+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls

Teal - oh you poor thing you must be so tired. I really felt for you reading your post. Hooray that your Mum is coming!!! Going away is so exhausting let alone when you have a toddler who hates the car, a newborn and a wedding to go to!!! You're a trooper. Try to rest up a bit this week.

Obviously everyone has had a busy Sunday...

I have felt a lot better today. Still an emotional wreck (couldn't sing in church because all of the songs made me cry.) Went to Spotlight and Bunnings after church which was probably pushing it, but I want to make my friend a knotted rug for her birthday (which is this Thur) so I really needed to get the fabric!! By the time we got home I was feeling ordinary and tired but my ear is only popping a little bit and aching every now and then. I SOOOO hope it's only onwards and upwards from here.

Had a few mates around for a bbq tonight. We booked to go and see Chicago next week. Normally I would be very excited but I'm just so tired...we're going on a Wed evening. I'll have to rush home from work etc as it's in Brisbane. Anyway, it will be a nice night out with the girls to see some fabulous dancing.

My Mum is coming for a few days on Thursday. I wish she was coming tomorrow!!!! DH has yet another futsal tournament tomorrow (and another on Fri) so is leaving at the crack of dawn and getting home late. I'm just a bit useless at the moment. Oh well, one day at a time, huh? (more like one hour lol)

Hope you all had a great weekend. XXXXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi girls

I am so exhausted. DH still has the manflu and of course is near death So even though I am sick and both the kids are sick, he has managed to sleep the last couple of days so he can get better (nice for some). Then this morning he wakes up feeling ok, so we all get up and I go to feed Layla as usually he deals with Mason and I feed Layla in the mornings if he's home.... but he took himself to the bathroom, shut the door and ran a nice hot bath for himself It took all my strength not to go in and have a complete meltdown and/or hissyfit at him. So Mason was nagging at me for 'juice' which is a battle in itself lately because I am trying to limit his fluid intake to just water and milk, he was hungry for breakfast, both kids needed their nappy changed, Layla was screaming.... and DH is soaking in the bath tub I don't know if its that he's selfish or if he just truly does not think sometimes.

So anyway, that was our morning and I am still fuming over it. I know its silly and its not that big a deal but I just feel like me getting rest or some time out isn't important to him because I don't go to work- even though my job is 24/7...

We were meant to go to the zoo today to use our free pass but none of us feel up to it. Not sure what we'll do today. DH is on his days off now but there's a fair bit of stuff we need to get done around the house inc bath the dogs.

Sorry for no personals, gotta go deal with the kiddies....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all,

Start if a new week...and its a busy one for us. We're going to Ikea tonight to get an outdoor dining set they have for $199...solid acacia, such a great price! Wed night I have rehearsals as Im singing in our churchs album recording this weekend in a vocal ensemble. Thurs to Sat I will be at womens conference in the city (Ill miss you Crystal!) , then Sun is album recording. So today is the only time to get the house in some sort of order...didnt get squat done this weekend with my arm being SO sore from the booster and a fever (and then some tummy issues last night, ugh)...not to mention feeling so unmotivated to clean hah. So, today and tomorrow I MUST get stuff done around the house!!

Oh Haylie, I SO hear you!! Dh and I got into a massive arguement at the store yesterday...he said he was starting to feel like he was getting sick and would take a nap when we got home. He does not get up to Cade in the middle of the night (altho he gets up to Carter, but is back asleep within 5 mins where I am awake for an hour sometimes with Cade), he sleeps in on the weekends when I get up to the kids, he snoozes on the couch at night before we go to bed...I feel like all he does when hes home is sleep, and I was fuming! I had a fever, have had a sore throat for days and I dont get a nap (incidentally, we all fell asleep for an hour which turned out nicely), so why the hell should he? His excuse is that he cant get sick because he works! Um, so if I get sick, its ok because I can plod along looking after the kids in a house that isnt climate controlled, running around while he sits at a desk, etc. Like you said, I would LOVE more than anything to go to work sometimes and leave the kids with him. So frustrating! All that to say, I so commiserate and Im sorry you are having to deal with so much.

