ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Teal - Glad you had a lovely time away, I am sure you all looked beautiful all glammed up! Looking forward to seeing pics. Sounds like the boys were a treasure, what a special way to spend mothers day. Glad the cards worked out well.

Britt - LOL, such a sweety for popping in to let me know to be honest I dont think we have it in us to go 3 more nights! We will just have to take it day by day but I have been using preseed the past 3 nights so fingers crossed there is a build up like last cycle . I'm almost tempted NOT to bd tonight and save up for a good dose tomorrow but who can pass an opportunity!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    crystal - oh you poor darling. I hope the antibiotics kick in asap. Rest up (I hope this is possible...) You are in my prayers. UTIs are so horrible, especialy when you have a new little bubba and toddler to care for.

Britt - boo to your horrid day. I hope the boys get better soon.

Teal - sounds like you had a great trip. I hope you recover from the tiredness quickly! Can't wait to see the pics...I love wedding photos

Lisa - lol about not having 3 more nights in you! Thinking of you often - this is the one, sister!!

Mel- hope your DPs wrist is better soon - nothing like an injured partner to drive you insane. Jasper sounds like he is motoring along! Saw the latest pics of him on FB - soooo divine.

Have had the most full-on day pre-labour wise so far today. Had a couple of contractions that woke me overnight. Then this morning i went to Robina Town Centre and was walking around wondering why I was there - such painful braxton hicks - I kept thinking, the car is so far away (Robina Town Centre is like a planet of its own these days), and I have Jude and the pram and the shopping, ugh. Anyway, got home in one piece and spent the rest of the day trying to find a comfortable position to be in. Bubba was really quiet this morning, but amped up to full speed this afternoon, grinding in my pelvis like a crazy monkey. So I'm pretty tired right now, from all of that, plus very limited sleep. Back to the ob tomorrow. I have to admit, driving there doesn't appeal right now but at least Jude is going to MIL while I'm there. I'm glad there is plenty of action going on but it is exhausting...another couple of weeks of this and I'll be comatose lol. DH is super-excited and wants the baby to come, well, yesterday. I'm feeling a little anxious about the labour and just hope my pushing experience is more pleasant, not to mention no heommoraghing (sp) afterwards. Can't control these things, I know. My obs midwife assures me that my pushing experience WILL be better. I hope she is right!!!!!

'night all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tina - My excitement for you is building! Your ticker is looking awesome. My DH was the same in wanting bubs to come asap I ended up never telling him when I was having prelabour action as he would get so disappointed when nothing became of it. How was your appointment today? You should be able to have a look at wedding photos I've commented on on fb I won't post a link as they're not mine, but I will put some up here when I get some .

Lisa - Get off the computer and go make a baby DH could always tell when it was O time as it was almost the only time I was suggesting BD then after a couple of days in a row it would be limited again .

Haylie - Hope you start feeling yourself again soon.

AFM nothing exciting today. We went to kindermusik and were all ready for lunch and a sleep when we got home but then Cooper only napped for about 30mins and wanted to be in my arms all afternoon which made it difficult to unpack & tidy up. Have only just got him back into bed now DH had him from 5-7pm but he still wouldn't settle for us. Hopefully he is wrecked and will settle for the night.

We found out thursday that our retaining walls in our front and back yards are riddled with termites and our house is Cedar so we need to replace the walls asap to protect the house. DH is estimating about $3500 . Thank goodness the pups will be sold next month so that will help and I spose the poor credit card will have to cover the rest, it never ends.

My sister and her new hubby flew out to Tokyo this morning for their honeymoon. They are off to Tokyo Disneyland so I know she'll return with piles of pressies for the boys. I slightly jealous and wish we could go too, we didn't have a honeymoon so will be planning a big holiday once the kids are older.

Well DH is back from Woolies so I'd best help unpack all the shopping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teal - lol about the prelabour stuff - my DH is the same. But the way I'm wincing and sighing every 10 minutes it's a bit hard to disguise. I'll track those pics down on FB, thanks. Oh that sux about the termites. I'm hearing you about never-ending bills. I've just given up - we just seem to bleed money constantly and it's rarely on anything fun!

Well, the baby is 4 stations engaged. It explains the now constant feeling like I need to poo a rockmelon (sorry for the graphic description, but it is very accurate). My ob said he thinks there is a good chance he'll see me in the delivery suite before my appt next Tue. I hate it when they say things like that - makes me edgy. He also said there is no room whatsoever in my pelvis for my bladder - he actually pointed it out to me on the screen. This also explains a lot. I have strong braxton hicks literally everytime I move now - walking, getting up, lifting Jude, bending etc etc. So that's me.

Jude is out of sorts at the mo. He woke up at 4am screaming and was soooo hot. Poor little mite was beside himself. We got some medicine into him and DH slept in his bed with him until morning. He barely ate today (highly unusual) and was clingy and edgy - not too hot though. He went down for an arvo sleep but woke 40 mins into it really hot and hysterical again. I managed to cuddle him back to sleep but he was very restless. Then he slept until 5pm. Ate some dinner and is back in bed now. Who knows??? Poor monkey. I hope he's a bit better tomorrow.

