+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is purely a "me" post, I will try to catch up another time. Thankfully the thread hasn't been too busy.

We have had the week from hell as Reece was in hospital for 3 days. It started last saturday as he woke up with blood blisters all over his tongue and bruises everywhere. We already had a doctor's appt for Alex's needles and fluvax so we asked her to check him over. She gave us a referral to the hospital and he was admitted. They took some bloods and he has a blood condition called ITP which is when the immune system attacks the platelets in the blood which are responsible for clotting. We are unsure if he will have this for life but he can't have any rough play or do contact sports etc when he's older. He is on steroids at the moment and having weekly blood tests.
    He is a lot better in himself now and I'm most likely going to take him to daycare for a few hours tomorrow, he hasn't been for a week.

Alex didn't have his needles as he has had a cold too, so hopefully will have them on saturday now as he is a few weeks overdue now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hels - oh you poor love, and poor Reece! That is just crazy. Good to hear he is back to being more like himself. That certainly does sound like the week from hell, though. I hope things continue to look up from here on. You must be exhausted.

Britt - I'm sure Jonno is loving the lead up to his birthday! It sounds just lovely to me. Where are you going to dinner tomorrow night?

Things are ok here. Visited my friend who is pg with twins (7th round of ivf) this morning. Jude was an angel, so it was all good. She is 28 weeks, looking great, not sleeping (man, what is with it!!!!) but doing well. Jude had a sleep this afternoonso I lay down for the whole 2 hours. I dozed for half of it. It all has to help, surely. Got to sleep at 1am last night - at least an improvement on the night before.

Had lots of pain last night (about 11pm). It was like very strong period pain, but didn't come and go, just stayed constant. Lasted for about 45 mins then went. Otherwise, same old!!!

Hooray, the weekend is nearly here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Morning Ladies,

TIna - Fingers crossed its the start of good things to come labour wise for you.

Hels - You poor love, that would of been a bit scarey for you all. But I guess good thing to find out now than late in life for Reece.

Britt - I think it's Jonno's bday today??? Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy a nice day together.

to everyone else.

AFM - CD10 today, its gone so quick to be honest. About to start the action again in the hope of catching a special mothers day present this month DH is really positive about it all so fingers crossed he is right. My mum is coming to pick sarah up shortly to take her for most the day so I can finally get around to cleaning my oven. ALso have some runaround jobs and some sewing to do for a sewing swap I have entered. We are making hand towells

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls just a quick one from me. The boys did awesome on our drive yesterday!!

Hels - Sorry to hear about Reece, poor little man, glad he is feeling better atm.

Tina - Sounds like there's lots of action going on baby wise! Why does it always have to be during the night Pregnant mummies need their sleep. Nope haven't got that cookbook my sister and I just made it up when we did a practice one earlier in the week. I do need to get some cake books though as we had fun making that one

Lisa - Can't believe you're on CD10 already. Have fun with all that BDing . Got the cards thank you they are fabulous! You are one clever lady.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your kind words everyone

I decided to keep Reece home from daycare today as he isn't eating properly yet. This morning he hardly touched his breakfast (which had his medicine hidden in it) and I couldn't give it to him on an empty stomach, so he has had no food and no medicine today.

So totally over it

He has had a sleep and just woke up so I'll try him with a sandwich shortly. Not going to bother with the medicine again today, the dosage is decreasing each day as they are weaning him off it. Hopefully we will get some into him tomorrow. I just wish he would eat as he looks all skinny and unhealthy again.

BBL...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hels*Bels View Post
    This is purely a "me" post, I will try to catch up another time. Thankfully the thread hasn't been too busy.

We have had the week from hell as Reece was in hospital for 3 days. It started last saturday as he woke up with blood blisters all over his tongue and bruises everywhere. We already had a doctor's appt for Alex's needles and fluvax so we asked her to check him over. She gave us a referral to the hospital and he was admitted. They took some bloods and he has a blood condition called ITP which is when the immune system attacks the platelets in the blood which are responsible for clotting. We are unsure if he will have this for life but he can't have any rough play or do contact sports etc when he's older. He is on steroids at the moment and having weekly blood tests.
    He is a lot better in himself now and I'm most likely going to take him to daycare for a few hours tomorrow, he hasn't been for a week.

Alex didn't have his needles as he has had a cold too, so hopefully will have them on saturday now as he is a few weeks overdue now.
    Sorry to hear that Hels. I hope that he perks up a bit for you. What a week you've had

Tina- sounds like things are ramping up Thanks for the FB add. I have checked out your photos- Jude is such a handsome little guy!

Teal- glad to hear you survived the trip. Is the wedding tomorrow?

How is everyone else going?

Me- I'm just not feeling myself lately, not sure what is going on. A bit down about things but I'm not really sure what? Things with DH & I are better than they have been for awhile so its not that. Who knows. Anyway, we had a busy day today with mothers group and are going to the IL's for dinner tonight. Must go get ready soon otherwise we'll be late.

Its my birthday on sunday (mothers day) and DH is taking me away for the night Mason will stay with the IL's and Layla will come with us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haylie - sorry to hear you're not feeling yourself...glad things are good with your DH, but look after yourself, lovely. A night away for your birthday sounds great. I hope it gives you a lift. Oh, thanks for the comments about my little man - we think he's pretty special lol! Yes, I finally got on to finding you girls on FB after Britt found me. Think I still have a couple to find - Jude was going nuts while I was doing it. Looking forward to having a look at everyone's photos of their cute munchkins.