Hels, glad you are doing so well on Weight Watchers...Im desperate to start losing weight, but am so paranoid about it affecting my supply when I had issues with Carter. I may just start walking with the kids everyday and changing a few eating habits and see how I go...Im sorry Alex has been screaming.. Im very lucky in that both my boys have never been screamers (or criers for that matter). I cant imagine how helpless you would feel, poor guy.

Tina, are you feeling better today? How exciting your mum coming, I would so love that! I hope that will allow you to get some rest...

Teal, you are so brave for taking that trip with two littlies! I think there is nothing worse than screaming kids in the backseat when you cant do anything about it! And you get your mum staying with you too, Im jealous! How fun about the photoshoot...we want/need to get one done when Cade is 5 months as thats when we had it done with Carter, but having a hard time finding someone reasonably priced...(Crystal, in all seriousness, we would fly you and bub out to do a shoot in July if you wanted/were able!). Carters therapy went well, but they didnt really work on his new words, so she didnt really get to see how much he has picked up unfortunately. Ah well, lots of time for that I suppose.

Hi everyone else!

Well, Carter has just dumped a bag of peanuts all over the couch, so best go clean it up...need to hang out the nappies anyway. Have a fab Monday ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yay a new thread
    I have been waiting for this lol.
    I introduced myself in the last thread, but found it to hard for me to keep up with, as there were already a million posts

Im Jo, Im 20, and live in Brissy, I have A 13 month DS and im 8 weeks pregnant

Will do my best to keep up this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls--I will be honest, I have nothing positive to say right now so I have been staying away. Been the hardest weekend ever. Even just typing it out makes me cry. Jared was gone (gets back today) and Ethan has learned to climb OVER his gates. So no sleep, no free time, nothing. Ok need to stop talking about it.

I'll pop back in this week once I am in a right frame of mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jo! Good to see you again! Good luck keeping up this time! With most of us done with pregnancy, we dont have as much time to hop on anymore, so it should be a little easier...

Crystal, oh hon. Was Jared away on his trip with his Dad and brothers? Im so sorry your weekend has been so tough...wish I could have been there to help. Remember that everything is a season...and you will get through this one! Im here if you need to chat!

Afraid I have a bit of bad news...our house is under offer. It sat on the market for months, amd the day we decide to move on it, someone else beats us to it. It made me realise how great it really was and how hard it will be to find something as good. (sigh) I am SO over all this...the looking, the comparing, the pricing, etc. Its a bloody full-time job to find a house. Anyway, so Im a little down about it...Im confident the "right" one will come along, but a bit discouraged it may be another year or something until it does come along. Anyway...

Hope the rest of you are having a better day!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, Crystal, . I hope Jared is home now and you're getting a chance to put your feet up. I wish there was something more I could say...hang in there, lovely.

Kaidensmum - hi again!!!! Hope you can hang about this time lol. It can get a bit mad in here but as Britt said with a lot of the '09 babies already being born it's not quite as busy. Hope you are feeling well.

Haylie - to your DH!!! I think you showed great restraint in not barging into the bathroom and going nuts! I hope the rest of your day panned out better...and that your DH gave you a chance to have a rest.

Britt - oh that is dissapointing about the house. You are right, finding a house IS a full-time job (and a stressful one at that.) I was a basketcase when we were buying and selling this time last year. It's just so full on. I hope and pray the right house is just around the corner for you.

AFM - blah, what to say? I'm ok, but nowhere even close to 100%. I think it's going to take a while to recover from this nasty thing. Had such an exhausting day as DH left at sparrows, I didn't sleep well last night, and Jude decided this was a day he wouldn't have a day sleep. I was ok in the morning but by 12:30pm could barely stay on my feet. Safe to say it was a long afternoon. As soon as I get tired my ear starts aching. Grrr. Talk about a slow process. I feel like if I could get the right amount of rest I'd get back to normal, but as I'm sleeping dodgily at night and Jude only sleeps in the day about 5 days out of 7 I'm not in much luck. Whinge, whinge, moan, moan...

