+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Evening all,

Just had some friends around for a bbq - we asked them to be Georgette's Godparents - so it was a nice evening. I'm very tired but had a good day. Jude went to the Grandies so DH and I went shopping with Georgette (much, much quicker than when we have Jude with us!). We got a heap of things that we still had on our list, including some blockout curtains for Georgette's room (she won't be in there for a while, though!). They are a mint green colour with some white through them - hard to describe but really lovely. There is already a teal coloured wall in her room and it tones in really nicely. Now I just want to buy a pink lava lamp and that's it. Jude has a yellow one in his room and we read books by it every night - I love them.

Lisa- sorry to hear that Sarah is sick - ear infections are the pits. Hopefully it will clear up soon. I don't know if you're into natural therapies but when I had my ear infection a few months ago, garlic oil in the ear gave enormous relief. You just buy the garlic oil capsules at the chemist, pierce one and squeeze it in - put some cotton wool in for a while and that's it. My naturopath said it's an excellent remedy when kids have pain because the relief is quite instant. It's a bit stinky, though lol.

Haylie - I hope Layla's days improve for you soon. I think you've done so well with the breastfeeding. Just think of all the goodness she's got from it until now - there is no magic number of when to stop - and if she's less and less interested in it there's not much you can do about it. I know it's hard, though. I was really down for a while when Jude weaned - it's only natural to feel that way. Hope you have a nice night away - in your winter woolies! As for the nickname - we'll see what happens. I like George better than Georgie - but these things are hard to predict! My name is Kristina and I'm quite sure my parents had no intention of me being called Tina - it just happened in primary school!

Not much planned for the weekend (lots of rest, hopefully). Some mates from Brisbane are coming to visit tomorrow night which will be nice. We'll endeavour to get to church on Sunday as lots of people there will be dying to see Georgette. That's about it!

Hope you all have a great weekend. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks girls. I am happy to report that after my whinge, Layla had 2 x 2 hour sleeps yesterday afternoon & evening. I ended up having to wake her for a bottle before bedtime! She went to bed at about 9:30pm, came into bed with me at 5am as she woke cold, and is still in there at 8am I will probably wake her for a feed soon. I have so much to do today to pack & get ready to go away tonight (ugh, so much effort just for 1 night! Not even 24 hours lol). Also want to straighten my hair which is so thick & curly that it takes an hour.

The woman from the real estate never turned up yesterday afternoon. I am not happy with her..... only 3 more weeks left of dealing with her though. Well, technically 4, but we are hoping to have at least moved out in 3 weeks.

Tina- gosh you are doing so well to have friends over for a BBQ already! Well done Thanks for the hugs re the breastfeeding

Lisa- what did your temp do this morning? I hope there is no more spotting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Morning Ladies,

Tina - Sounds like your having a lovely time with your friends, so nice when your introducing your newest family member . Take some time out to rest today.

Haylie - How frustrating the Real Estate Agent never turned up grrr.... Enjoy your night away tonight. Temp recovered slightly today. Ive got a little bit of spotting so AF will probably arrive Tue/Wed.

Britt - Hope you are feeling better.

AFM - Sarah is a little better today, so hoping she is ok to go to my mums for the night as we are off to the movies and dinner . So a quiet day planned till then.
    Last edited by Craftymum; 23-05-2009 at 08:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is the link to my birth story. Hope it works!

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f....php?p=3748620

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,

Tina, just had a read of your birth story...so lush! I cant wait to experience one like that next time! Well done! I hope you post pics of her room when its done! Get some rest...

Lisa, hope you are enjoying your night out! I love Gold Class...Once you do that, going to the movies normally just sucks! Hang in there babe...you are only 11dpo...time yet.

Teal, I hope the boys are feeling better! How has your milk gone since stopping the pill?? I hope its coming along ok...if you need anything (things you can take etc), let me know!

Haylie, how annoying about the real estate lady! I hope she has a good excuse this time, geez! Hope you are having fun on your little "less than 24 hours" trip.

Well, I have decided that enough is enough and my new diet/exercise regime starts Monday...and Ill even be blogging about it, in hopes it will keep me motivated and on track. I cant go full-steam ahead with breastfeeding, but I can do some things to help, and every little bit helps, so off I go. The blog address is in my profile if anyone wants to follow along...

Carter had speech therapy today and she says shes very impressed with his progress...hes able to be understood a lot easier (even Sarah and her mum understood him easily!), and his vocab is growing by leaps and bounds. He is stringing more and more words together, forming 6 and 7 word sentences...so proud. Both boys are grizzly at the moment and Jonno is at playing at church, so am left to get them into bed. Carter is complaining of being cold, so Im worried he is coming down with a fever...we'll see what that brings.

Night ladies! Have a good one!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, hope you are all having a great weekend.

Lisa - I hope Sarah is better soon, poor little thing. That's the trouble with this time of year, so many viruses and germs about. I hope Mr Spot stays away.

Haylie - Great to hear your house will be finished in 3 weeks... wow! are you excited?

