+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hels - Love the photo of Alex in the car. Lachlan had the same one and loved it, can't wait to put Cooper in it too. Such little boys

Britt - Loved the photos on fb. The kids look like they're been the best of friends forever. Well done on surviving the drive down and back.

Just sold my first puppy And have two more that are getting back to me so very pleased with that.

Have had a very long day Cooper is really out of sorts and just couldn't be put down. I ended up putting him in the pouch and taking Lachlan to the park this morning which was great for all of us. Poor L was getting upset from all the crying this afternoon so he joined in DH has bub now so I get a little break before night duty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi

It is so cold here! I am loving it though, I much prefer winter to summer. This afternoon we had to meet a tradesman at the new house and I had both the kids dressed up like little eskimos- so cute!

Teal- yay on selling a pup already, thats great Sorry to hear your day hasn't been great. I hope tomorrow is better!

Britt- I love your FB pics! The kids look like they really hit it off. What camera do you have? I think you may have already told me but I forget. Have you done a photography course?

Hels- aw how cute is Alex! He looks so much like Reece now.

Sarah- lol we are having the same 'discussion' here most nights about eating dinner and not just drinking milk You could look on ebay for a sleeping bag, the one I am getting is 2nd hand but in great condition. Not sure what we are doing for Mason's 3rd birthday (its the 11th of July).... maybe just have the grandparents etc over for dinner and make a cake. What are you doing for Mias? HERE is a link for some recent photos on facebook. They start from about 2 months ago so you'll have to go to the end to see the most recent ones. Let me know if it doesn't work.

I wonder how Crystal is going??

Lisa- hope you are feeling better

Us- had a lovely day at home except for going to the house. Mason is learning how to use scissors (kiddy ones of course), which is interesting He made a huge mess then grabbed the broom and swept it all up. Good boy! Layla is still refusing some BF's and my milk supply is just not there anymore. Today I only BF her twice and then topped her up with a bottle after each one. I'd like to go till 6 months, even though she's not really getting much from me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey girls! LOVE all the new photos! Cute little ones!!

Tina-I already said it on FB but CONGRATULATIONS! LOVE HER!

AFM--today was Jared's first day back to work and we were all up @ 5 am. I had already begun to cry by 5:30. I am just so exhausted still and this last week was not a good way to end his holidays. I am so overly tired and Ethan must know it. The kid pushes me. A friend came to spend the day with me and it was awesome. MIL offered to clean the house tomorrow but I politely declined. I dunno, something strange about her cleaning for me makes me feel inadequate.

Still feeling pretty crap. Nurse came to give me my IV meds and the canula had clotted so it had to be removed. So now I get stuck with a needle each time! Only 2 more days of IV meds then 10 days of oral antibiotics. Here comes the thrush I can only imagine!

I am off to bed. Ezra is a dream! DELISH! Love him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Britt – Good to hear you made it home safely, love all the pictures. Thanks for making the effort to catch up with us, it was lovely.
    Hels – Hope you got to have your easy day yesterday. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your house!
    Sarah – Thanks lovely, I guess I am strong compared to some, but still hurt deep down…. Fingers crossed it wont take another 21 months to get those magical 2 lines. Looks like you and the kids all had a great time with Britt. Hope they are all feeling better.
    Teal – Hope you have a better day today with the boys. Yay for selling a pup! I am sure you will no problems as they are super cute.
    Haylie – I am feeling a lot better thanks. Isnt it cute when they start to clean up, I know sarah loves getting the broom and dustpan and cleaning up her mess!
    Crystal – I hope your day today is good by yourself with the boys. I’d definitely be taking the MIL up on her cleaning offer, or even ironing or something! Hope your continuing to feeling better.
    AFM – Feeling a lot better, cold is leaving me now. I am doing some paid market research at lunchtime today which will be fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A bit late (long day) but got the following update from Tina this morning:

"Georgette is a more frequent and aggressive feeder than Jude so far! Seem we breed hungry children Weighed her yesterday & she was only 100g below her birth weight! She's looking more like Jude as she smooths out - just smaller lips & littler, squishy face."