The one up is that DH got home, took one look at me and said he wouldn't play indoor soccer tonight (game was at 6:45pm). He has the kitty money so he's taken Jude to the venue to have a bit of a watch and pay the money. He is a darling. I think having to manage dinner, bath and bed on my own would have done me in (not really, but it's so nice not to have to do it when I feel so cr*p).

So that's us. Tomorrow is playgroup, which hopefully will be good as Jude loves playing there and I generally get to chill a bit. Plus the other Mum's are wonderful and push him on the swing for me etc because I'm pg and hate being out in the sun!!! We all look after each other.

Where is Sarah!!!!???

Thanks
    Reviews
    A bad day here for us. My sister had a miscarriage at 9wks, is having a D&C tomorrow They are devasted of course. Plus my Mum had just arrived here when she got the news so is 7hrs drive from my sis, she'll head back in a day or two if they want her too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear, it sounds like a lot of us are going through tough times, so big to everyone who needs it.

Not too good here either as DH has had a gastro bug so he took today off work. Reece has been off his food so I kept him home from daycare today but he seems a lot better.

On a more positive note, they started our house framing today.

I'll be back tomorrow with personals, I hope tomorrow is a better day for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Thanks for the kind words. We had a massive argument yesterday because I am fed up with being the last on the list of priorities ALL the time and still having to be the one to hold the family together regardless of how I am feeling. DH basically slept all day yesterday and while I agree that he isn't well and probably needed a good sleep, I have needed a good sleep for months but its just not an option. So anyway, after quite a stressful afternoon/night of fighting and a few nasty comments being thrown around, we have apologised this morning. I am ashamed of the way we both acted towards each other. He took Mason to daycare and has looked after Layla all day (other than BF's). I went and did a little shopping which always cheers me up. Just some more winter clothes for the kids. I think Mason probably has enough now but I will need to go through his socks and singlets and will probably need to replace some of them in a bigger size. Not sure about Layla but I'll probably need some more PJs or comfy round-the-house clothes for her. I had forgotten how quickly babies grow and how expensive they are to clothe in that first year! Mason has been a size 2 for over a year now but Layla of course is growing so quickly and clothes don't last very long at this age.

Teal- I am so sorry to hear about your sisters miscarriage That is so upsetting and I hope that everything goes ok today with her D&C xo Your trip away sounded exhausting. We are lucky that Mason is a wonderful traveller (he would seriously sit in the car all day and not complain once) but Layla is not so good lol. She is getting better but in the first few weeks she would scream the whole time. We live 40 mins from the main shops and it is a LONG drive with her screaming in the back. Often we would pull over just to get her out to give her a quick cuddle to calm her down, then get back in and go again.

Hels- very exciting about the framework! I hope your boys are better soon.

Tina- hope you enjoyed your playgroup today.

Crystal- sorry to hear you've had such a tough time. I hope you are able to get some rest soon

Hi Kaidens mum! Welcome back. It's hard to keep up in here but I'm sure you'll fit in really well

Britt- grrr how very frustrating about the house I guess there's always the chance that they won't go through with a contract, or their finance won't be approved..... there might still be hope. It looked like such a lovely homely place too. Keep at it, every set back is just one step closer to your perfect home. Your DH & mine sound quite similar, I'm sure they would get on like a house on fire haha. I think my DH is a bit selfish because his parents have always waited on him hand and foot. For eg, when he was 18 and working full time, they would both get up at like 3:30am to make him a cooked breakfast and help him get ready and send him off for the day. Hes lucky if he gets a 'goodbye' from me of a morning if I am still asleep

Lisa- when do you test?? I was thinking of you last night and was feeling very anxious about hearing the result of this cycle. Hopefully its a BFP!!

Got some washing to do today and we are probably going to the zoo tomorrow so need to get organised for that. I don't have the motivation to do anything else other than that.