Teal - I hope your supply increases soon. Have you sold anymore pups lately?

Tina - Good to hear that things are going so well and that you are getting out and about. Great birth story too

Britt - Good luck with the fitness regime, I need to get back into it too That's awesome about Carter's speech picking up.

AFM - We are busy cleaning the house still, when will it ever end?!! On monday we have two inspections lined up, one at 10am and one at 1pm. I'm going to take the kids to a playcentre for the morning and come home after the second inspection. I hope we get some positive feedback.

Today we went to the supermarket and instead of putting Reece in the trolley we let him help us shop. So he put everything in the trolley, loaded up the conveyer and even helped the checkout chick pack the bags! When we got home he helped unpack and put things away. I was so proud of him!
    Alex is doing really well, he's very alert and loves the jolly jumper. HERE is a pic.

And finally... the house is coming along well, they are up to plastering now. HERE are the latest pics of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Britt - Good on you for making the commitment re the weightloss. I think you look fab anyway . Once you lose a couple of kilo's its amazing how your mindset suddenly gets committed to taking it further and not puting on what you have lost. Glad Carters speech therapy went well.

Haylie - How was your night away?

Tina - Off to read your birth story now , hope your latest addition is doing well.

Hels - Gosh when I saw the pics of your house I thought how could you ever do any more cleaning, it looks spotless!

AFM - Had a lovely night out last night at the movies and dinner with DH. A superb sleep in this morning too, although I still woke up at normal time to take my temp but managed to then roll back over for another 2 hours. Temp is on the rise today, lets just hope its sustainable! Mr spot still around and crampy though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Georgette is due to wake for a feed at any moment but I'm going to try and get a post done, anyway!

Lisa - I have everything crossed for you. Glad you had a lovely evening out with DH - i've never been to Gold Class - but there's a new one opening at the mega shopping centre down the road so must try and get there one day.

Hels - al the best for the inspections - I always found it so nerve-wracking when people were looking at our house. So cute about Reece helping at the shops! And Alex is geeting so big!!! Time flies.

Britt - you go girl!!!! I'll be cheering for you! That's great news about Carter's speech.

Haylie - hope you had a nice night away - I saw the pics on facebook - it certainly did look cold!!!

AFM - managed to get to church this morning - it was a mission, though. I have to be so onto it with feeding because I have to lie down to feed on my right side as the flow is so fast. I had to do the same thing with Jude until he was about 8 weeks old (but on BOTH sides). Georgette copes well with the left side so I'm hopeful she'll get the hang of the right side quicker than Jude did. So therefore I have to try and time feeds and work out sides etc for when we are out. It is a pain in the proverbial, but I'm not stressed about it this time - it really got me down with jude. Gerogette is still very settled between feeds and feeding approx every 3 hours. DH is being wonderful and helping me in the night (changing nappies/burping etc). So things are going as well as they can be, I think. I'm really tired and a bit emotional, but I know this is normal!

No real plans for this week. There are a few things I want to get done but I'm just going to take it as it comes. I really need a massage - my bad shoulder is seized and it's making me headachy. Not sure how we'll squeeze it in around feeds but we'll figure something out. Might get the expresser out sometime this week - I'll need to get her used to bottles for when i have to go back and teach some classes. That's a good while away, but I don't want hassles with it when the time comes.

Well, she' still asleep! I made it to the end. Love to all XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey chicks,

Had a busy day today with church, errands, tidying etc. Tonight is my last night to splurge on food, so I made haystacks, followed by some M&Ms . I know I will feel SO much better after cutting out the crud from my diet, its just the first few days that are hard detoxing from all of it. So, keep in top of me girls...make sure I stick with it all!

Hels, why the heck are you moving?? Your house is AWESOME! I think I would kill to live in a place like yours! I do hope it sells quickly for you! The new house is really coming along, its so very exciting! And Alex is just such a little love!

Lisa, your chart is just beautiful! I cant wait until you test! Yay, I get to hang out with you again in a couple of weeks!!! And I get to meet Sarah...Carter is getting too used to having girl friends to play with, haha...

Tina, its nice to hear from you! Sounds like things are going so well with Georgette, shes too divine! Thats crazy about having to lay down to bf..I cant imagine the pain that would be! Only my left side comes down really quickly, but Cade is a pro at it now. Good luck with the bottles...Cade absolutely refuses them, grr!

Hi everyone else!

Well, no big plans for the week here. Got some passport pics done of Cade done today so we can go to the consulate on Tues morning to get his passport. It takes a while to get, so we figured it would be good to get it now in case we need to travel in the near future. Other than that, nothing worth mentioning...as usual, totally looking forward to kindy days!

Oh, and Cade hit the 7kg mark!

Have a great night girls!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Britt - how was your 1st day??? Hang in there, babe, the start is the hardest part. You can do it!!!

Heellloooooooo...where is everyone?

Well, I've timed this badly as Georgette is starting to stir. Be back later!!!!