I ask her is she was over being in the hospital yet?

Nope it's good here - I'm lapping up getting fed & looked after it's a bit like being in a hotel so not complaining!

She's heading home tomorrow so we can look forward to more photos!!

AFM Cooper still really unhappy which is making us all unhappy so took him to the chn this evening and he's only put on 95g in two weeks so I ended up in tears over it as I hate to think he's been hungry. We think it was starting the mini pill which caused it I didn't think his unhappiness was a supply issue as he was fighting me and pulling away when I offered extra feeds but it must be. So came home and pulled my cookies out of the freezer and am on a mission to up the milk again. Fun fun. Poor bubba, we are both so tired from the constant waking and him not wanting to be put down during the day. I managed to get him to have a nice big feed tonight and he is sleeping in DH's arms atm so that should make him feel better.

On a happier note I've sold 3 puppies!! "Patch" is heading down to Melb to live

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teal - , I have heard the mini pill can play havoc with milk supply, but then on the other hand AF returning and hormones changing can equally do the same thing (well thats what happened for me). The cookies I hear do a great job, so I am sure you'll get your supply back up in no time. Have you stopped the pill, or are you continuing? Yay for another puppy being sold. Thanks for the update on TIna.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was thinking of staying on Mini pill for the moment and seeing how this week goes. I would have loved not to take it but AF returned and lasted 3 weeks it was only starting the pill that finally ended it. So would have been AF then the pill that has put Cooper off my milk. Funny thing is I gave him a big feed last night and then still managed to express 75ml from one side. So not sure if it is lack of supply or him not liking the change in the milk . Either way will just force feed him as much as I can til things settle. We got a bit more sleep last night but would have loved a few more hours. Poor Lachlan has been waking several times a night crying I think from being put out by Cooper crying all day and me being distracted by him. So there some more Mother's guilt gotta love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Morning girls,

Im getting behind, so thought I should pop in here to catch up!

Mel, how horrible about the nappy situation! Its not an excuse, but maybe they arent used to dealing with nappies?? I know our preschool doesnt allow them as the kids have to be toilet trained, so maybe they just forget? Either way, its not acceptable and it definitely needs to be addressed. Poor guy. Did you try Jasper in his cot? How did he go?

Haylie, oh its not long now until you are in your new house! Its been such a long time coming...have they given you a final inspection date at all yet? Carter loves the scissors...I never really let him use them until they started doing it at preschool, so now is super interested in them, haha. Boo to Layla refusing feeds ...thats tough. The camera I use is an Olympus SLR (I think the 1500 from memory?), altho I have fiddled with settings too much and am not liking the outcome of the colour pics, so have to tweak them quite a bit on Photoshop, which is why they all look different from each other, sigh. I just need to sit down with the manual and figure it out, hah.

Sarah, we miss you guys! We really had such a wonderful time invading your home...you truly are an amazingly beautiful woman and mother...and I walked away feeling inspired, thats a gift my friend! You are just so selfless and its a real honour to know you and be a part of your world...Cant wait to see more slings/wraps!

Teal, the pups are just magnificent! Im not surprised they are selling so quickly, too beautiful! Thanks for the updates on Tina, cant wait until she can pop in with all the details. As for Cooper and the milk issue...hhmm...thats the very reason Im wary to go on the minipill (and also because I dont want to stuff my hormones around more than they already are). Have you thought about other methods of contraception that wont interrupt your supply or change the taste of the milknow that af finally stopped? I guess see how you go this week like you plan and go from there...good luck with the cookies! I cant believe how amazing they are...

Tina, come home and get online already!

Lisa, oh Im counting down the days until testing again! I hope you are feeling a bit better now...I hope it wasnt going out in the cold on Fri night that put you over the edge. I SO appreciate you girls coming out and seeing me, it was so lovely meeting you in person! Come up and see me next month!!!

Hels, love the pic of Alex, hes too divine!

Crystal, my friend. Like everyone said, it gets easier, just breathe and take each thing as it comes, even if it means letting one child scream in the meantime. You will be feeling heaps better in no time! As for the thrush, try to stay away from high-GI foods (flour, etc), stock up on yogurt and take some acidophilus in capsule form while you are on the antid's...