Very quiet in here today - hope everyone is ok XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi all

Thanks for the birthday messages. I had a great day, and a lovely night away- although I am a little upset that none of my 'in real life' friends (other than my bestie) remembered it was my birthday Oh well. I guess being mothers day as well made it hard to remember. Had a bit of a teary over it today which is silly. Anyway, we had such a nice time on sunday & monday. DH made me bacon & eggs for breakfast sunday morning, then we had birthday cake (that he baked himself ) in the park with my mum & IL's. After that we left for the coast, got there at about 2:30. We had the yummiest dinner that night at a pizza place (incl a choc pizza dessert- sounds gross but was delicious!). Then shopping on monday. I was fairly restrained but did get a couple of things we needed like new bedside lamps, the last few curtain rods for the new house etc.

Today Layla had her 4 month immunisations- poor bubba screamed the place down. It is so distressing. She is fine now, I gave her a dose of panadol afterwards as she seemed quite hot but she hasn't grizzled since. She is now 6.2kg which is a huge 500g gain in less than 2 weeks- her best effort yet She has been refusing a lot of BF's (screaming and getting hysterical if I try to force it) and I'm only managing about 3 BF's a day now, all of which are followed by a bottle top up

Tina- how exciting that your bub might be here before next week! It definately sounds like you could go at any moment. All this prelabour is doing wonderful things to get your body prepared to birth your bubba Its so amazing.

Teal- I hope Cooper sleeps well for you tonight after his unsettled day. That sucks about the walls, hopefully it will be cheaper than what you think.

Lisa- good luck, I am keeping everything crossed for you

Crystal- sorry to hear you aren't well. I saw on your FB page that you went to the ER. Are you ok now?

Mel- did Jasper sleep in his cot last night? Let us know how he goes. Sounds like he's a growing boy!

Britt- wow! Jonno got well and truly spoilt! I will have to do something good for DH's birthday this year seeing as he put in so much effort for me.

Hels- how is Reece? And hows the house? We have been told ours is about 3.5-4 weeks off move-in stage. Very excited and can't wait to settle in.

Am going to try to get an early night tonight as we have another busy day tomorrow x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haylie - I am glad you had a nice birthday and mothers day, your DH sounds like he made it really special for you. Sorry about your friends, maybe it was the whole timing with mothers day etc, I know the day seemed to get away from us. Thanks for the well wishes, I hope this is the one!

Tina - Well I guess the countdown is on to days now , how exciting, and even more exciting that you dont know boy or girl! Cant wait to see those bubba pics. I hope Jude is feeling better soon so he can enjoy his new bro/sis.

Teal - LOL yeah, I managed to get off the computer last night and squeeze in one last BD session. DH is the same, he knows exactly when its O time with all the bd'ing and then the draught!

Hels - Hope you are feeling better for our meet this Friday

Sarah - Hows things with you and the girls?

Crystal - I saw your status on msn you poor love. I hope you have lots of help around you so you can rest.

Britt - I am getting so excited about Friday night! 2 more sleeps! Hope your all organised.

AFM - Had my temp rise this morning so looks like I o'd yesterday I'd say, managed to squeeze in a last bd session, fingers crossed my body can repeat what it did last month! Sarah is sick with a cold, but is as bright as a button during the day but shocking at night so still going swimming/gym this morning as she seems fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,

Im busy packing/laundering/cleaning/baking etc...so Im sorry this will be a bit short...SO much to do before we leave tomorrow afternoon!

Update on Crystal: her LC came by yesterday, said she suspected meningitis, so she headed to hospital, to be discharged with anitbiotics with a confirmed diagnosis of a severe uti and kidney infection. However, the hosp called this afternoon, told her the infection was in her bloodstream and she needed to get back to the emergency room asap. Sounds like she has urosepsis, which is very serious and life threatening if not treated, so its a good thing they called her to go back! Ill keep you posted as I hear back from her...

Tina, dont worry, QLD is our next trip! We might actually be heading up there in Dec, so Ill let you know...I need to meet the rest of you girls! Sounds like things are getting closer and closer, and with all thats been happening, I wouldnt doubt a short easy labour! One can hope anyway! Like your mw said, you WILL have a better pushing experience this time (esp since he is already so very engaged!) and just because you had one pp bleed doesnt mean you will again (as what happened with Sarah). I keep checking my phone to see if anything is going on, haha. Poor little Jude, I hope he feels better soon...I think pretty much everyone I know is sick or has sick kids...change of weather I suppose.

Mel, I cant believe how big Jasper is already! Well done boobs! I think Cade is going through a growth spurt as well as he cant seem to keep off the boob and is only sleeping 10 mins at a time...actually today has been much better though, so who knows really? Hope DP stays out of your hair and is actually a help where he can be, how frustrating with his new job and all! Why do you think Bayli is regressing with his tting? Do you think it still has to do with new bub in the house?