Teal - hooray for a great car trip! I hope you have a fabulous time at the wedding.

Hels - oh, what a time you're having. I hope Reece eats some more tomorrow.

Lisa - hope you got your oven cleaned lol! I hate to think what ours looks like (DH is the cook around here - I haven't poked my nose in there for a while - he wouldn't notice if it was dirty or not). I am praying that THIS is your sticky BFP month.

Britt - hope the birthday is going well!!!

AFM - have felt really odd since about 2pm. Can't explain it. My skin is kind of prickly and I feel, I don't know, weird. Still have plenty of pain. We walked to our mates place for dinner tonight (all of one block) and I just had the strongest BH's the whole time. I can't even bend over without having them. And truly, I feel like the baby is going to fall out of my butt. If only it was that easy...but honestly, the pressure there is intense. Sigh. I'm sure it's all progress but it is kind of tiring. Enough moaning.

It's my baby high tea tomorrow morning. I'm just having it with some girlfriends from down here - no family or Brisbane mates etc - just a small thing. It should be lovely. We can play ladies for the morning lol.

Hope you all have a great Saturday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teal - Glad you liked the cards, enjoy the wedding and mothers day

Tina - Enjoy your baby high tea tomorrow! how exciting, fingers crossed all the excitements brings on a bubba. Thanks for your prayers, I am so praying for a sticky one this month. DH is just so encouraging, he even took such an interest in my charts last night and found a pattern of temps and thinks we are in with a good shot - bless him lol.

Haylie - , sorry to hear your not feeling yourself. Maybe your hormones are shifting once again. Indulge in something good

Hels - Hope Reece improves soon.

Hows everyone else doing?

AFM - I think I am o'ing in the next 48 hours, temps lowest they normally are, o pains, ewcm..... so the bding fest has began. Fingers crossed we can replicate what we did last month with some success. Just been to a 1yo birthday party where it was Freezing to say the least..... this arvo I am off to a friends for an early dinner which will be nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hiya girls

Tina--How was your tea?! How fun! I want to come! Not long now! I am sooo sooo sooo excited! Do you have an SMS buddy? I'd love to do it if you need one! (I probably missed that post haha)

Lisa-Praying praying praying this is your month! You are amazing!

Hels--Thinking of you and Reece. Is it a debilitating disorder or something that can be managed? Either way it's not fun. Lots of hugs!

Haylie--perfectly normal to not feel like your normal self sometimes. Just take it easy, get spoiled tomorrow and enjoy! Thinking of you and hoping you have such an awesome day tomorrow!!

Britt--How did all the birthday stuff go?! Jared turns 30 next month and fairly certain I'll treat him to a soft serve @ maccas haha!

AFM-
    -Well still going, not enjoying it really, SUPER tired and a bit emotional. We are now on a double dose of domperidone and nothing is changing. Still SUPER low on supply. I pump and get maybe 40mls! (thats w/o a feed)

Saw the LC on Thursday and now were BF'ing, expressing, topping up with EBM AND formula. I have given the boobies 1 more week to get their sh*t together and then we are going to a bottle. I know it seems like a total cop out, but I can't cope with this all by myself once Jared goes back to work. I want it to work, but refuse to let my emotional state suffer. It takes all my time away from Ethan too and I hate that. Anyway--enough rambling.

Hope you amazing ladies have a BEAUTIFUL Mother's Day! Lots of love!

Ps--Ezra is still just divine! Even through it all he is so sweet and cuddly. He does love his mommy! There are a few new pictures up on Facebook if you wanna have a loot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - lol - I think nearly everyone on this thread is my sms buddy. Actually, I think Teal is the one doing the honours of posting??? With my pg brain I can't remember. But I do have others on my text list, too, so if you want the news straight up, pm me your number. I don't think you're copping out AT ALL putting a deadline on the B'feeding...your sanity and well-being are the most important things. As one of my friends says, if the mum falls apart then it's all over for everyone. So true. So I'm praying that your milk will become abundant and it will all work out, but if not, you've given in such a courageous go - kudos to you, sister. BTW - looked at your facebook shots. Honestly, I could dunk Ezra in a cup of tea - he is divine.

Lisa - it sounds like your DH is being such a gem. I hope the BDing gets the job done! Had a look at your cards on FB - love the new designs you put up.

Well, I had a lovely morning at high tea. There were 7 of us - just a nice number - lots and lots of laughs. I had my own little high tea platter of gluten-free goodies. I have to say it was impressive - I thought my spread could be dodgy, but it was far from it! I know I indulged in things I shouldn't eat (eg-dairy) but what the hey!!! So I've pretty much eaten cr*p all day (for dinner as well) and feel a bit ordinary right now but it certainly is nice to cut loose from my dietary restrictions once in a blue moon. Will have to get back on track tomorrow, though or I'll pay for it.

All the same old pains etc today. I think that's what I'l be writing for the next 2 weeks lol. I'm happy for bub to stay put for now so no BDing or anything for at least another week I think. Last time we BD'd heaps once I knew I was being induced (had 3 days notice) and I lost my mucous plug progressively each time...not quite ready to go down that road yet!

Happy Mothers Day for tomorrow lovely ladies. I hope you all get the spoiling you deserve!!!!

Oh yeah, here is the 38 week belly shot...the question is, will I get to post a 40 week one???

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/q...uy/38weeks.jpg
    Last edited by teenie; 09-05-2009 at 21:36. Reason: adding photo link