a picture in my mind of what it would look like.

And hi to Jo jump on in. Have you been getting much morning sickness with this pg?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Britt - That is fantastic news! How exciting. Would love to catch up for dinner - I wont bring my munchkin - too much hard work! Have put the dates down in my diary. Where abouts in Melbourne do you need to be located - maybe msn me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh poo, I'm so jealous - I want to come to Melbourne, too!!!! I'll only be 39 weeks pg then lol.

Teal - that certainly does sound like a crazy, busy day! We are big chiropractic believers here. Jude has been going since he was 4 days old. Same will go for this bub. I really hope and pray your sister won't have to wait too long for her next BFP. Did your Mum end up sticking around? BTW, I've taken some picks of the rug, so will post them soon (maybe tonight).

I just got the rug for my friend finished. Just in the nick of time! Had a busy day - Jude went to the grandies - so I got some work and house stuff done. Work was ok. It was better than last week, mind you last week I was in the throes of the ear infection, which i'm sure affected how I was handling things. We had dinner with the inlaws. FIL seems in great spirits, and MIL seems ok, too. So far, so good.

My Mum is coming tomorrow. It will be nice to see her. It's cute that Jude gets excited when she's coming to visit.

The one downer for the day is that some of the filling came away from my tooth - AGAIN. I am going to see a different dentist on Friday morning. I just want someone else's take on it. They booked me for a long appt so with any luck they'll do something then and there - with my Mum here it's a good opportunity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here are a couple of pics of the rug. The first shows how the edges are knotted:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/q...y/DSC08462.jpg

In this one I folded some of the rug in half so you can see the opposite plain side:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/q...y/DSC08465.jpg

It's made of polar fleece. So easy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tina - Sorry to hear about your tooth, gosh how annoying. Sounds like a 2nd opinion will be good. Your rug looks fantastic, great job!