Lisa, sounds like the bases were covered again, so fingers crossed!! Come on sticky bub, where are you?!? Do you want me to bring any hpts or anything for you (and Debi and Kaz)??

Teal, how wonderful that your trip went so well! Cant wait to see pics of everyone all dolled up! How frustrating about the termites! If its not one thing, its another, hey?

Haylie, gosh what a mixed post! Im thrilled Layla did so well with her weight gain, but sad she is refusing the breast...Cade wont take a bottle no matter what, so I guess I have the opposite problem. Thrilled your birthday was so lovely with your family, but sad none of your friends remembered... It would be a big deal to me too...hey, I still cry over the fact my parents bought Jonno a Christmas pressie this last year and nothing for me. Its like they just forgot. Sad. Layla is just too lovely for words in her new pics!

Hi to all else!!

Well, I have two boys with a cold, which isnt very helpful with the attitudes and sleeping patterns at the moment. Carter is really testing the boundaries lately and I know half of it is because of his age and half of it is because of boredome, but Im feeling very stretched with my time between each of the boys, the dog (who really is an attention wh0re), and getting things done. And because we are leaving tomorrow afternoon to Melb, Jonno is staying late at work to make up for it, so Im left getting the boys fed, bathed (I cut Carters hair today at least), bedtime storied, and in bed...which is really difficult some times. Ill prob just bathe the boys together tonight (they both love it) to make it easier on myself. I still have so much to do before we leave...and I apologise to the girls that I will prob look disheveled and tired on Fri night, haha. Im so sad about Cade losing his hair...it always balanced out his huge head and now he just has a huge head. Im pretty sad about losing mine too, sigh. Ok, well, best get back to things. Ill be online on my phone while Im away, so will check in from time to time...I suspect Tina will have bub (a BOY) in her arms before I get home...

Love you all!
    xxx
    Last edited by plumptobump; 13-05-2009 at 15:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still here, girls

Britt - oh the timing of your boys being sick. I'm sure you'll still have a wonderful time away. Have I mentioned that I'm jealous? lol. I also had a smile when I read that you think I'll have a baby boy in my arms by the time you get home...who would know!!!!! I feel like this prelabour is going to go on forever - but of course it won't. Yay to hear you're thinking of coming to Qld!!!!!!

Lisa - sounds like there are sick kids everywhere. It's so draining. I hope Sarah is better at night soon. Are you still watching Masterchef?

Haylie - sounds like your DH made a wonderful effort for your birthday. Poor little Layla having her injections. I hate the things. How great that she has gained so much weight. I've seen the latest pics of your munchkins on FB - so beautiful. Layla has the cutest cheeks!!! I love bubby cheeks!!!!

Crystal - I am praying for a full return to health for you as soon as possible. What a nightmare. I hope the Drs can sort it out very, very quickly X

Same old here. Jude went to MIL today so had a nice restful day which was much needed. He seems to be much better - no more temp - and back on his food, so hopefully he's fought off whatever it was. I am so uncomfortable - I had none of this kind of discomfort before having Jude. Driving the car is a nightmare! Still plenty of prelabour action. As long as it's doing good things then it's all good with me.

FIL said to me tonight that i have to hold off until Wed (he finishes his radiation treatment on Tue). I told him I'd see what I can do! Babies are unpredictable beings.

Right, off to have a shower so I can be ready for bed before Spicks and Specks. Goodnight, all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Britt - Thanks for the update on Crystal, poor love. So glad the hospital called her. Hope your all organised for your trip. Once your on the road you'll be able to chill out hopefully.

Tina - Oooo yeah I love Master Chef! I think I love any reality TV show really lol. Did you watch the show after Spicks and specks tonight? about the advertising? Never seen it before but thought it was an interesting watch.
    Glad Jude is feeling better and you got some rest today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - Hope you recover quickly.

Britt - All the best for the drive to Melb, yuck! Hope the boys are feelng better soon.

Tina - I'm guessing Monday the 17th for your Princess to arrive . And I'm guessing it will be a fast labour too. Although I also have this feeling that you may go a little overdue so if not monday we may have to wait another week or so. Don't you love the way the OB's gets your hopes up? Ours got our hopes up every week from 36wks that bubs was only a few days away and was always wrong no wonder I agreed to the ARM a good way to end the suspense.

Lisa - How's Sarah's cold? Hope she is still being good during the day at least.

Haylie - Yay for your house being so close to finishing!! It'll be so great to move in and get settled. 6.2kg for Layla is great! Sorry to hear she is still fighting the bf .

AFM nothing overly exciting going on. Took the boys to playgroup this morning and they are both napping at the moment. It was a struggle to get Cooper down, he layed in my arms screaming blue murder before he finally dropped off then woke 10mins after I put him down But have managed to resettle him so hope it's a long one.

Our pups are going well they are 4wks so I have been introducing solids the last few days (is like having 6 more babies ). Got some more photos so will throw them up when I can. Am going to start advertising them soon as I'll let them go from 7wks.

Am off to change the washing and do the dishes before Lachlan wakes .