I think thats everyone???

Well, in a nutshell Melbourne was great. It was a whirlwind trip, with about 23 hours spent on the road, but so very worth it. Had the lovliest time meeting everyone, Carter loved having a new playmate and Cade was very well behaved. The boys did so well in the car until about 45 mins away from home, when they both just kacked it. I was laughing hysterically in the front seat, because it was like something out of a comedy: both boys screaming in the backseat, unable to be calmed. Carter was overtired and throwing a tanty cause I wouldnt let him watch another movie on the dvd player, and I think Cade was just screaming because Carter was, and he was over being bored. It was a sight for sure. Carter was a nightmare on Monday, in kindy yesterday (was a lovely day for me, ha), and even the dog has been pretty well behaved. Cade still hasnt hit the 7kg mark, hes 6.92 as of this morning, so Im not sure if the gain is supposed to slow down at this stage or not? Im not worried at all, just curious really. So thats us really...just trying to get unpacked and what-not. Looking forward to kindy day tomorrow too....

Hope you girls are all well! The boys are both sick, which isnt helping much with the moods, but I think they are at the tail end of it now...

Enjoy your day!
    Last edited by plumptobump; 20-05-2009 at 10:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hellooo!!!

This will probably be a quick message but wanted to pop on and let you know we are home. Honestly, it's like there is a cyclone here at the moment...it's mad. Anyway, we're home safe and sound.

Georgette is just divine and things are going really well. She is feeding like a maniac but has settled down in the last 12 hours as my milk is in (oh, my, is it in...I'm in agony) so she is seeming more satisfied after feeding. We had a great night with her last night. She's feeding 3 hourly (just like her brother) but is so contented between feeds, so I'm hoping it will stay that way!

As for the labour - I will post a labour story - hopefully sooner rather than later. But the short version is: I woke on Saturday morning (after Mexican haha) and started having mild contractions 5 mins apart at about 8am. They were gradually intensifying, so we rang the hospy at 10am. They advised us to come in as my 1st labour was 8 hours, I was induced so no real benchmark to go by so they wanted to be on the safe side. In we went. I didn't want an internal and they were fine with that. Things kept progressing - by 1pm they were 3 mins apart and getting quite painful. Had an internal - 4cm. From 1 - 4pm they were very painful and 2/3 mins apart. At 4pm when I was due for a check I asked the midwife if breaking my waters would speed things up - she said most likely - so I asked her to do it. Well, she did, and the next 45 minutes were easily the most intense of my life. The middie was running the spa for me - I had been saving it up ha ha - well I never got there! The contractions starting coming for 2 minutes with about a 20 second break inbetween. I actually think I was semi-conscious for some of it. I was having gas but couldn't even maintain breathing it in. It was crazy. Then I just started pushing - totally involuntary - DH said all he could do was hang on to me as I was convulsing so much he thought I would fall off the bed (was on all fours....I think!). 3 contractions later she was crowning. Honestly, I hadn't consciously pushed once. When I realised what was going on i pushed - and out she came. She was delivered my the middies - the ob came 10 minutes after it was all over (placenta and all). It was so quick and unbelieveable. No tearing, no stitches. No bleeding!!!

So, that's it is a nutshell. It was a great labour. It really was only full on from 1pm. After taking 2 hours to push Jude out and then bleeding, this pushing experience was amazing. My body just did it for me - so, so different from the first time around.

Anyway, I'll post a better version sometime soon. Once DH loads the pics on the laptop I'll put them up, too. Will probably update some on FB as well.

I've had a quick read of the posts...will BBL for personals. But most of all -

Thank you for your heartfelt congratulations, and most of all, your amazing support during my pregnancy. I've come to love you girls so dearly and look forward to sharing in this journey with you all. You are very special people and I feel so blessed that you came into my life XXXXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Tina, Im so thrilled for you ...I have tears in my eyes. Sounds like such a beautiful birth...and yay for no bleeding! Welcome home to you and Georgette!!